Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2011, 20:32   #616
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
Better keep the duster dirty I guess and bear with it. Mine is only couple of months old and doesn't look all that dirty, let me see how it looks few months from now without washing.
How about cleaning it with vaccum cleaner suction attachment.
Old 9th February 2011, 20:57   #617
BHPian

In my experience, washing does reduce the effectiveness. I washed once only with warm water and a very old leftover bottle of hair shampoo. Now, I have got a second one. The old duster is used for the first wipe to remove the excess dust followed by final wipe with the newer one. I guess the new one thus should last much longer.
Old 9th February 2011, 20:58   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
the use of detergent washed away the wax coated on the threads. hence it lost its properties.
Car shampoo's are known to be less harsh on the car's wax coat. So why not wash the duster with car shampoo's from reputed brands like Meguairs / Pinnacle / Mother's etc. Has anybody tried this before ?
Old 9th February 2011, 21:52   #619
BHPian

Ive been using the duster since the last 2month and noticed that it leaves back some threads like what those yellow/orange dusting cloth does!! Has anyone experienced this? I havent washed it as yet!
Old 9th February 2011, 22:34   #620
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Ive been using the duster since the last 2month and noticed that it leaves back some threads like what those yellow/orange dusting cloth does!! Has anyone experienced this? I havent washed it as yet!

I got mine last month and no it does not leave anything behind. The most convenient part of the Duster is its handle and design. Lets me reach the other end (almost) with one swipe. I was not bowled over with the product, just satisfied, until I realized from a post made above that it does not sweep the dust, it picks it up. Yep thats what it does.

I will be happy to pick the next one when this one dies end of year.

Cheers
Old 12th February 2011, 08:35   #621
BHPian

Guys,

How do you dry the duster when washed, My miniduster was not picking up the dust anymore so thought would give it a wash, what I did is

> Wash under cold water
> Dry it in Sun

This actually killed it, I felt the issue was drying it in the sun,

Had to repeat the same on my Duster, this time

> Soak in mild detergent and Wash under cold water stream
> Air dry as recommended in the instructions.

This bought back the charm of the duster and it does what's it best at.

Allways let it air dry
Old 12th February 2011, 10:46   #622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
How about cleaning it with vaccum cleaner suction attachment.
I do not think the suction would be enough to pull off the dust that's sticking (not just loosely bonded) to the duster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
Car shampoo's are known to be less harsh on the car's wax coat. So why not wash the duster with car shampoo's from reputed brands like Meguairs / Pinnacle / Mother's etc. Has anybody tried this before ?
This is definitely something that can be tried.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
The duster isn't supposed to leave any kind of threads whatsoever. Are the threads grey in color (same as the duster's strands)?

As for washing I had washed one of the 2 dusters that I had and it did seem to work ok that time (I even posted about it IIRC). However, its not as effective as the other one which hasn't been washed till now (around 6 months since purchase).

One of my friend liked it so I gave it to him and as per him the washed one (he doesn't know ) picks up dust easily. But when I went to his place and tried dusting with the duster myself I realized that it is not even half as effective as mine (unwashed). And yes, it was merely brooming the dust from one point to another (which I think isn't so bad).

The unwashed one which was bought just 1 month after the first isn't as effective as it was when new but instead of 1 swipe if I make 2 (or 3) swipes it does the job. I'm planning to keep it unwashed as long as I can and even if it completes around 9-10 months like that I'd be pretty happy.

PS: My washing method was - Soaking the duster in warm water for about half an hour. Then soaking it in mild detergent for another half an hour and then finally rinsing (just kept it under runnning water, no rubbing) it. I didn't dry it under direct sunlight and maybe that's the reason that it did work like new for around a month or two because the wax wasn't washed away completely.
Old 20th February 2011, 00:26   #623
Senior - BHPian

Had been to Reliance, but unfortunately they dont seem to have the combo pack. They had one or two variations with 2-3 micro-fib cloths, a duster, and so on. There were two kinds of dusters as well. In the 800 range.

The duster seemed heavy and thick. Like a big mop
Old 21st February 2011, 13:15   #624
Senior - BHPian

@thedreamcatcher,
You can try in Sai Colorium or infact our own "Ultimate Detailerz", they also stock it.
Old 27th February 2011, 12:50   #625
Senior - BHPian

Jopasu Car Duster in hyderabad

where can I pick this one in Hyderabad? what's the correct price?

Anything apart from the duster worth picking up from Jopasu? Some combo pack etc?
Old 28th February 2011, 08:34   #626
BHPian

dust trapped on the bristles can be a game spoiler what ever the brush quality may be. Keeping the surface of the brush / non woven clean of dust by regular washing is the key to getting swirl free wipes!
Old 1st March 2011, 20:30   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
dust trapped on the bristles can be a game spoiler what ever the brush quality may be. Keeping the surface of the brush / non woven clean of dust by regular washing is the key to getting swirl free wipes!
Its important to shake off the dust, washing reduces the effectiveness of the duster. In our conditions we CANNOT keep swirl free, only prolong the appearance IMHO. The california duster too claims to get "better" as it gets dirtier, but our conditions are so bad that nothing can work as it should for long.
Old 6th March 2011, 19:25   #628
Senior - BHPian

I am interested in purchasing the duster but not able to find it here. The listing on ebay is quite expensive especially the shipping cost. Was wondering if anybody could help me procure one.
Old 7th March 2011, 16:51   #629
BHPian

Re: Jopasu Car Duster in hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
where can I pick this one in Hyderabad? what's the correct price?

Anything apart from the duster worth picking up from Jopasu? Some combo pack etc?
Searched at almost all possible outlets. I could not find a one in stores in Hyderabad. Finally got myself a one through e-bay. Delivery was in 4-5 days from the date of ordering
Old 8th March 2011, 12:51   #630
BHPian

Bought the duster recently and finding it pretty good. For those in Chennai, it is available at Jewajee car decors in Anna Nagar costing Rs. 450.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks