Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2011, 20:31   #646
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Hello fellow Bhpians, as previously stated i need urgent help in procuring a duster. The Jopasu guys are neither answering to my queries nor providing me information regarding the payment as i want to pay through direct cash deposit in bank A/c.
Our very own Ultimate Detalierz have ran out of stock too so am a bit helpless in procuring it.
Therefore, anyone who is willing to pick up the same, if possible, do help me out. I can pay in advance, if needed.
Old 22nd March 2011, 22:34   #647
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Hello fellow Bhpians, as previously stated i need urgent help in procuring a duster. The Jopasu guys are neither answering to my queries nor providing me information regarding the payment as i want to pay through direct cash deposit in bank A/c.
Our very own Ultimate Detalierz have ran out of stock too so am a bit helpless in procuring it.
Therefore, anyone who is willing to pick up the same, if possible, do help me out. I can pay in advance, if needed.
There is some shortage for sure, i too have a friend asking but its not there. I have one extra which i bought for my dad, but how can i send it to lucknow is the question as courier etc will charge min 100 bucks. I called Ultimate Detailerz, they have got some stock now, check again
Old 24th March 2011, 14:43   #648
BHPian

Hello Friends,

the Jopasu i have is 1 month old and does not pick up dust more often now a days
I have read through the forum and i understand that the duster needs cleaning but i am confused if i should wash the jopasu duster or not and if yes can some let me know instructions as i do not want to spoil the coating on the threads.

Thanks & Regards
Old 24th March 2011, 20:03   #649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post
There is some shortage for sure, i too have a friend asking but its not there. I have one extra which i bought for my dad, but how can i send it to lucknow is the question as courier etc will charge min 100 bucks. I called Ultimate Detailerz, they have got some stock now, check again
Thanks a lot for the consideration Sunrise. Really appreciate that. Yes you are right, Nirmal messaged me today that the stocks have arrived. Will be getting my hands on the duster soon.
Old 25th March 2011, 10:10   #650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_u View Post
Hello Friends,

the Jopasu i have is 1 month old and does not pick up dust more often now a days
I have read through the forum and i understand that the duster needs cleaning but i am confused if i should wash the jopasu duster or not and if yes can some let me know instructions as i do not want to spoil the coating on the threads.

Thanks & Regards
The answer is in the last few pages. No one, except Garipagol, claims to have washed the duster without disturbing its dust picking ability so you may try washing it under cold water with a mild detergent (e.g. genteel) just like him.

Alternatively, you may just put it under running water and dry it (not in direct sunlight) without even using a detergent as it would also wash away a lot of dust in it. IMO any detergent (mild or strong) is bound to attack the dust + wax in the strands and thereby affecting its dust picking ability.
Old 25th March 2011, 10:13   #651
Senior - BHPian

I found Jopasu duster to be more suitable in using in mild dusty conditions like home interiors than on automobiles where there may be heavy dust particles. I use a Jopasu at my home and a Genuine California duster for my car. Both seems to work extremely well for the last 6 months or so.
Old 25th March 2011, 10:37   #652
BHPian

Guys, Jopasu Duster is available on Ebay I bought it from there only.

eBay India: Jopasu Car Duster (item 110665418628 end time 22-Apr-2011 15:32:45 IST)
Old 25th March 2011, 11:05   #653
BHPian

Picked the Jopasu duster from reliance auto zone!
used it for the first time today, and was quite impressed with it! thanks for the reviews guys!
hope the same performance lasts long though
Old 25th March 2011, 12:42   #654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
I found Jopasu duster to be more suitable in using in mild dusty conditions like home interiors than on automobiles where there may be heavy dust particles.
This shall apply to any duster. In Indian conditions its a big deal if such dusters last 5-6 months without a wash.
Old 25th March 2011, 16:09   #655
BHPian

This duster is catching the fancy of many folks at my office and also the Jewajee owner guy mentioned that it is selling nicely these days thanks to t-bhp reviews. The issue though is about its availability . Jopasu guys should make it available at most car accessory shops.
Old 27th March 2011, 20:42   #656
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
I found Jopasu duster to be more suitable in using in mild dusty conditions like home interiors than on automobiles where there may be heavy dust particles. I use a Jopasu at my home and a Genuine California duster for my car. Both seems to work extremely well for the last 6 months or so.
California Duster is much more competent, but then sourcing from US is tough as its a bulky item. I have found Jopasu to be decent in even our kind of dusty conditions. With the crunch for water in our cities, we can do our bit by saving putting water on the car daily thanks to a good option!
Old 14th April 2011, 15:57   #657
BHPian

Bought 3 long handle Jopasu Dusters @ adamjee chennai for Rs1400.
Earlier i had visited jewajee & tried to get a combo pack, but he had run out of stock.
On the way back home, stopped by @ Privilege Carz Spa (Nandanam, Chennai) to enquiry about Civic Gear knobs.
On seeing Jopasu dusters, he asked if i was from team bhp & if had bought it from jewajee.
He also mentioned that they could procure the same model for Rs325 apiece..
I do not know if he thought i was dumb or he was a smart alec...
Old 16th April 2011, 19:48   #658
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvprasad View Post
Bought 3 long handle Jopasu Dusters @ adamjee chennai for Rs1400.
Earlier i had visited jewajee & tried to get a combo pack, but he had run out of stock.
On the way back home, stopped by @ Privilege Carz Spa (Nandanam, Chennai) to enquiry about Civic Gear knobs.
On seeing Jopasu dusters, he asked if i was from team bhp & if had bought it from jewajee.
He also mentioned that they could procure the same model for Rs325 apiece..
I do not know if he thought i was dumb or he was a smart alec...
There seems to be a mess happening with this, some folks who are selling as distributors are giving lower prices, they can as they must be picking up 1000's. Shops cannot as they need to keep margins, this way shops will not stock it soon. I too was told in bangalore someone selling at 330 odd
Old 17th April 2011, 09:34   #659
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post
There seems to be a mess happening with this, some folks who are selling as distributors are giving lower prices, they can as they must be picking up 1000's. Shops cannot as they need to keep margins, this way shops will not stock it soon. I too was told in bangalore someone selling at 330 odd
do you know who it is? can you share the address or number?
Old 19th April 2011, 20:56   #660
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
do you know who it is? can you share the address or number?
No idea but it was supposed to be because of some bigger numbers, not sure. Could also be stock clearance. Better to deal with Ultimate Detailerz who are reliable and there for guidance and other stuff.

Most Viewed