Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2011, 19:58   #691
BHPian

Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statement View Post
Got the duster with the new white strands, yesterday, used it only once. Its good, removes dust without a trace. When I ordered for it, I did not expect it to be this good, wanted to try it for the sake of trying. Got it from ebay, delivery time was great too, 2 Days flat. The microfiber cloth for wet wipes are good too, soaks up a good amount of water. It does leave a very fine water stain if not wiped completely dry. Also was wondering how the white strands will look after a couple of months, considering that it should not be washed with water.

Have not used the old grey one, so cant help with the comparison.
Check with the people who are using it- i don't think the duster should be washed anytime before 4-5 months in fact. I have not washed it that often. I saw a white duster used for 2 months and it was dirty but still working fine
Old 20th September 2011, 12:10   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Any reviews on the new version of the Jopasu duster which has white strands (the old one had gray strands)?
hey S_U_N, have you bought this duster, which one you considering eBay or an accessory shop?
I had been to this car accessory shop Bafna on Ghole Road, they were quoting something around 450/- with white strands. I didn't buy it yet, was planning to get one when and from wherever will do the seat-covers. Didn't got the chance during the rainy seasons.
Old 22nd September 2011, 16:58   #693
Senior - BHPian

I checked out the old and the new dusters today at Reliance Mall @ Kharadi.
The new one with white strands seemed to be identical to the old one in all respects.
The price is Rs. 450 for the new one (did not bother to check the price of the old one).
Old 22nd September 2011, 18:03   #694
BHPian

Quote:
I checked out the old and the new dusters today at Reliance Mall @ Kharadi.
The new one with white strands seemed to be identical to the old one in all respects.
The price is Rs. 450 for the new one (did not bother to check the price of the old one).
The color of the strands does not matter . After about a month of cleaning, you cant tell the difference. Mine was white when bought and is now grey. It still clears the dust tough.
Not very sure why they thought of having it white, when you cant wash it and the primary objective is to clean the dust.
Old 23rd September 2011, 14:00   #695
Senior - BHPian

Well, someone in this thread mentioned that the new one (white strands) is much improved over the older one. Hence, I am stressing on the colour to differentiate between the two versions.
Also, the older version is still available for sale (and perhaps cheaper as well). Why would someone buy the new one if the old one is equivalent and cheaper too?
Old 7th October 2011, 19:33   #696
BHPian

bought the complete set for 1300 bucks off ebay. delivery in 2 days. excellent packaging.

1. The duster's working really well. Nice ergonomic handle. Like!

2. The magic wipe - using it at home for wiping smartphones/LCD/Laptop screens. Very, very good.

3. Mini Duster - using it at home to clean windows/dusty surfaces

4. Glove - using it to clean the car dash/steering etc. Can't notice what it's doing..the interior's quite clean anyway.
d_himan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2011, 20:34   #697
BANNED

Quote:
Well, someone in this thread mentioned that the new one (white strands) is much improved over the older one. Hence, I am stressing on the colour to differentiate between the two versions.
Also, the older version is still available for sale (and perhaps cheaper as well). Why would someone buy the new one if the old one is equivalent and cheaper too?

I think the white strands are just to indicate when to wash the Duster. If it turns grey and looks dirty then its time to wash ...

--Ragul
Old 17th October 2011, 15:35   #698
BHPian

I got the latest 'white strand' Jopasu duster from Reliance Mart Aundh for 380(duster only with cover). They also have combo packs with some wipes and liquids thrown in. The duster really works like a charm on dry dust. Highly recommended.
Old 18th October 2011, 15:59   #699
BANNED

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Using Team-BHP to promote vested and commercial interests is STRICTLY prohibited. Do refrain from marketing your goods / services on the board.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further, and to prevent your account from being permanently disabled.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 22nd October 2011 at 11:13.
Sandeep Sahni is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th October 2011, 19:55   #700
BANNED

I started using the Jopasu pink car shampoo and like the way my car glows after it. Has a lovely beading effect on windshield as well when it rains.

--Ragul

Last edited by Ragul : 18th October 2011 at 20:12.
Old 18th October 2011, 20:06   #701
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heman_369 View Post
I got the latest 'white strand' Jopasu duster from Reliance Mart Aundh for 380(duster only with cover). They also have combo packs with some wipes and liquids thrown in. The duster really works like a charm on dry dust. Highly recommended.
Just checked the store - close to 40% off the price as to what you get on ebay! Plus shampoos, wax, polish, alloys, mats, ICE - its almost a mini car accessories shop out here! Wish I had seen this before buying the jopasu kit!
Old 6th November 2011, 00:02   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemantbsutar View Post
Check with the people who are using it- i don't think the duster should be washed anytime before 4-5 months in fact. I have not washed it that often. I saw a white duster used for 2 months and it was dirty but still working fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitm View Post
I am planning to take the plunge ...rather plunge the Jopasu in a bucket of water. Based on the feedback on this thread so far i guess i will be sticking to plain tap water and will not be using any soap/shampoo. Will update the thread with results.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
Excellent tip.
I read it a bit late.
My duster was getting so dirty that i decided to take the plunge.
Washed it with directly under the tap without any detergent and dried it in the sun.
Voila!!!! It stopped working
It just like a broomstick.
Any tips on getting it back to shape?
Just wanted to share what I do in cleaning the Jopasu Duster -

Whenever I go for water pressure wash for my car, I ask the guy to clean the duster using the air pressure (what they use to clean the interior of the car), sort of dry wash for the duster, better than any water wash where chances are high that the duster stops working as expected. It has worked fine for me and still using the Jopasu duster for close to 1.5yr w/o any issue. Give it a try !

Last edited by AvonA7 : 6th November 2011 at 00:03.
AvonA7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2012, 20:58   #703
Senior - BHPian

I have ordered the combo pack from ebay. I will post feedback once I get it.
Old 16th January 2012, 08:44   #704

I travel nearly 100 kms(up/down) every day to my office, so washing and cleaning my car every day in the morning became very difficult. I ordered a power wash from Eureka forbes to clean my car swiftly, but it turned the other way round it took more time than washing my car with bucket of water... I burnt my finger paying 9000 rs with no use of it...

Then I was searching for a local person to clean my car everyday but I didnt get one....

Since I travel long distance everyday, I thought of replacing my santro with swift... but since the waiting period is long I booked i20 sportz for its nice look, bigger boot space, soft steering and clutch (which is good for city). Now again I was in confusion which color to choose... Me and my family liked the maharaja red but I was afraid of cleaning it everyday and maintaining it... but chose beige for easy maintenance... I my heart always went for maharaj red...

So on just going through the web I came across Jopasu duster and its positive feedback on tbhp, I ordered Jopasu Gift Pack on ebay which costed 1400. On second day of the order they dispatched the duster and on the 4th day, I got it through DTDC courier which was very neatly packed and sealed with Jopasu sticker tapes.

I was eagerly waiting to clean my old santro (dynasty red) with the new duster...I cleaned my car the next day... I was surprised with the way the duster cleans my car in 10 mins... absolutely no dust... On seeing it I cancelled the biege color and changed it to maharaja red.

I do recommend this duster to all who wants to clean the car everyday and wash the car once in a week...
Old 20th January 2012, 14:08   #705
Senior - BHPian

I bought a Jopasu duster last Saturday (a day before the Igatpuri meet), and have used it almost every day now. Am quite happy with the way it cleans dust off the glass and body.

Its original colour of white turned dark in the first operation itself, however the duster still does its job well.

The effort of dusting the car has now come down drastically. I can dust the whole car in the same time I used to take to clean the windshield with a cloth.

I paid a little more than 500/- for the duster.

Most Viewed