Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2012, 13:17   #706
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Along with the Jopasu duster (for dry cleaning the car) I had also bought a wet duster. This wet duster is basically like a hand glove without its fingers, or rather like a big pocket. You put it onto your hand and use it to wash the car.

The obvious advantage I could see in using this was to protect my fingers.

I had a chance to try it out yesterday morning. I was able to wash the bird droppings (hardened by the sun) and front grills of both cars without taking any damage to the fingers or nails.
I was able to finish washing of both cars and had water left over for the rims out of two buckets. The last time I washed both cars I had needed three buckets of water, and then again I hadn't been able to wash the rims. So on the whole the glove is saving me a bucket of water for both cars.
Old 3rd February 2012, 18:43   #707
Senior - BHPian

Amazing product.

I bought it from Reliance Autozone at HSR. Paid 450. No idea whether it is the new model or old. The MRP was 475 and the date on the label was Nov, 2011.

I had waxed the car at 3M earlier and didn't use the car for a day. So there was a layer of loose dust over the car. I used the duster and in 3mins flat the car was clean. And the best thing, my parking spot is clean as well. Dusted the Jopasu and kept it inside the pack as mentioned.

I think the fact that the car was waxed helped. Also, there was no grime or dirt on the body. All in all, a very nice product to keep the car clean in a city like Bangalore where the water is bad, the air is dry and very dusty.
Old 3rd February 2012, 18:54   #708
Senior - BHPian

Bought the combo pack at Relaince Autozone on South End road for 990INR. The duster is a perfect foil for the loose dirt on the car. Just a sweep of the duster makes the car clean. The MF towel which came alongwith is being used for the interior and the wet duster (Glove type) is for afterwash. Both are good at absorbing the fluids. One more towel which came alongwith is given to wifey for here household use and shee too is happy with the results.
Old 6th February 2012, 20:06   #709
BHPian

Any idea where i can get one in Mumbai? The suburbs mainly?
Old 7th February 2012, 12:05   #710
BHPian

I got a mini duster from Reliance a few days back. What I like is the glove format, helps keep your hand clean.

Clears the layer of dust swiftly and easily. All you need now is a good weekend wash and this duster for daily morning swipe.

Am thinking of eliminating the cleaner guy all together.!
Old 7th February 2012, 13:34   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Along with the Jopasu duster (for dry cleaning the car) I had also bought a wet duster. This wet duster is basically like a hand glove without its fingers, or rather like a big pocket. You put it onto your hand and use it to wash the car.

The obvious advantage I could see in using this was to protect my fingers.
Is the wet duster also Jopasu branded? Where did you buy it from & how much did it cost?
Old 7th February 2012, 13:39   #712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Is the wet duster also Jopasu branded? Where did you buy it from & how much did it cost?
Yes, the wet duster, too, is Jopasu branded. I bought both the dusters from a local Michelin tyre dealer (who has started stocking up such accessories to shore up revenues). The wet duster sells at Rs. 250/-, while the dry one at around Rs. 550/- or so.

There was also another mini-duster, similar in size to the wet one but to be used as a dry duster, for two wheelers. It too has to be slid onto a hand just as a glove, but it works like the dry duster.
Old 7th February 2012, 13:47   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
Any idea where i can get one in Mumbai? The suburbs mainly?
Y@sh I haven't seen any dealer stocking it yet in Mumbai. Had ordered mine through e-bay (here's the link http://stores.ebay.in/jopasucarcare/Gift-Packs.html )

Agree with all the duster works like a charm. I wax my car once in six months and follow up with once a month wet cleaning. Despite this the duster is able to remove all the loose dirt / dried bird droppings very easily.
Old 7th February 2012, 17:05   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Y@sh I haven't seen any dealer stocking it yet in Mumbai. Had ordered mine through e-bay (here's the link http://stores.ebay.in/jopasucarcare/Gift-Packs.html )

Agree with all the duster works like a charm. I wax my car once in six months and follow up with once a month wet cleaning. Despite this the duster is able to remove all the loose dirt / dried bird droppings very easily.
Thanks for the info. I wrote to Japsasu asking for delers in Mumbai, as I dont feel safe dealing via email. Heres what he said
Quote:
Dear Yash,
Thanks for your interest in our products, although we sell through the Ebay, we also have dealers network thru Mumbai.
I have forwarded your Phone number my sales exec stationed in Mumbai, he will contact you tomorrow also if you wish you can contact him on this no: +918806664541. His name is Hemant Pathak.
Also after using our products please leave your feedback on Team bhp blog as we all love to follow them and get the actual feedback from our customers.
If you have any further queries please feel free to call or email me.

Thanks & Regards,

Anand Panchabhai.
Director.
Contacted him and in Andheri they have a dealer, Galaxy Motor MOB:9819204465 ADD: Shop No-14,Gurmavali Tower, Opp Barfiwala College, Andheri Link Rd, Andheri West, Mumbai, India

Last edited by Y@SH : 7th February 2012 at 17:16.
Y@SH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 18:31   #715
BANNED

Where can i get this in delhi?
Old 14th February 2012, 19:49   #716
BHPian

Guys, Just buy it off EBAY. its 100% safe. I have bought 7 pieces in 2 weeks (6 for the colleagues after they were impressed with my jopasu )

With 10% discount you would get duster and the the micro fibre cloth for 720 Rs .
Below is the link for the same :

http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...:PPOPN:IN:1123
livyodream is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 19:54   #717
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream
Guys, Just buy it off EBAY. its 100% safe. I have bought 7 pieces in 2 weeks (6 for the colleagues after they were impressed with my jopasu )

With 10% discount you would get duster and the the micro fibre cloth for 720 Rs .
Below is the link for the same :

http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...:PPOPN:IN:1123
Thanks.

Yea, i just did it. But instead of this combo, i bought the duster plus mini duster combo. Btw is the duster washable and then reusable?
Any performance drop after this?
Old 14th February 2012, 20:18   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Thanks.

Yea, i just did it. But instead of this combo, i bought the duster plus mini duster combo. Btw is the duster washable and then reusable?
Cool. By the way have you used micro fibre cloth to wash the car ? Trust me it just redefines the sunday morning car wash thingy (I used to think the yellow cloth available in gas stations were called micro fibre cloths ) until i used this
Old 14th February 2012, 20:18   #719
Senior - BHPian

Actually the duster works the best when it is dirty. Dont attempt cleaning it unless you feel the dirt absorption capability has reduced. I have been using mine for the past 5 months and haven't washed it even once. If at all you want to wash it, you need to do so in mild detergent and dry it in shade. The instructions are given in the pack itself for your reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Thanks.

Last edited by bala80 : 14th February 2012 at 20:20.
bala80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 21:11   #720
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream

Cool. By the way have you used micro fibre cloth to wash the car ? Trust me it just redefines the sunday morning car wash thingy (I used to think the yellow cloth available in gas stations were called micro fibre cloths ) until i used this
I use an eagle one nanowash shampoo and apply it using a soft sponge and then wash it with a pipe, when the car is somewhat dry, i use an eagle one micro fiber cloth to wipe it dry. Micro fiber cloths are the best.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks