Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2012, 21:21   #721
dot
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Bought the Duster last weekend. Was very skeptical when I saw the device in person. Took a blind leap of faith plus faith in TBHP and brought it home. Must say, the experience has been pretty amazing, the way it brushes away dust.

The car was not cleaned for 4-5 days. In a matter of few minutes, the car was shining. While it obviously does not negate the need of shampoo and polish, it is a very good product for quick use. I feel that the design allows leverage which generates weight on the fibers to push against the surface.

Manufacturers, if you are reading this: Good job and Keep it up.

Last edited by dot : 14th February 2012 at 21:23.
dot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 21:46   #722
Distinguished - BHPian

3 months since I sent that order on E-bay, and it's been keeping the car clean. But at the same time, from a white color, the strands finally turned into a blackish grey. Decided to give it a wash, after going through the various "washing" posts on this thread, decided to take it easy.

Steps followed :
  • Get a bucket filled with mildly warm water.
  • Dip the duster and keep it for a minute or so. Remove it, shake the strands a bit.
  • Do the above steps for another 3-4 times.
  • Leave the duster for another 5 odd minutes in the water, and take it out and put it to dry in the shade under the fan.

It took the entire day for the duster to dry, but it works almost as good as before. However the strands did not lose the greyish color, but they are definitely cleaner than before (the wash).

Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-img_0830.jpg
Before the washing

Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-img_0831.jpg

Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-img_0833.jpg
After the washing. Don't go by the looks, the strands are cleaner
ninjatalli is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 22:31   #723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
With 10% discount you would get duster and the the micro fibre cloth for 720 Rs .
How can I get the 10% discount you mentioned?

I had only a quick glance at the E-bay page and have no experience in buying stuffs from E-bay. Hence the query
Old 14th February 2012, 22:47   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
How can I get the 10% discount you mentioned?

I had only a quick glance at the E-bay page and have no experience in buying stuffs from E-bay. Hence the query
Once you are a member, you would get weekly coupons on your registered email address through which you can avail these discounts.
livyodream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2012, 14:01   #725
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Even i did a similar "wash" with plain water. I left it in the bucket for 5 min and slowly swirled it 4-5 times. It took 2 days to dry in the shade as i didnt squeeze the water out. The strands are cleaner than before and it also works better than how it was just before the wash.

I was initially apprehensive reading some threads that it has altogether stopped working. But no complaints with the way its turned out now. It gives me more confidence to try washing with a mild detergent the next time.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2012, 14:38   #726
Senior - BHPian

Have been using this for quite some time now. Does the job in the best and quickest possible manner.

For some reason though, when used on glass, it leaves some kind of swirl marks. Dont know how to put it.. to a naked eye, it would seem normal, but the autoholics that we are, one tends to notice all the small marks!
Old 16th February 2012, 15:01   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post

Steps followed :
  • Get a bucket filled with mildly warm water.
  • Dip the duster and keep it for a minute or so. Remove it, shake the strands a bit.
  • Do the above steps for another 3-4 times.
  • Leave the duster for another 5 odd minutes in the water, and take it out and put it to dry in the shade under the fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Even i did a similar "wash" with plain water. I left it in the bucket for 5 min and slowly swirled it 4-5 times. It took 2 days to dry in the shade as i didnt squeeze the water out. The strands are cleaner than before and it also works better than how it was just before the wash.

I was initially apprehensive reading some threads that it has altogether stopped working. But no complaints with the way its turned out now. It gives me more confidence to try washing with a mild detergent the next time.
I was wondering if dipping the duster in warm water with some detergent like Surf or maybe Ezee (mild one mostly used for woolen clothes) might give better results.

Last edited by OHCVtec : 16th February 2012 at 15:04.
Old 18th February 2012, 11:51   #728
BHPian

Re: Jopasu Car Duster - Available at Kolkata

Friends,
At last I could manage to order a Jopasu car duster from their authorised representative at Kolkata. And in case anyone is interested to purchase it directly in Calcutta (without being online), he may please purchase it directly from the authorised distributor of the company and pay on delivery.

In case anyone is interested to purchase it, please send me a PM and I shall give you the contact number of the representative.
Old 18th February 2012, 14:16   #729
BANNED

I had placed the order on 14 feb on ebay and now its 18 and still no delivery. The order was shipped on feb 15 via professional couriers and their website shows no status till date.
Old 18th February 2012, 16:38   #730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I had placed the order on 14 feb on ebay and now its 18 and still no delivery. The order was shipped on feb 15 via professional couriers and their website shows no status till date.

I got my Jopasu duster the very next day after I placed the order on ebay. You could ask for money back if the order is not delivered to you within specific time limit as per ebay policy. So if you do not get it then ask them for a refund.
Old 18th February 2012, 16:58   #731
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs

I got my Jopasu duster the very next day after I placed the order on ebay. You could ask for money back if the order is not delivered to you within specific time limit as per ebay policy. So if you do not get it then ask them for a refund.
Yea, i think this is what is going to happen most probably as the courier company tracking also shows consignment number invalid.
Old 2nd March 2012, 21:15   #732
BHPian

I have been using Jopasu car duster since couple of weeks and I have to say that it's good. I am happy with it. I have to wait and watch how long the duster lasts.
Old 12th March 2012, 15:58   #733
Senior - BHPian

Bought Jopasu car duster last week after coming across many positive reviews about it. Picked it up from Reliance Autozone, Basavanagudi for Rs. 450/-. I must say, this is a wonderful product to have! The duster just absorbs whatever dust is there on the surface, almost as good as a flat headed vacuum cleaner! Did not observe any scratches or swirls! Kudos to the manufacturers! I have reccomended it to many of my friends
Will have to wait and see how long it retains the dust absorbing capacity.
Old 12th March 2012, 16:52   #734
Senior - BHPian

Been using it for a year now on my black car. Have washed it only once. It still does the job very well. I wash my car once a week.
Think about the buckets of water it has saved !
Old 16th March 2012, 12:42   #735
BHPian

Bought the duster through ebay. Placed the order on 13th and received it yesterday - 15th :-). Impressive.

And more impressive was the way it worked. My car was not washed for 2 days and had quite a fair amount of dust on it. Wiped clean in 4 mins flat. And the part I liked most was how well the dust lodged in wedges like the window beadings came off.

A good buy and happy with that.

Most Viewed