Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2012, 18:55   #766
BHPian

Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

@ all..Ordered one for myself and also thought of speaking to the head of Jopasu, mr.Anand Panchabhai. What a nice person to talk to, this is how customer service should be! And yes I agree when you all say the duster loses its dust retaining capacity after you wash it, its obvious since the strands are layered with paraffin, which is nothing but a type of wax. It surely is not a complete alternative as against washing a car but good for general everyday use.

The advice mr. Anand gave to me was after cleaning, just shake it to dust off and make sure you store it in the given bag. In case you lose it, just mail him. They will send you a replacement! Compared to other 'good' dusters, the cost is not much at all and is VFM( especially for those who are getting it at a discounted prices in most malls!).

Shall be posting my verdict on this soon .
Old 22nd April 2012, 00:10   #767
BHPian

It really works! I had been to Prestige Tranquility construction site today to see the model flats. After seeing the flats, as I was coming out of the lobby happily I was shocked to see my brand new Rapid completely covered with fine red sand/dust. I then realized that I had unknowingly parked the car near the tractor route and now going to pay for that. I had received Jopasu just couple of days ago and was still in the trunk since then. Thought I would give it a try. 10-15 mins of work on the car's body with Jopasu and my car was back to the state it was when I parked it over there. Well, not exactly.. there was some dust clogged in between the door beading and the space between the bonnet lid and windscreen where the viper blades and water sprayers are mounted and the gap at the top of the trunk etc. But, other than that the car was very much like how it was before. I was able to clean off that missing dust also by putting some extra care.
Old 22nd April 2012, 12:37   #768
BHPian

yep it just works! Just need to keep it in mind on what formula it works, rest is all cool then!
Old 21st May 2012, 09:13   #769
BHPian

Is there any other way to buy the Jopasu in Bangalore. I am trying the ebay since 2 days now, Just not able to make the payment. There seems to be some issue with ebay.

Please help.
Old 21st May 2012, 09:51   #770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Is there any other way to buy the Jopasu in Bangalore. I am trying the ebay since 2 days now, Just not able to make the payment. There seems to be some issue with ebay.

Please help.
Ebay should be working fine as I myself purchased one on Thursday last using VISA Credit card. Any network issues you faced while making your payment?
Old 21st May 2012, 10:01   #771
BHPian

i could see the range of products and stuff like these. just that the payment was not going through.
Old 21st May 2012, 17:15   #772
Senior - BHPian

Even i have placed an order for some Jopasu products including a duster a couple of days back, didn't face any problems. Sometimes there's a slight delay in the payment gateway processing though.
Old 22nd May 2012, 00:01   #773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
i could see the range of products and stuff like these. just that the payment was not going through.
Were you able to get through the payment process? You may also check for any network issue at your end.. may be try from a different computer in different network. I work for another internet giant (Yahoo) and from my experience here I believe that Ebay would have fixed any such issue within minutes if there was really some. I remember seeing posts from some members who has bought Jopasu for a cheaper rate at Reliance Auto. So, you may give a try there too.
Old 22nd May 2012, 04:45   #774
BHPian

Been using the Jopasu duster for about a month now. And I must say that it works brilliantly! Really amazing product! Mops up all the dirt so efficiently.

I have cleaned it only once using my vacuum cleaner. Would like to know if it can be washed. If it can, then should I use some special detergent? Like Ezee? Or will normal detergent like Ariel/Surf Excel do? Any recommendations?
Old 22nd May 2012, 11:39   #775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Been using the Jopasu duster for about a month now. And I must say that it works brilliantly! Really amazing product! Mops up all the dirt so efficiently.

I have cleaned it only once using my vacuum cleaner. Would like to know if it can be washed. If it can, then should I use some special detergent? Like Ezee? Or will normal detergent like Ariel/Surf Excel do? Any recommendations?
Wisdom from this thread and personal experience is that it loses its effectiveness post washing even with a mild detergent. Best is to vaccum (blower mode) it regularly and once it becomes ineffective, you can wash the old one with cold running water, dry it in shade. If it is still ineffective, replace with a new one and use the old one for household cleaning.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2012, 12:01   #776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Would like to know if it can be washed. If it can, then should I use some special detergent? Like Ezee? Or will normal detergent like Ariel/Surf Excel do? Any recommendations?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
Wisdom from this thread and personal experience is that it loses its effectiveness post washing even with a mild detergent.
I've washed mine a few times, and it hasn't lost it's effectiveness. The thing to keep in mind is not to squeeze the threads with your hands to remove the water. This is because there's a thin layer of wax like substance coated on the threads, and the squeezing can damage it, thus reducing the effectiveness. Just soak the duster in a mixture of water + mild detergent for a few hours and then air dry it after most of the soaked water has dripped off.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2012, 19:34   #777
BHPian

Is it recommended to use the duster after a proper wax work so that the effectiveness of polish remains longer.
Old 23rd May 2012, 22:14   #778
BHPian

I bought my second duster from this website and it looks, feels and works just like Jopasu : I think it is supplied by Jopasu themselves but is re-branded as Autofresh.

Buy-Autofresh Car Duster With Handle & Get Armor All Original Protectant Worth Rs175/- 'Absolutely FREE' - Autofresh

The advantage is you also get a Armorall Protecant free.

Note: am in no way associated with the website! But have had a good experience with them in 4 previous purchases.
Old 26th May 2012, 21:13   #779
BHPian

Got one from Jeewajee (@Anna Nagar, Chennai) this evening. The shop-owner was quick to ask, if you came to know about this from Team-BHP. Mentioned that he's starting and ending his sales for the day with a Jopasu duster and that he had a record sales of 22 dusters today.
Old 28th May 2012, 19:17   #780

Couldn't find this online. Where can I get one in Delhi?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks