Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2013, 23:00   #811
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post

i recommend not washing it at all. my duster stopped picking up dust in just 4months of usage.

washed with cold water, dried in shade as recommended, but none of it helped.

i feel 4 months is too less for life of the duster. However ordering one more set today to see how long it lasts.
+1.

Mine was really really dirty, but working fine, when my wife decided enough is enough and cleaned it as instructed on the cover.

It has completely lost its ability to pick up dust after the wash. Need to order another one soon.
Old 3rd March 2013, 23:46   #812
BHPian

I have two dusters, and noticed recently that the one stored inside the car(boot) is not picking up dust as efficiently as the one stored inside the house.

My hunch is that, the duster's wax treated strands gets affected if the car is frequently parked under hot sun. Not sure of this, though.

So those who store the duster in the car boot might want to take note.
Old 31st March 2013, 01:10   #813
BHPian

Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Quote:
Got my fresh set of jopasu from reliance mart in Mumbai. They sell it at 350 bucks compared to the list price of 575 or 499 which is available at eBay or snapdeal.

Definitely worth visiting to save a few bucks
Where is this store located? The store locator link in their website is not working. I am based in Powai
Old 31st March 2013, 22:16   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
Where is this store located? The store locator link in their website is not working. I am based in Powai
this is within reliance mart in phoenix market city kurla. its quiet close from powai.

mumbai doesnt have a reliance autozone yet.
funkyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2013, 00:59   #815
BHPian

Quote:
this is within reliance mart in phoenix market city kurla. its quiet close from powai.

mumbai doesnt have a reliance autozone yet.

I bought the same from Reliance Mart yesterday @ 575 even though it was listed as RS 475 on the display rack.But the guys thre had no idea what they were doing.poorly managed store.most things i was interested in (automotive products) were mislabelled. Pathetic experience at one of its largest stores in punjab!!
Old 1st April 2013, 09:37   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post

I bought the same from Reliance Mart yesterday @ 575 even though it was listed as RS 475 on the display rack.But the guys thre had no idea what they were doing.poorly managed store.most things i was interested in (automotive products) were mislabelled. Pathetic experience at one of its largest stores in punjab!!
I ordered it from snapdeal for 499 yesterday. Never a big fan of reliance anyway.
Old 23rd April 2013, 21:05   #817
BHPian

i am really disappointed with the Jopasu Duster now. after the first piece conked off in 3 months, i got a fresh one assuming it was the wash which destroyed the older one.

However, this one is even worse. it stopped being effective in just 15 days!! it does still pick up dust but leaves a very rough feel to the paint.

its almost like its leaving behind some residue. After a wipe with the duster, i hate the feel every time i touch the paint. only a Quick detail with ONR makes it normal.

Never getting jopasu again and will not recommend it to others.

what are my options?
Old 24th April 2013, 00:52   #818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i am really disappointed with the Jopasu Duster now. after the first piece conked off in 3 months, i got a fresh one assuming it was the wash which destroyed the older one.

However, this one is even worse. it stopped being effective in just 15 days!! it does still pick up dust but leaves a very rough feel to the paint.

its almost like its leaving behind some residue. After a wipe with the duster, i hate the feel every time i touch the paint. only a Quick detail with ONR makes it normal.

Never getting jopasu again and will not recommend it to others.

what are my options?
That's strange, I am using one from last 2 months. I use it almost daily, it's dirty like hell, But still it picks up dust like the day one and yes, no rough finish on paint as such.
Old 24th April 2013, 10:18   #819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
what are my options?
For starters, please convey your grievance to them via email or phone, with a URL/mention of your post in this thread. You never know, they might send you a free replacement.

http://www.jopasu.com/index.php/contact

EDIT: They have a FB page too: https://www.facebook.com/JopasuCarCare?fref=ts

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 24th April 2013 at 10:28.
Old 24th April 2013, 13:06   #820
Senior - BHPian

@funkyp, could it be an imitation product and not the real one? You stated that you got it for 350 instead of the usual 550+...

Maybe ...
Old 26th April 2013, 11:47   #821
BHPian

I ordered one from Snapdeal last Sun. Got a call this morning from the courier guy, expecting to receive it later today.
Old 29th April 2013, 12:23   #822
BHPian

Got the product delivered in a neatly packed box. Full marks to Snapdeal for the delivery.

As for the duster: Used it 3 times so far. Very impressed with the job it does. With construction work going on in the adjacent space where another apartment building is coming up, you can imagine the amount of dust my car accumulates, even while sitting in the basement parking. The Jopasu duster is able to neatly absorb all the dust and gives the car washed-just-now look. This is beneficial from another important aspect as well - I'll also be able to save already-scarce water in this scorching Bangalore summer. With the results I've observed in this short time period, I think I can go atleast 2 weeks without a wash, with the duster doing the job. I'm following the instructions mentioned on the cover. Use the duster and re-pack it neatly in the cover it came with.

Dusted the car again this morning before riding to office, it takes hardly 2-3 mintues to dust off the entire body, including the windshields. I'm one happy camper!
Old 1st May 2013, 01:40   #823
Senior - BHPian

Earlier, i used to wash the car once a week with shampoo and all. But since the duster came, It's already been over a month without a wash, Everytime in need to take the car out, 5 mins and the car is good to go.

Really, duster has made my life very easy, even if this one lasts 6 months, I'll buy another one.
Old 1st May 2013, 10:48   #824
BHPian

Does this looks genuine?
http://www.ebay.in/itm/111043794646
Old 1st May 2013, 11:25   #825
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh159 View Post
Does this looks genuine?
http://www.ebay.in/itm/111043794646
Looks genuine to me.

I have been using Jopasu for the past 10 months and i am extremely pleased with the product.

Most Viewed