Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2016, 11:50   #1081
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I treated the Jopasu duster with me with the Rejuvenator, is not much confidence inspiring. Nowhere close to the original duster but does remove the dirt to a certain extent. Thanks to KK Hakunamata for the document detailing the procedure. Followed the process to a T, but found thick blobs of wax sprayed whenever used. I guess the issue is with the nozzle which does not spray a distributed wax but shots of wax on the thread. I then had to spread it evenly with fingers. I treated the duster yesterday and used it today, performance is 50%. I don't think this will last for more than 3 months IMHO. Its wait and watch as of now.
Refer posts 1067 and 1068 of this thread. It may help you. Guess it is to do with the position of the sprayer.
KK_HakunaMatata is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 11:53   #1082
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Refer posts 1067 and 1068 of this thread. It may help you. Guess it is to do with the position of the sprayer.
Thanks for the tip. I could find only two positions on the nozzle - Off and spray. Will check out if there is third position on the nozzle.
Old 4th April 2016, 13:06   #1083
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I could find only two positions on the nozzle - Off and spray. Will check out if there is third position on the nozzle.
Look carefully: one side says "spray" and the other side says "stream!"

Many sprays are like this, often with dot patterns to indicate, rather than words.

I did not think the performance was great. Now I wonder if I shook the bottle enough! I gave it a good shake just now, and tried again, and could actually see some wax coming this time. I think I was just wasting solvent before
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 09:44   #1084
BHPian

Can anyone tell me where and how I can get hold of the rejuvenator? I looked at ebay.in but they don't seem to list the product. Is it worth getting the rejuvenator or buying a new duster? I have 2 very very dusty ones (almost black!) that are not really taking the dust off effectively and I'm planning on washing them in the coming weekend. The rejuvenator could help in restoring them after the wash, hence the query!
Old 6th April 2016, 09:49   #1085
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsathyap View Post
Can anyone tell me where and how I can get hold of the rejuvenator? I looked at ebay.in but they don't seem to list the product.
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/jopa...%20Rejuvenator

Do check for authenticity as I am yet to use it. There is still some life left in my duster.
Old 10th April 2016, 12:40   #1086
BHPian

After about two weeks into buying, I got time to use Duster Rejuvenator this week. Know that it is a time consuming process and below is what I did:

- Cleaned the Duster with detergent in the bucket - I had to wash it 5 to 6 times to bring it to a 95% clean condition using the detergent. I wonder, how the duster could held so much dust.
- Drying took more than half a day
- I set the sprayer to SPRAY mode and after shaking well I felt I was able to spray the wax properly on the Duster
- Did a 3 times spray as directed by Jopasu and dried it well

Today I used the duster and felt it was working good and was picking up dust quite well. Well I would say it is working at 90% of the original duster. Still a good thing, than buying a whole new duster. Rejuvenator is worth IMO.

Regards,
KK
KK_HakunaMatata is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 08:06   #1087
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
- I set the sprayer to SPRAY mode and after shaking well I felt I was able to spray the wax properly on the Duster
You did not get blobs of wax coming out of the nozzle?? In my case it did. But I was told by experts here that the nozzle has a third position called stream where you get the wax in spray format. Did you try this position or the Spray option only.
Old 11th April 2016, 08:36   #1088
BHPian

Quote:
You did not get blobs of wax coming out of the nozzle?? In my case it did. But I was told by experts here that the nozzle has a third position called stream where you get the wax in spray format. Did you try this position or the Spray option only.
I did try Stream mode once. Stream mode will not spread the wax and only sprays wax on one place with thick blobs, which would not be useful for this purpose.

In Spray mode, though the wax coming out is not very watery, it spreads across and not concentrate in one place. To answer your question, wax spray was not very watery but it spread even, however in a very few clicks out of 150 odd times, there were thick blobs of wax which I spread with hand. I did shake a bottle too many times and kept shaking in between the sprays.

Also as I understand the rejuvenator wax is supposed to be a bit thick and not watery, since the wax has to be sprayed on the duster and when it is kept for drying the solvent content in the wax will get dried and wax will stick to cotton strands. This has been mentioned in the word document.
Old 23rd May 2016, 14:16   #1089
BHPian

Got the duster rejuvenator today. It was packed properly and the bottle was completely sealed. When I opened the bottle, the wax was filled to the brim. Not sure how will it spray properly as it seems very not so liquidish! Anyway will try this in the coming few days. Thumbs up to jopasu for the packaging though.
Attached Thumbnails
Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-1463992982046.jpg  

Old 23rd May 2016, 14:43   #1090
Senior - BHPian

You could soak the bottle in hot water for some time before spraying to melt the wax a bit and make it more liquid. That should get you a nice even coat as well.
Old 23rd May 2016, 16:25   #1091
Distinguished - BHPian

Shake it well!

My first spraying sessions seemed very liquid, and I suspect I was spraying mostly solvent.

Shake the bottle all ways round (up/down/sideways) holding a different way up. Shake it a lot.

Mortis' idea to warm it might help, but, in my city, not necessary! If you do this, then please shake it well again when it has cooled.

I don't think anybody could put it better than the Beatles!
Well, shake it up, baby, now (Shake it up, baby)
Twist and shout (Twist and shout)
C'mon c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, baby, now (Come on baby)
Come on and work it on out (Work it on out)

Well, shake it, shake it, shake it, baby, now (Shake it up baby)
Repeat last line as often as you can

~
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 17:45   #1092
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm keeping one duster in the back of the car now. I often park under trees in what seems to be a very dusty area, and this will be far better than flapping at the dust, leaves, petals etc with an MF cloth.

(I also keep a small water spray, as some of the crows in that area seem to have serious digestion problems )
Old 10th June 2016, 09:53   #1093
BHPian

Price seems to have gone up quite high. Picked one for 700 bucks on paytm were it was cheapest.
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 11:29   #1094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Price seems to have gone up quite high. Picked one for 700 bucks on paytm were it was cheapest.
I know a stockist in Isro Layout Bangalore and I just spoke to him after seeing your comment and he can sell at Rs. 480 per duster.

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 10th June 2016 at 11:43.
KK_HakunaMatata is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 15:22   #1095

480 Bucks !! Wow thats cheap. I bought this magical duster 2 days back from Car Cupid Pune for 700. Searched most online portals and 680-720 Rs is the rate mentioned everywhere so decided to buy it. Happy with its performance till now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks