Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2016, 18:59   #1111
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

I had wondered about waxy accumulation on my windscreen. I use the Jopasu with such a light hand it didn't occur to me that that might be the source. I am still not sure, as it does not appear to do the smae to the paintwork --- but thanks for the suggestion.

I splashed out (or sprayed out) on some ridiculously expensive glass cleaner (Gtechniq G6) but it is ridiculously effective. Just cuts through grease and leaves a shine with a wipe.

Over the years, I've spent much more on glass-cleaning than any other car care --- but I have used it more too. Even if the general state of the car is disgusting, I insist on all-round clear glass.
Old 27th December 2016, 20:09   #1112
Senior - BHPian

A quick question to Jopasu Users.

Does this Duster work on surface where Wax has been applied ?

If it works on waxed surfaces, on which kind of waxed surface does this work ? (Paste Wax, Liquid Wax, Black Wax, Carnauba Wax, Hard Wax)

Does it clean the surface from light dust without leaving marks ?

I tried this on my friend's Amaze (Urban Titanium) & the Duster left the marks over the dusty surface. It didn't clean the surface fully. (Like what was shown on some YouTube videos).

Please Help

Thanks
Old 28th December 2016, 14:22   #1113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
A quick question to Jopasu Users. ...
Yes, it will work on any kind of finish.

The wax on your car is hard and non-tacky. The wax on the duster is soft and tacky. If you rubbed the duster against the car, it might leave some deposit, but this is not how it is used. It is used with the lightest of touches. Just draw the tufts across the surface; do no allow even the weight of the duster itself to sit on the car. It will not cause any problems.

It is intended to remove light, dry, non-greasy dust only. Anything that it does not remove needs a wash (or cloth and detailer spray) to remove.

Have the right expectations of the Jopasu duster, and it will fulfil them well. It deals easily with the light dust covering that settles on many of our cars daily: it is not intended to do more. It is no substitute for a wash or limited-area detail; it will not add shine to your car.

It just removes dust --- without the potential surface damage that happens when a cloth is used to do this.

I've been a happy user for quite a few years.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 13:55   #1114
BHPian

I think with time, as they have gone overly popular, the quality itself has dropped. Over my last 2 purchases, and with the same car/routes driven/parking location, the cleaning capacity has greatly reduced.

It loses efficiency much faster, and with introduction of rejuvenators and all, I think it is a business move.

I was a happy Jopasu user, bought 7/8 so far. Starting from when price was 300ish (2012) to now, 750ish. The last 2, were, poor.

While the 300ish product scored 11/10 (efficiency + useful period), with the same yardstick, the 750ish product is at best a 5/10. And so much for inflation !
lapis_lazuli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 14:58   #1115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
I think with time, as they have gone overly popular, the quality itself has dropped. Over my last 2 purchases, and with the same car/routes driven/parking location, the cleaning capacity has greatly reduced.

It loses efficiency much faster, and with introduction of rejuvenators and all, I think it is a business move.
I certainly agree with your observations. I have very similar observations too, from the 600 Rs. first one to the 749 Rs. latest one, the efficiency has vastly reduced. And I had changed to a new locality, and I attributed this issue to be partly because of that.

And yes, definitely looks like a business move to make us buy their rejuvenator and dusters more frequently now. This is what happens when you don't have strong competition and when success gets to your head, fueling greed
aravind.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 14:27   #1116
BHPian

I have purchase a new Jopasu duster and upon using it for the first time, I observed plenty of fine lint like residue on the car's surface after.
I wanted to know if this is normal or have I received a duplicate product. I had ordered it through Amazon and the seller was Olympia Industries.
revvenant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 17:01   #1117

I got my second duster few days back along with the rejuvenating liquid. I decided to clean and rejuvenate my 1st duster. I noticed that the duster cannot be cleaned completely even after following all instructions. Further, the rejuvenation process wasn't upto mark either even when I used more number of liquid sprays than recommended. I do second the opinion of this being more of a marketing gimmick.
Old 16th January 2017, 17:48   #1118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvenant View Post
I have purchase a new Jopasu duster and upon using it for the first time, I observed plenty of fine lint like residue on the car's surface after.
I wanted to know if this is normal or have I received a duplicate product. I had ordered it through Amazon and the seller was Olympia Industries.
The duster lints a bit when new, it's not duplicate.
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 18:01   #1119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
The duster lints a bit when new, it's not duplicate.
Any suggestions on how to get rid of the linting quickly

Right now it takes me 10 mins to wipe the dust off the car and another 10 mins to remove the lint with a Micro Fibre cloth.
Old 16th January 2017, 19:52   #1120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvenant View Post
Any suggestions on how to get rid of the linting quickly

Right now it takes me 10 mins to wipe the dust off the car and another 10 mins to remove the lint with a Micro Fibre cloth.
Should take care of itself after it's used a few times.

Haven't experienced anything to the extent that you've described. Is the car completely dry in the morning when you clean it with the duster? I mean, any morning dew residue or moisture..
Old 16th January 2017, 20:45   #1121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
Should take care of itself after it's used a few times.

Haven't experienced anything to the extent that you've described. Is the car completely dry in the morning when you clean it with the duster? I mean, any morning dew residue or moisture..
Morning dew was a concern for me too, so I have only ever used it in the afternoons.
I have used it twice till now and faced the issue both times.
Like you mentioned, probably a couple of more applications will cause it to go away.
Will update. Many thanks.
Old 16th January 2017, 21:48   #1122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post

I was a happy Jopasu user, bought 7/8 so far. Starting from when price was 300ish (2012) to now, 750ish. The last 2, were, poor.

While the 300ish product scored 11/10 (efficiency + useful period), with the same yardstick, the 750ish product is at best a 5/10. And so much for inflation !

Did you happen to notice the weight of the Duster? The old ones are much Heavier and have so many more cleaning strands, while the newer one seems to have only half the number of cleaning strands!
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 08:56   #1123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Did you happen to notice the weight of the Duster? The old ones are much Heavier and have so many more cleaning strands, while the newer one seems to have only half the number of cleaning strands!
Oh yes of course. The earlier ones were plush, the strands maintained their integrity. They remained intertwined for a long long time, unlike the latest ones where the threads start coming apart giving it a messy "hairdo".

I don't know why the company had to do this. This was the forum which made it famous, and it is the same forum, which now has to point out the clear degradation in quality!

I had spoken to the proprietor once in 2013, for a replacement issue, and he is quite aware of this place.
lapis_lazuli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 13:18   #1124
BHPian

I am using my old duster still (rejuvenated three times) and have not seen the new dusters.

I have shared the discussion of the thread with a company person I know of and will update if I hear anything on this.

Disclaimer: I am not associated with the Company in any way and just a customer using the duster.

KK
Old 17th January 2017, 19:09   #1125
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the above posts, I think I should wait for some more time before I get my second duster. The existing one works fine but is already in the second use of the rejuvenator. The duster can be kept alive for one more time and another month or so. Some good news/feedback about the duster is awaited meanwhile.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks