Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2017, 04:48   #1141
BHPian

Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Took me 3 days to clean the 8 month old blackened duster. Soaked for 2 nights in soapy water ( replaced each night ) and then scrubbed and cleaned in warm water.

Yes, takes effort, but could restore 85% of new duster's capacity.
No offence but doesn't seem worth the time and effort involved.

The way I look at it - even if the duster lasts a minimum of four months, that's 150 bucks a month, a lot less than what I was paying the cleaner to add swirls to my previous car.

I'd also be afraid to get too much wax on, we all know about the duster's tendency to lint when new.
Old 27th February 2017, 14:53   #1142
Distinguished - BHPian

I bought the rejuvenator and have used it once.

Have to admit, now: best to just buy a new Jopasu, especially as they can actually last several years!

Or... maybe check out some of new microfibre competition?
Old 10th March 2017, 05:06   #1143
BHPian

After hand washing my dusters twice, I realized its WAY too much effort that's not worth it. The third time I threw it in the washing machine and set it to "heavy load" and chose the hot water option set to 90 degrees. Also put in 2 scoops of Surf. After 2 hours the duster came out white! I couldn't achieve such a good result even after 2 hours of manual washing.
bowser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 09:12   #1144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post
After hand washing my dusters twice, I realized its WAY too much effort that's not worth it. The third time I threw it in the washing machine and set it to "heavy load" and chose the hot water option set to 90 degrees. Also put in 2 scoops of Surf. After 2 hours the duster came out white! I couldn't achieve such a good result even after 2 hours of manual washing.
Jopasu duster picks up dust through the wax coating on its strands and there is high chance that usage of hot water/tough detergent has caused damages to it. Your hard wash might have made it look clean, but this also could have taken away its cleaning properties.

I am currently using the third set of Jopasu for cleaning my car after started using it 5 years ago and never bothered to wash or rejuvenate it and found buying new one is the easier way when its performance degrades
Old 10th March 2017, 14:21   #1145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post
I'm assuming that you removed the duster from the handle? How easy was it to do that and to refit it? Did the duster change shape/size at all after washing/drying?

The purpose of a 90-degree ("boil") wash is to ensure the death of all living things that might be found in, for instance, soiled nappies. Think of it as a sterilisation option. I would not use it for anything else. On the other hand, I have no idea of the melting point of Jopasu wax!

Speaking of which, I would worry about this wax solidifying inside the machine.
Old 10th March 2017, 19:37   #1146
Senior - BHPian

I've bought a new duster and also a rejuvenator from Amazon recently. When I checked the new duster, it was around 30% lighter than the old one. I haven't used it yet, but used the rejuvenator on the old one. After washing it with mild detergent, and drying it in shade for more than a day, I sprayed the rejuvenator using the process detailed in another thread on this forum.

I repeated the process again after a gap of 8 hours, and let the duster dry overnight.
When i used it the next day, I did find a marked improvement, but it was no way as good as when it was new. Something like moving up from 30% efficiency to 70%, but not more. So I don't think the rejuvenator is a waste, though our expectations should be lowered about it.

Pictures of the old and new duster:

Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-img_20170227_114243.jpg

Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-img_20170228_141019.jpg
vnabhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2017, 21:39   #1147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz View Post
Jopasu duster picks up dust through the wax coating on its strands and there is high chance that usage of hot water/tough detergent has caused damages to it. Your hard wash might have made it look clean, but this also could have taken away its cleaning properties.
I washed it as a precursor to rejuvenation. After rejuvenating it's working fine. And this is the 3rd rejuvenation this duster has gone through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I'm assuming that you removed the duster from the handle? How easy was it to do that and to refit it? Did the duster change shape/size at all after washing/drying?

The purpose of a 90-degree ("boil") wash is to ensure the death of all living things that might be found in, for instance, soiled nappies. Think of it as a sterilisation option. I would not use it for anything else. On the other hand, I have no idea of the melting point of Jopasu wax!

Speaking of which, I would worry about this wax solidifying inside the machine.
Removing the duster from the handle was easy. Putting it back on took a couple minutes of wrestling

I did not consider that the wax would come off and get stuck inside the machine. Hopefully it's just a small amount and got drained out along with the water!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I've bought a new duster and also a rejuvenator from Amazon recently. When I checked the new duster, it was around 30% lighter than the old one. I haven't used it yet, but used the rejuvenator on the old one. After washing it with mild detergent, and drying it in shade for more than a day, I sprayed the rejuvenator using the process detailed in another thread on this forum.

I repeated the process again after a gap of 8 hours, and let the duster dry overnight.
When i used it the next day, I did find a marked improvement, but it was no way as good as when it was new. Something like moving up from 30% efficiency to 70%, but not more. So I don't think the rejuvenator is a waste, though our expectations should be lowered about it.
I find that the duster works better as you keep using it after rejuvenation. However, I don't know if that's just my imagination!

Last edited by bowser : 11th March 2017 at 21:40.
bowser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 14:21   #1148
BHPian

Hi All,

I have been using the Jopasu duster for a little over 2 months now (purchased in Jan 2017).
Here are my observations:

a) It is meant to clean very very light dust, period. Like the kind of dust a properly washed car would accumulate parked in the basement over 1 day. It excels in that.
b) It worked best (for me) in conjunction with 1 shampoo wash per week + 1 waterless wash per week (obviously on different days spaced judiciously apart).
c) It leaves light wax spots on the car's surface if you look closely enough, which is very difficult to clean even with waterless wash. This defeats the ultimate purpose of the duster which is to make the car look clean.
d) After only 1.5 months of (nearly daily) usage there is only about 40% of the initial dust trapping capability left in this duster. All it does now is just push most of the dust around leading to usage with a heavy hand (ultimately leading to all kinds of micro-marring of the paint finish, I suppose)

Overall I must say I purchased this with great hopes but now I have been completely convinced that either the product QA has gone down the drain or the product was way over-hyped.
revvenant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 15:14   #1149
Senior - BHPian

Let me add my experience also. I recently bought my 3rd Duster. The second duster had completed its life even after the rejuvenator application which extended the life to a max 5 months (after 3 times spraying). The new Duster feels super light. I assume its isnt heavy as yet with minimum dust picks. Something doesn't feel good about the recent duster, the threads seem much lighter. There are small strands of the threads actually sticking to the metal. So I have to use a MF cloth to wipe of the complete area increasing my time (to office).

I had spoken to an Jopasu executive a forthnight back as I was planning to visit their Pune plant and had expressed the view of BHPians regarding the price part and quality of the most used Jopasu item i.e Duster. The Executive confirmed that there has been no drop in the quality which was shown to some Pune BHPians who had visited the plant ac couple of months back.

All in all, it is time to find a suitable alternative to the Jopasu.

Last edited by ghodlur : 22nd March 2017 at 15:15.
ghodlur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 15:44   #1150

Mod note: Post edited. Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy paste from external font editors. Thanks.

There must be something seriously wrong with Jopasu QA team. I have applied the Rejuvenator to my 1 year old Duster as prescribed by the company only to find out that Rejuvenated Duster is nowhere near to the new one(Not even 50% effectiveness of that of new Duster).

Requesting all not to invest in Rejuvenator.

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd March 2017 at 16:00.
peterasn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 16:50   #1151
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't think that a one-year-old duster should be needing rejuvenation, unless you gave it really heavy use in a very dusty environment.
Old 2nd April 2017, 20:21   #1152
BHPian

After having used Jopasu dusters for the last 4 years across various cars I have noticed a complete fall in quality especially the recent one got by me from Amazon. So started looking for an alternative and found a great one online from Roger Motors Rajkot. Using it for the past couple of days and the results are amazing. The duster is much broader and the strands much thicker. The dust removing capabilities are definitely much better than the Jopasu visible especially when I use it on my carnelian red amaze which is a dust magnet. A much better alternative to the tiring Jopasu
Attached Thumbnails
Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-img_20170402_134402.jpg  

Last edited by vipinendran : 2nd April 2017 at 20:23.
vipinendran is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 09:33   #1153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I bought the rejuvenator and have used it once.

Have to admit, now: best to just buy a new Jopasu, especially as they can actually last several years!

Or... maybe check out some of new microfibre competition?
Roger duster is much superior to Jopasu.(I have both)
Wider and overall bigger footprint.

Gets the work done faster and also comes with a nice convenient slip in case (no zippers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

Noticed the same Venu,quality of Jopasu has gone down.

Time to use alternate better brands like Roger which works much better.

I am using it since 3 months and yet to rejuvinate the Roger duster though

Last edited by ecosport rules : 11th April 2017 at 09:34.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 09:38   #1154
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the information. What's the price of the Roger Duster?
Old 11th April 2017, 10:14   #1155
BHPian

Re: Roger Car Duster - A mini review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Roger duster is much superior to Jopasu.(I have both) Wider and overall bigger footprint.
Where did you get this from? Could you please post some URLs.

Couldn't find it on amazon. So.
JMaruru is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks