Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 11th August 2018, 10:57   #1216
BHPian

Default Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
This is very important advice. I made the mistake of using my Jopasu on the windshield and it badly affected visibility at night. Apparently, Jopasu leaves behind a thin waxy deposit which interferes with night visibility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
From my experience of using Jopasu Duster for 5 years; its mainly due to, when water/dew on windshield/metal comes in contact with paraffin wax coated strands.

Best way is to avoid using Jopasu Duster on wet/moist surface.
I might be wrong but I, personally, have observed that a perfectly dry but dusty windshield gets all streaky and nearly impossible to drive at night if using a Jopasu to dust. I think Debuda's hypothesis is correct, hence the same conclusion can be extended to any duster with wax coated strands.
revvenant is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2018, 15:23   #1217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
This is very important advice. I made the mistake of using my Jopasu on the windshield and it badly affected visibility at night. Apparently, Jopasu leaves behind a thin waxy deposit which interferes with night visibility.
Say you did use it on your windshield multiple times.
Wont a good wash of the windshield with some cleaner solution take out all the residue paraffin wax ?
Fillmore is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2018, 19:10   #1218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Wont a good wash of the windshield with some cleaner solution take out all the residue paraffin wax ?
It may, but let me share a personal anecdote. Some time back while I was away on an official tour , a friend of mine borrowed my discarded Jopasu duster and had used it indiscriminately on all his glass surfaces. Since he had no night driving at that time, he never quite understood the effects. He used to follow the practice of washing the car once every 10-15 days. He later told me that once when he had to take his car out at night on a highway he observed many micro swirls and deposits on the windshield and the glare from approaching vehicles was blinding. He tried to clean it with some glass cleaner and a cloth, but the swirls never quite went away.

I don't know whether the impact on the windshield was entirely due to the duster or his weekly cleaning was contributing to it as well (he used Colin and a run of the mill cotton cloth for wiping the glass), but I nevertheless take it seriously to remind everyone to not make the same mistake.
revvenant is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2018, 22:02   #1219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by revvenant View Post
I don't know whether the impact on the windshield was entirely due to the duster or his weekly cleaning was contributing to it as well (he used Colin and a run of the mill cotton cloth for wiping the glass), but I nevertheless take it seriously to remind everyone to not make the same mistake.
Let me share all aspects of my experience regarding visibility problems consequent to use of Jopasu duster on car windshield :
  1. I drive more during daytime and less frequently during night. I did not face any visibility issues during daytime. By the time I encountered serious visibility problems at night, I had cleaned my windshield with Jopasu several times.
  2. I always used Jopasu on fully dry surfaces. My windshield was never moist when I cleaned it with Jopasu. It follows that undesirable deposits on glass affecting visibility are not linked with the presence of moisture.
  3. My windshield became perfectly clean and the night visibility problems went away after I washed it with a mild soap. In other words, it is not difficult to get rid of the undesirable film which Jopasu leaves behind.

I have used Jopasu duster to clean my white Ford Endeavour only about a dozen times. I found its ability to absorb dust pretty good. I never attempted to use Jopasu when my car was very dirty, wet or covered with dry mud. I intend continuing use of Jopasu to remove light to medium layers of dust from painted surfaces only.
debuda is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 08:32   #1220
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Today, there is a Lightning deal of ₹ 635.00 on amazon.in for Prime members. It works out to 14% savings over the price of ₹ 739.00.
https://www.amazon.in/Jopasu-Car-Dus...9PD1AEKRF4H670
virgopal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 09:54   #1221
Senior - BHPian

I recently tried out the rejuvenator on an old duster and am pretty glad with the end result. I washed the duster properly, let it dry and then sprayed about 150 sprays in intervals of 50 sprays every 30 - 40 minutes. Let the duster dry for a day before I used it.

The first few days, I had some wax deposits from the duster leaving spots on the car, but post that it's picking up dust very well. It's not as good as a new duster, but definitely good to use. My rejuvenator is good for another 2 dusters at-least.
fiat_tarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 14:17   #1222
Distinguished - BHPian

I just got the Rogers duster.

It is less waxy to the touch, but seems to work well. Comes with a plastic sheath which seems better than the Jopasu cover, but have to see if it lasts
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote