Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2019, 22:38   #1231
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

What is the best duster nowadays. I know Jopasu has gone down in size and quality, but are there better brands in the market?
Old 10th January 2019, 17:29   #1232
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
What is the best duster nowadays. I know Jopasu has gone down in size and quality, but are there better brands in the market?
You can buy this: https://www.amazon.in/Roger-03070418...7121548&sr=8-4
mithun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 17:32   #1233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Thanks, but I've read negative comments on this thread about Roger's duster, like it does not pick up dust as nicely as the Jopasu, and that it is not sturdy, etc.

What is your feedback?
Old 10th January 2019, 17:38   #1234
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks, but I've read negative comments on this thread about Roger's duster, like it does not pick up dust as nicely as the Jopasu, and that it is not sturdy, etc.

What is your feedback?
I'm not having 1st hand experience with it. Heard good reviews about it from my friends in the past!

Have you checked California Duster?
Old 10th January 2019, 22:45   #1235
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, but I've read negative comments on this thread about Roger's duster, like it does not pick up dust as nicely as the Jopasu, and that it is not sturdy
You might have read mine. Yes, Jopasu holds dust better, but no, the Rogers is perfectly sturdy --- and with a much better cover than the Jopasu.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2019, 15:49   #1236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
You might have read mine. Yes, Jopasu holds dust better, but no, the Rogers is perfectly sturdy --- and with a much better cover than the Jopasu.
Thanks, but the purpose of the duster is to hold dust, so I don't see any point going for Rogers. Looks like I'll go for a Jopasu again.
vnabhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2019, 21:26   #1237
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, but the purpose of the duster is to hold dust, so I don't see any point going for Rogers. Looks like I'll go for a Jopasu again.
Just few weeks back i ordered a Jopasu Duster from Amazon. Got it for Rs 626 as some discount/sale was going on. After a day trip, i just wiped my car with the Duster and it was all shiny again. The new Jopasu Duster's are as effective as their old one's. No decline in quality or effectiveness. You can again go for the Jopasu Duster eye's closed.

On a lighter note- Duster on a Duster !

Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-d5234df8282c42ab9bac16bb326a6e28.jpeg

Last edited by Samba : 12th January 2019 at 21:32.
Samba is online now   (17) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 14:18   #1238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It all depends on how your paint is. Run your hand through the paint. If it feels rough then no duster can help you. Even Jopasu will start scratching. Get a nice shampoo wash and then use wax or BSD. After that start using Jopasu, it will work as intended.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 17:42   #1239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
It all depends on how your paint is. Run your hand through the paint. If it feels rough then no duster can help you. Even Jopasu will start scratching. Get a nice shampoo wash and then use wax or BSD. After that start using Jopasu, it will work as intended.
Paint is smooth. I got 3 M polish done last year, and have been using the Jopasu for the past 5 years---a new one from last year.

I guess I'll go for Jopasu again. The 3 M guy recommended it yesterday when I walked by.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2019, 07:19   #1240
BHPian

I have gone through majority of the posts in this thread, and I think I am confused with the mixed response for Jopasu duster. Before buying, if someone could clear my few doubts and give me that extra push, it would be well appreciated.

1. After all these years and many new products being introduced in market, is it still advised to go with Jopasu?
2. How does it perform when used over a ceramic coated car? Recommended?
3. Did anyone spotted swirl marks after using Jopasu?
Old 17th February 2019, 17:08   #1241
Distinguished - BHPian

There is no no-swirl magic. Some sort of vacuum-based technology?

So we can only do the best we can do. I guess Jopasu counts.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 07:02   #1242
BHPian

Thank you Thad. I placed an order on Amazon for Rs.626 from the seller Cloudtail India. The package is expected to reach my place by Saturday.

Is there anything I have to take care of while using Jopasu? Read few posts here saying that it is not advisable to use on windscreen, any thoughts?
Old 18th February 2019, 12:38   #1243

Recently I have bought 'Bergmann Gladiator Platinum Car Duster (with Wooden Handle)' costing Rs 700. As I had already used Jopasu before, the shopkeeper insisted me to try Bergmann. I am using it for last one month and I am satisfied with it. But the wooden handle version is heavy. You can go for the other standard handle option whose price is also Rs 50 less.
Old 18th February 2019, 13:17   #1244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophomore View Post
Thank you Thad. I placed an order on Amazon for Rs.626 from the seller Cloudtail India. The package is expected to reach my place by Saturday.

Is there anything I have to take care of while using Jopasu? Read few posts here saying that it is not advisable to use on windscreen, any thoughts?
I recently started using Jopasu duster (8 months to be precise) on my XUV. I am very happy with it. I use it daily. My XUV has not seen water since Diwali,so you can imagine how effective it is. Also where i park, theres lot of construction going on so everyday theres cement dust all over. But this duster takes care of it.
Mind you its good for Dry dirt. Infact got a new one for my wife's car last month.

As for windscreen, i use it all the time, no issues.
nitinralli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 14:26   #1245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
this duster takes care of it.
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am now very much looking forward for a positive outcome from Jopasu after reading all these posts.

Quote:
As for windscreen, i use it all the time, no issues.
Have you noticed any visibility issues during night? I read that, Jopasu leaves behind a thin waxy deposit which interferes with night visibility.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks