Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2009, 22:47   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcoolgadgets View Post
A word of advice: DO NOT ever wash the Jopasu duster or bring it in contact with water.

The duster is treated with a special chemical that helps it to keep its static charge. Washing the duster, or wetting it will render it useless. You just need to shake the duster vigourously to get the dust off it. The duster is good for about 1 year, if used everyday. After that, you just need to replace it with a new one. It sells for about Rs.450/- here in Nagpur.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Soak it in detergent water and wash atleast once a month, otherwise the absorption power will be low (instruction which is found on the website Jopasu Car Care Products India).
Confused from the contradictory statements

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Great. If a duster does the job i.e. dust you r car without scratches and swirl marks what else does one need? Where can i get one and for how much?
It can be ordered from ebay

eBay India: Jopasu Duster Combo Pack (item 110378647142 end time 15-Oct-2009 14:07:04 IST)

Only the combo pack is available now, earlier the duster was available as a single item. But I think you can contact the seller and ask him if he can list the duster alone.

jopasucarcare
Pankaj Katdare
020 25468172
lackquer@gmail.com

They are based out of pune.

Jopasu Car Care Products India

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ
Where does one get this voucher??
Ebay.in regularly sends out random discount voucher, I always keep my eyes and ears open for any discount code
Old 1st October 2009, 12:41   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
\Soak it in detergent water and wash atleast once a month, otherwise the absorption power will be low (instruction which is found on the website Jopasu Car Care Products India).
When I bought my first Jopasu duster 3 years ago, I was given to believe that washing it will reduce the dust attraction properties of the duster, as the cotton strands are specially treated with some sort of chemical. Apparently, the company now says that you can wash and re-use it.

shajufx, does it work as well after washing as it did when new?
Old 1st October 2009, 14:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

All those chemical treatment and such stuff are purly marketing gimmicks buddy. Dont believe in all that. According to me, its just ordinary cotton strands stitched together with a handle, simple. If you dont wash it once a while, it will not only become useless but also create grease marks on the glasses.

Ok, now suppose I believe in that chemical treatment stuff, you are wiping away dust that contains moist, grease and all kinds of things around. How many days those chemicals can remain on the strands ? May be a week ? Doubtful.
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2009, 18:07   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

The Jopashu duster is also being used by me since April 2009 to my great satisfaction. Its very functional and what else can clean this hefty beast in 5 minutes flat?
Attachment 202049
It can reach parts all the nook and cranny of the roof of this tall SUV.If the Jopashu would not be with me, I guess these corners on the roof could have been accessed very easily every day, only if I were a monkey! with the Jopashu around I need not now envy monkeys!
And yes the instructions say that the duster can be washed in a soapy solution only after it fails to attract dust anymore,which means it has had more than its fill of the dusts and dusts! After the wash and drying, it will work as good as new as they say. I have not had any opportunity to wash it till now. A totally VFM product.Especially for SUV owners its a boon.
Attachment 202062
Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-dsc04002.jpg

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 3rd October 2009 at 18:12.
Old 3rd October 2009, 20:03   #20
BHPian

Any idea where this is available in Bangalore? Could anybody let me know the dealers name and phone number in Bangalore?
Old 6th October 2009, 19:12   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
Any idea where this is available in Bangalore? Could anybody let me know the dealers name and phone number in Bangalore?
You can always order from ebay, the MRP is the same.
Old 6th October 2009, 19:38   #22
Senior - BHPian

I don't quite follow. I've been using a reliance microfiber towel costing some 75 bucks. It does a lovely job. Use and throw every 6-8 months.

This can't replace the daily cleaning (the 200 rs/month wala fellow) or does it?
Old 9th October 2009, 01:47   #23

great i am going to order one right now
Old 11th October 2009, 17:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

I too have ordered (only car duster - not combo pack) from e-bay and hope to recieve the item next week. I have used the discount voucher for something else (portable air compressor which possibly arrive here tomorrow).
Thanks
Old 11th October 2009, 22:08   #25
BHPian

Try this:

eBay India: Jopasu Gift Pack (item 110366551178 end time 16-Oct-2009 10:14:59 IST)

BTW, I got it (the gift set of 5 items) from their Pune office for Rs. 780 only. Ebay is pretty costly.

Last edited by Ferrari1976 : 11th October 2009 at 22:11.
Old 12th October 2009, 01:11   #26
Senior - BHPian

Any idea what the individual prices are? They are available individually, I hope?
Old 12th October 2009, 14:52   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
The Jopashu duster is also being used by me since April 2009 to my great satisfaction. Its very functional and what else can clean this hefty beast in 5 minutes flat?
It can reach parts all the nook and cranny of the roof of this tall SUV.If the Jopashu would not be with me, I guess these corners on the roof could have been accessed very easily every day, only if I were a monkey! with the Jopashu around I need not now envy monkeys!
And yes the instructions say that the duster can be washed in a soapy solution only after it fails to attract dust anymore,which means it has had more than its fill of the dusts and dusts! After the wash and drying, it will work as good as new as they say. I have not had any opportunity to wash it till now. A totally VFM product.Especially for SUV owners its a boon.
Sounds great - all the reviews. I have ordered one combo pack from Ebay today.
Old 12th October 2009, 16:56   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
@Raccoon:

Please call Mr. Umanath on 99875 64934. Give him my reference (My name is Ashish, blue Linea who did the underbody coating on Saturday). He will give you 30% discount on MRP.

All: I made a mistake in the above post, the right contact for Jopasu is:

9921000277 - Mr. Sudheer.

MODS: Please delete my earlier post.
Old 12th October 2009, 17:01   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Any idea what the individual prices are? They are available individually, I hope?
=

I have ordered the DUSTER (not Jopashu but some different product) and er rate was rs.600/-.
am expecting the product to reach within this week and once in hand will try to post the photograph.
Thanks
Old 13th October 2009, 00:39   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
All: I made a mistake in the above post, the right contact for Jopasu is:

9921000277 - Mr. Sudheer.

MODS: Please delete my earlier post.
Hey, thanks a heap dude!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks