Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2019, 13:44   #1261
BHPian

Is Jopasu still (Dec 2019) the best car Duster?

After discussing about Jopasu rejuvenator in the forum I decided to buy a new one. There was post in Jopasu duster: A mini review about how the new duster is different from the old one.

This is my third Jopasu duster. When it would drizzle in Bengaluru and I had those dry mud spots over the car - using Jopasu would lead to the wow!! It was amazing. With the current duster, the grip is not great and it picks up dust, but I do not have the experience of dust magnet that it was before.

Guys so please give your opinion about Jopasu: Is it still be best duster around or there is something else which has come out new and works great.
bpnpmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 19:01   #1262
BHPian

Re: Is Jopasu still (Dec 2019) the best car Duster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpnpmr View Post
Is it still be best duster around or there is something else which has come out new and works great.
I bought this in July. It has a slightly longer handle than my previous Jopasu. Also the brush is wider. Till now it has served me well. Have had a similar experience with it as I had with Jopasu. It's also a fraction cheaper. Have to see if it can last as long as Jopasu though.
strawhat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 21:44   #1263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
I bought this in July. ...
I have something very similar. I use it for brushing dust off the car cover, and, sometimes, for washing the car (it takes a while to dry out, though), but it has never been as effective as Jopasu for picking dust up from the car.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 22:42   #1264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
Till now it has served me well. Have had a similar experience with it as I had with Jopasu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
but it has never been as effective as Jopasu for picking dust up from the car.
I've had a similar experience as Thad. I bought this when my Jopasu duster stopped picking up dust. I bought this to try it as an alternative and also because of the longer handle, but it never picked up dust and just left the car dirty. Finally rejuvenated the Jopasu and started using it again.
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2020, 13:11   #1265
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

A new competitor is in town Bergmann Gladiator platinum duster, ordered one, let's see if it works better and does what it promotes.

Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-bergmann1.jpg

Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-bergmann.jpg

Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-bergmann2.jpg
dadu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2020, 14:13   #1266
BHPian

I have quit using Jopasu for many years just because of degradation in quality. I use Rogers Carster now.... it is OKish. At least the strands are dense and they supply a shampoo free with it.
I buy one every 6/8 months as I don't believe washing it would restore even half the efficiency. But the quality has been consistent. Except, the handle is flimsy, very flimsy. Jopasu was better built that way.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th February 2020 at 17:53. Reason: typo edited
Old 23rd February 2020, 11:21   #1267
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
A new competitor is in town Bergmann Gladiator platinum duster, ordered one, let's see if it works better and does what it promotes.
Thanks for the information: looking forward to the real-life report.

The advertising seems like open-mouth-and-make-noise marketing. For starters, isn't it better to recycle plastic than to chop down trees? And did anyone ever have a Jopasu/etc handle break? And... frankly, I don't care if my car has bacteria on the outside!

But many a marketing man has made a good product look bad with his overblown tosh, so let's see how it turns out.

Where did you buy it: do you have a link?
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 11:45   #1268
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

But many a marketing man has made a good product look bad with his overblown tosh, so let's see how it turns out.

Marketing does say you will become a gladiator using it. And go all spartaaaaaaa on your car.

I tried using a duster from home on the car last weekend, and I found all the dust on me.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 16:06   #1269
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Marketing does say you will become a gladiator using it. And go all spartaaaaaaa on your car.

Quote:
I tried using a duster from home on the car last weekend, and I found all the dust on me.
That is the difference between my Jopasu duster, and another microfibre brush-type duster that I have.
Old 23rd February 2020, 19:00   #1270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the information: looking forward to the real-life report.

The advertising seems like open-mouth-and-make-noise marketing. For starters, isn't it better to recycle plastic than to chop down trees? And did anyone ever have a Jopasu/etc handle break? And... frankly, I don't care if my car has bacteria on the outside!

Well bought from Amazon, the way I found it is when I searched for California car duster (which is where Jopasu is copied from). The original California CD also has a wooden handle.

The way I see is that a wooden handle will be firmer during cleaning. Each one has its own vices, plastic is also damaging to the environment in many ways.

Currently, there is an offer running on the Bergmann duster due to which its price is equivalent to Jopasu.

Last edited by dadu : 23rd February 2020 at 19:04.
dadu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 17:22   #1271
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for that, I'll keep the link for future reference.

There is no problem with strength/firmness of the Jopasu (and similar) plastic handles: they are one piece with the brush support. Watch out, though, for the metal handles that push into the plastic part that holds the brush. I have a micro-fibre (not waxed) brush, and the plastic socket for the handle soon broke. It's been glued/m-sealed up a couple of times, but it is breaking again,

What I like about the Rogers is the plastic "sheath." I don't rate it as good as Jopasu at dust removal, though. I keep it in the back of the car for occasional away-from-home use, as it is so easy to sheath/unsheath. The Jopasu cover is prone to zip breakage.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2020, 10:23   #1272
Distinguished - BHPian

Just bought my first ever Jopasu Duster. Had thought of it over the years - but since I had a car cleaner, never bothered. Of course, the car cleaners has not been around since the lock downs - and I had been cleaning the car myself, once a week with a lint free cloth (had forgotten that this product exits). Recently got both my cars detailed, one from 3M, and the other from the dealer when it had gone for repairing a wonky ABS sensor. Hence felt the need for better cleaning and decided to try the Jopasu.

And man, am I impressed. Cleaning the cars took less than half the usual time, and the result was far superior to anything I have done myself before - and arguably better than the results from my car cleaners too. This is one fantastic product. I am hooked!
Hayek is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th September 2020, 10:58   #1273
Distinguished - BHPian

Jopashu is the best, when you neither want to get your hands soiled, nor your car wet.

But the downside that I learnt over the years, using three of these till now, is to never allow a Jopashu to get wet. A wet cat faces its worst nightmares (they love to stay dry and dry clean themselves) and a wet Jopashu can give us the worst nightmares, even years after it once upon a time got wet.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2020, 17:05   #1274
BHPian

No maid in Covid and a new use case for Jopasu in my home is for dusting the home !!
LonelyPlanet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 16:22   #1275
BHPian

I have been using Jopasu for quite some time and recently bought a new one as the old one got very old. But while using the new one, I observed that it's leaving a slight wax coating on top and due to this even though the dust is going, the paint shine is not coming out to full extent. Has anyone experienced the same while using the duster and any idea on how to get rid of it?

Last edited by Sheel : 16th October 2020 at 16:28. Reason: Typo.

Most Viewed