Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2005, 07:59   #1

Accessories for Bright Silver Getz

Guys after a two month detailed comparison & study i have finally booked a Bright Silver Getz GLS 1.3.

I wanted your suggestions on the accessories front.

I am considering the following accessories / changes

1) B-Pillar to be made Mat black ( as in european version ). should i go in for Mat or Gloss ?

2) front grille to be changed as in the original hyundai accessories grille shown on hyundai website.

3) rear garnish to be changed as in the original hyundai accessories grille shown on hyundai website.

4) Floor Mats ( Please suggest make )

5) Sun Film ( Please suggest a good shade considering the bright silver colour and a black coloured B-Pillar )

6) door speakers ( which make for best audio quality, should they be waterproof since they are on the doors. )

7) smaller antenna to replace the longer one on the roof top. ( which make )

8) tubeless tyres instead of the original goodyear gps2. ( please suggest which one is the best for a getz )

I would be really obliged if some noble Bhpians would suggest their opinions.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by mangywarez : 21st July 2005 at 08:00.
Old 22nd July 2005, 00:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

4) Floor Mats ( Please suggest make )
Any floor mats will do, since the name suggests they go on the floor and people step on them routinely. If you buy local you can change them more often as they are cheap.

5) Sun Film ( Please suggest a good shade considering the bright silver colour and a black coloured B-Pillar )
Go for 3 M films. Darker film will give a better contrast. I am not aware of how the chalan situation is with dark films in mumbai. But the film will cost you around 2k.

6) door speakers ( which make for best audio quality, should they be waterproof since they are on the doors. )
To make the speakers waterproof you would have to conseal them in a plastic packet or a rain coat
Just kidding. I havent really heard about water proof speakers. But I am sure someone will suggest you (Sam are you listening). But a good set of components in the front and coaxials at the back would be an ideal setup. Go for Alpine speakers if possible as JBL is a little too bright for my taste. No offence Sam

8) tubeless tyres instead of the original goodyear gps2. ( please suggest which one is the best for a getz )
Please upsize your tyres and get alloys as the GLS dont already have them. Good set of alloys would start at 16k and the tyres would be exchanged for around 8k for Bridgestone Potenza GIII. This is the best tyre for your car in the market, although it doesnt have that foreign look as the good years, but its miles ahead as far as the performance is concerned.

Last edited by Rtech : 22nd July 2005 at 11:00. Reason: Excessive use of emoticons
Old 22nd July 2005, 07:36   #3

Thanks aseem,

I will go in for 3m dark shade sun film,

I am also considering to go for alloys, but the hyundai guys say i need to buy the alloys from them or else i loose warranty on some parts of the vehicle. The underside ! their alloys are costing 22k in mumbai. They have two different models, one at 17.5k and the other at 22k. i liked the later one.

Thanks
Old 22nd July 2005, 08:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

I don't think there is a reason for u buying company alloys. No manufacturer says u warranty will be void u get other alloys. And company alloys are way too expensive, and u'll only have a limited selection......
Old 22nd July 2005, 10:07   #5
BHPian

The Hyundai guys seem to be bull****ting nice and proper here
No reason why you should lose your warranty if you put some other alloys
and 22k is daylight robbery

I am of course a big advocate of Michelin Certis tubeless, as i think they are amazing on ride comfort and also give great grip & performance
Old 26th July 2005, 08:32   #6

guys i thought this forum was supposed to suffice everyones automotive desires ?
Old 26th July 2005, 10:26   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvhead

I am of course a big advocate of Michelin Certis tubeless, as i think they are amazing on ride comfort and also give great grip & performance
I upgraded to Certis on my accord the day it came, since the car didnt come with tubeless tyres and i need an upsize due to my driving style. These tyres have done a great job, only problem till date was that one of my tyres formed a crack from inside the tire wall and air began to seep in causing a minute air bubble which was spotted in its early stages or else it could have lead to tyre bursting. The tire was repaired by michellin and is perfect now. The car has clocked 24,000Kms in that past 2.5years and the tyres still look fresh. No scene of tread wear what so ever , maybe because i get the wheel aligment and stuff done regularly but i have never had such long lasting tyres till date.
Dont worry about putting alloys from outside, this warranty void bull is all a money making gimick.

As for your query abt glass or mat finish on the pillar, without a doubt it has to be Mat! Gloss will look really cheap,you def dont want that finish on it.
Old 26th July 2005, 11:32   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

1. Mat Finish all the way.
3. Don't know as i have not seen either.
4. Get any cheap Plastic/rubber mat (Fabric for monsoons) as Fabric ones will get dirty fats and will be tougher to clean. A good set of plastic mats are available for 450 bucks in SantaCruz or Opera House.
5. V-Kool is the best sunfilm available in India and costs quite alot. Garware Sunfilm is available 900 bucks onwards. Get Black, the transparent type.
6 and 7 - No Idea.
8. You can get alloy wheels from outside and if the hyundai guys object ask them to Produce a letter from HYUNDAI's side confirming the same.
You can get Bridgestone Potenza G3s which are the best available tyres in 13"and 14" and even 15" to an extent.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks