Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2005, 17:48   #1
BANNED

Need a good mechanic for a VW BUG

ok .. I got a 1967 VW BUG and have reciently bought a 1500 cc engine for her.
What I need is someone that will redo the car for me... sort of a total overhaul.
I need someone from either bombay or poona prefrebly... but if anyone has a good mechanic... I'll be willing to transport the car to the mechanic.
Holla back.
Old 21st July 2005, 21:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

How about Toyato-Tech located at Bandra, Mumbai?? He does some very good restoration. I don't know about the charges, but guesses are that it will be high.
Old 21st July 2005, 22:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
ok .. I got a 1967 VW BUG and have reciently bought a 1500 cc engine for her.
What I need is someone that will redo the car for me... sort of a total overhaul.
I need someone from either bombay or poona prefrebly... but if anyone has a good mechanic... I'll be willing to transport the car to the mechanic.
Holla back.
PM me if interested. ive got the right guy. hes in bombay and does all my cars. whimsical and not cheap but is he gooooood!!

Last edited by V-16 : 21st July 2005 at 22:18.
Old 18th February 2006, 22:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

What happened to this project??
Old 18th February 2006, 23:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

Try contacting one of the vintage car clubs. They should have the right contacts in their network.
Old 19th February 2006, 09:43   #6
BANNED

Hi,

We have a expert in engine rebuilds whose client list for rebuilds includes Mallya, Swadi Automobiles, Audi, Mercedes Benz, Toyota, Honda, Maruti etc.

Pm me if interested. He is not expensive but damn good. BTW we are working on a bug engine right now.

Viper
Old 20th February 2006, 10:01   #7
BHPian

The best person for VW restoration or any kind of problems /difficulties, etc. with beetle is Mr. Avelar barreto of Avelar motors in GOA. he is a total authority on VW beetles.Check out the article in NOV 2005 issue of TOP GEAR magazine.Also there is a workshop being conducted by Ashvek vintage world from GOA on restration of Air cooled engines on 26.02.2005.
Old 22nd January 2009, 13:42   #8

Does anyone have a contact for Mr. Avelar Barreto. Is it worthh getting my engine rebuilt by him and body work by someone else? How does it work getting your car restored? I am based in Ahmedabad - Bought a lot of parts for building the carb and dist and engine from UK while I was there...but need a reliable person to get my engineering done right. Thanks in advance for all your help
Old 23rd February 2009, 16:34   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
What happened to this project??
Project still underway and running...initial phases of locating someone to do up my car. Located someone in Ahmedabad itself earlier and a friend of mine who also drives classic cars told me that I should refrain from sending it there. Am confused so mite get it send in to bombay. let see shall keep on updating more frequently once things are started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
How about Toyato-Tech located at Bandra, Mumbai?? He does some very good restoration. I don't know about the charges, but guesses are that it will be high.
Would you have a contact no for Toyato-tech? or an address. Shall be in mumbai in march so mite do my checking out then

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallystar View Post
The best person for VW restoration or any kind of problems /difficulties, etc. with beetle is Mr. Avelar barreto of Avelar motors in GOA. he is a total authority on VW beetles.Check out the article in NOV 2005 issue of TOP GEAR magazine.Also there is a workshop being conducted by Ashvek vintage world from GOA on restration of Air cooled engines on 26.02.2005.
Can you or anyone else send me a web link or a scan copy of the November 2005 article on VW beetles in top gear magazine? also would you be able to give me the contact for Ashvek vintage world in goa...
thanks

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd February 2009 at 17:16. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread.
Old 25th February 2009, 10:14   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
PM me if interested. ive got the right guy. hes in bombay and does all my cars. whimsical and not cheap but is he gooooood!!
Could you post the bombay guy... am contemplating doing a bit by bit resto...engine with someone and interior with other and body with another...
is that a good idea?
Old 25th February 2009, 23:53   #11
Senior - BHPian

Ask Pavan Kadam . He can be called a greatest VWhead in India.
Old 26th February 2009, 00:36   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by erroljr
Would you have a contact no for Toyato-tech? or an address. Shall be in mumbai in march so mite do my checking out then
It's very close to Lilavati Hospital in Bandra Reclamation. I believe the area is known as ONGC colony.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks