Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2009, 00:09   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
Ok, Now I would suggest, get the body kit and cosmetic stuff first, wheels,etc. than work your way towards getting performance, along with handling [read suspension].Get good replica seat for front [they look good as well as give good support].As for the flat rear , I am guessing you are looking for something similar to the EVOs, any good body shop will be able get that look if you take the photo of what you want, it's simple job.

Coming to engine mods get the engine compression tested first, this will give you a clear idea of what the engine condition is, ie: does it need overhaul. Than start the upgrade slowly.
- Air filter
- Than decide if you want to go for Head change to DOHC/MiVEC. if yes than get one fitted, with stock ECU.
If you do not want to got through all this, you can use the original head and change rest of the stuff.
- exhaust, headers to match the new head/cams.
- Bigger injectors,high flow pump, Cam change, porting polishing.
If still the power is not enough get high compression pistons, get the engine blue printed, flywheel, clutch [stag2].
- if still power is need ,Than there is option of getting a 4G92 engine ,1.6 Mivec [there a couple of the forum ],170BHP@7000rpm and 149Nm@4500 rpm. Real fun to drive.[this will cost you a bit more]
Dinar, thanks a lot, the tips are very helpful, the car has been delivered to the 'chop shop' this week. But first there's some mechanical work to be done and guess it will take at least a week till the real exterior work begins.

i have to change the clutch plates and also the front discs. as i had mentioned in the beginning of this forum, the clutch is too week and the steering is a bit wobbly. will get the engine compression tested at the same time as well.

any recommendations on which make clutch plates should i go in for? or should i stick to the Mitsubishi originals from the showroom? also advice me on the discs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
150K!! That is a Decent Sum when it comes to Mods!! you can do loads for that much. My honest opinion is that you send the car either to bombay of bangalore for these kind of mods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
I'm not sure if thats a great idea. mods need personal attention. Long distance remote control modding has a lot of risk involved if the tuner is technically or morally unsound.
i agree, plus i guess i'll end up spending 50k just on the paint job itself.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 19th November 2009 at 18:57. Reason: Please read the note in post, thanks
Old 11th October 2009, 09:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

If you can source a exedy 'street clutch' for the lancer get that one, it'll be useful when the engine mods start, and you won't have to get new one immediately after the horse power increase.
Old 11th October 2009, 11:03   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you can source a exedy 'street clutch' for the lancer get that one, it'll be useful when the engine mods start, and you won't have to get new one immediately after the horse power increase.

Exedy 'street clutch' will be very hard to depress and most of the people i know have reverted back. Moreover i don't feel getting that would do wonders to the stage 1 mods he is upto. The stock clutch is good but Valeo clutch is the best for the regular usage and runs out very cheap. Clutch et' al, are usually done when stage 2 mods are done, I see he is more into the exterior styling. No offenses but i think he should be modding according to his need, rather than what best is available in the market.

@ Regnex
Since you are replacing the discs, get cross drilled rotors and better pads, with all these mods you would need better breaking. Get green stuff break kits, they are known to be very effective in lancers. Remember its more important to get better stopping power along with the increased horse power.

just my .2$

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 11th October 2009 at 11:05.
Old 11th October 2009, 15:20   #19
BHPian

i did a bit of a research on both exedy and valeo on some threads

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ch-lancer.html

seems like exedy will be a better choice, although the operations may be a bit hard, it will serve the purpose.

Guy's your advices are really helping me and am learning something new at every post. thanks

help me out on the colour selection for the car, i have come up to the last three Ferrari Red, White or Leaf Green. What would you suggest? i do not like Yellow, Purple or blue.
Old 11th October 2009, 16:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by regnex View Post
help me out on the colour selection for the car, i have come up to the last three Ferrari Red, White or Leaf Green. What would you suggest? i do not like Yellow, Purple or blue.
I love the color of that purple lancer in background of your body kit pics. White looks great but will not give you much of a sporty look, i am not sure of how a leaf green look on a sporty car, but ferrari red is surly gonna be a head turner. Red lancers have a league of their own like the black ones.

Pramod
Old 11th October 2009, 17:22   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
I love the color of that purple lancer in background of your body kit pics. White looks great but will not give you much of a sporty look, i am not sure of how a leaf green look on a sporty car, but ferrari red is surly gonna be a head turner. Red lancers have a league of their own like the black ones.

Pramod
I knew somebody would notice that lancer, so here's are much closeup pictures of it now. that one of the lancers done by Oliver the same workshop 'Service Inn' i have given my car in, i am presently working on redesigning his website and have some pictures with me. enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
Lancer 1.5 advice on performance upgrade and exterior looks-olivercalendar027.jpg  

Lancer 1.5 advice on performance upgrade and exterior looks-olivercalendar072.jpg  

Lancer 1.5 advice on performance upgrade and exterior looks-olivercalendar118.jpg  

Lancer 1.5 advice on performance upgrade and exterior looks-olivercalendar138.jpg  

regnex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2009, 20:14   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I knew somebody would notice that lancer, so here's are much closeup pictures of it now. that one of the lancers done by Oliver the same workshop 'Service Inn' i have given my car in, i am presently working on redesigning his website and have some pictures with me. enjoy

You know what, you made my day. The front bumpers looks skyline GT inspired. the over all fit and finish is great.

Regarding your car color, post some of the pics with the body kit on, we have a lot of photoshop experts(not forgetting that fact that being a web designer you are one of them ). I am just eager to see how the over all car will look like. Best of luck.

Pramod
Old 12th October 2009, 01:16   #23
BHPian

Guess what guys, I've got a wacky idea, I'm going to install a PlayStation 2 in my lancer.
Yes, you heard right, the PS2. as the idea is crazy, it's not so new. i have seen on the net many have installed, plus my dashboard in the lancer has 2 compartments where in one i can easily setup the PS2 console and an overhead screen making it look as if its a part of the package.

Definitely it will be strictly for the front passenger or rear seat users. The Driver (silly Me) can pull over and play whenever tired of the steering wheel and the gearshift knob .

as I'm not new to experimenting, i've done a screen installation and camera setup on my fiesta before, plus the under-body led installations too, believe me it's very difficult to have under-body LED's installed on a Fiesta.

here's where i'm stuck, which is the best place in the lancer to install the screen? and surely it should be a 7" to 11" TFT, overhead or dash mounted?

head-rest screens are already in my checklist.

here's a link i stumbles across advicing on how to install a PS2 in a car

Install a PlayStation 2 in your car - Great gaming hacks - Insider Secrets - CNET Reviews

Screen installation on a fiesta Dashboard
Attached Thumbnails
Lancer 1.5 advice on performance upgrade and exterior looks-22082007001.jpg  

Old 12th October 2009, 10:53   #24
BHPian

thats a kool job done , well oliver is always good at paint jobs always give my cars to him
Old 12th October 2009, 14:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i did a bit of a research on both exedy and valeo on some threads

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ch-lancer.html

seems like exedy will be a better choice, although the operations may be a bit hard, it will serve the purpose.

Guy's your advices are really helping me and am learning something new at every post. thanks

help me out on the color selection for the car, i have come up to the last three Ferrari Red, White or Leaf Green. What would you suggest? i do not like Yellow, Purple or blue.
Leaf green, if you want the car to be sober, whit if you want the car to look like an EVO and red if you want it to crab attention.
When putting the PS2 please check if the battery will handle the load and use a good filter circuit in the power supply.
Old 12th October 2009, 21:24   #26
BHPian

Quote:
When putting the PS2 please check if the battery will handle the load and use a good filter circuit in the power supply.
I found a DIY website showing a detailed electronic circuit and components on how to convert a 12v DC to 8.5v DC also reducing the current for the PS2 directly from the car battery, the Playstation can be powered at the press of a button.
There is also a safety feature and low voltage alarm that can be installed in the lancer. This will help to a great deal rather than getting an in-car inverter for converting from 12v DC to 110/220v AC and back to 8.5v DC in case of the Playstation 2.

I placed an order for Projector lights for the lancer today, will cost me 13.5k, do you think its a reasonable deal? It's basically the whole enclosure.
Old 12th October 2009, 22:10   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I found a DIY website showing a detailed electronic circuit and components on how to convert a 12v DC to 8.5v DC also reducing the current for the PS2 directly from the car battery, the Playstation can be powered at the press of a button.
There is also a safety feature and low voltage alarm that can be installed in the lancer. This will help to a great deal rather than getting an in-car inverter for converting from 12v DC to 110/220v AC and back to 8.5v DC in case of the Playstation 2.

I placed an order for Projector lights for the lancer today, will cost me 13.5k, do you think its a reasonable deal? It's basically the whole enclosure.
You know what to do than it's good. Hope the circuit has a good pulse filter. I did not mean using a inverter, when you have a gaming unit, there will be playing of games[usually for quit long time], which should be handled, have a gaming console and have a dvd player is different.
13.5 for the full units is pretty OK.
Hope to see your car done with all the mods soon.
Old 12th October 2009, 23:48   #28
BHPian

Quote:
I am very excited myself. But at the same time I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that nothing major goes wrong with the plan in place. Expecting the car to be ready by November end.

any idea where i can get LED tail lights for the lancer? i saw a lancer in Goa which had circular LED tail lights, looked pretty good, like some on Chrysler cars. Surely they were custom made.

Also regarding spacers for the wheels, if i install them, will it effect the ride handling? Especially at curvy roads?
Old 14th October 2009, 23:28   #29
BHPian

Quote:
You know what to do than it's good. Hope the circuit has a good pulse filter. I did not mean using a inverter, when you have a gaming unit, there will be playing of games[usually for quit long time], which should be handled, have a gaming console and have a dvd player is different.
13.5 for the full units is pretty OK.
Found the PS2 12v to 8.5v car adapter on ebay, was lucky to find one, saved me the time on making one myself.
Attached Thumbnails
Lancer 1.5 advice on performance upgrade and exterior looks-vp2ac423019.jpg  

Old 15th October 2009, 23:34   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am very excited myself. But at the same time I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that nothing major goes wrong with the plan in place. Expecting the car to be ready by November end.

any idea where i can get LED tail lights for the lancer? i saw a lancer in Goa which had circular LED tail lights, looked pretty good, like some on Chrysler cars. Surely they were custom made.

Also regarding spacers for the wheels, if i install them, will it effect the ride handling? Especially at curvy roads?
Impact in panjim had couple, most these thing are from Mumbai though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks