Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2009, 11:21   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by regnex View Post
Buddy, would work out and post the stuff details, but am a little uneasy as i feel it may violate any tbhp policies. don't want it to look as if I'm trying to advertise or something like that.
Can you please PM me the details if possible?

Cheers,
L&S.
Old 31st December 2009, 11:37   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but am a little uneasy as i feel it may violate any tbhp policies. don't want it to look as if I'm trying to advertise or something like that.

The teambhp policies are very straight, if you are associated with someone(read who does the job) declare it. I got my car painted and i know many others are getting theirs painted too. Its just that they want to look at options before investing money. Showing what you have done if just teasing people . Also tell them how far they are from their dreams (moolah wise)

OT this was my 500th post so thought to spread some gyan :-)

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 31st December 2009 at 11:39.
Old 31st December 2009, 12:39   #63
BHPian

nah man.. feel free..it would benefit a lot of us.i for one really like your spoiler..!
Old 31st December 2009, 17:08   #64
BHPian

hey kool man she looks amazing , from whom in panjim did ya get the body kit from ??
Old 31st December 2009, 21:25   #65
BHPian

lets say, besides the ICE and alloys, the entire car is custom made, hand-made job basically. including the spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild4lyfe View Post
nah man.. feel free..it would benefit a lot of us.i for one really like your spoiler..!
Old 1st January 2010, 15:57   #66
BHPian

Quote:
lets say, besides the ICE and alloys, the entire car is custom made, hand-made job basically. including the spoiler
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010 EVERYONE

The Spendings:

the alloys and tires came up to 60k

Wide body, spoiler and paint job close to 65k

FFE & CAI and other basic service, replacements etc 20k+

Interiors, Gadgets and ICE 200k+

others, a lot more
Old 4th January 2010, 12:37   #67
Team-BHP Support

Nicely done Regnex! You're Lancer looks typical 'American Street Racer' types!

Do get some performance oriented modifications quickly!
Old 4th January 2010, 17:45   #68
BHPian

The Interiors & exteriors are perfect. Great job & you are a lucky guy.

Are you really planning for some more performance mod's ?

I mean how much difference have the current performance mod's made ?
Old 5th January 2010, 09:22   #69
BHPian

my guess is that it must be putting out close to about 95 odd bhp..
Old 5th January 2010, 09:32   #70
Senior - BHPian

Don't mind but from the front it looks more like an Accent or a Sonata. Front could have been a little better. But overall a stupendous job. Kudos!
Old 5th January 2010, 14:24   #71
BHPian

Quote:
my guess is that it must be putting out close to about 95 odd bhp..
Wildchild and the rest of the gang, here are a few crazy clips you will enjoy, me going crazy at the beach

i guess some of your questions will be answered here
Old 20th January 2010, 19:22   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Wildchild and the rest of the gang, here are a few crazy clips you will enjoy, me going crazy at the beach

i guess some of your questions will be answered here

The work of a Genius , now a good friend
Attached Thumbnails
Lancer 1.5 advice on performance upgrade and exterior looks-p1180063.jpg  

Old 21st January 2010, 12:09   #73
BHPian

thats some crazy s#!t happening there bro!!
Great vidz!!
Old 4th February 2010, 02:54   #74
BHPian

Quote:
thats some crazy s#!t happening there bro!!
Great vidz!!
So i'm back again and i think its finally time i posted the step-by-step activities involved in the making of the 'Fire Trail' and the full breakup

my knowledge on cars is 7 on a scale of 1-10 so if i typed something wrong, please feel free to correct me.

In the Beginning:
As my earlier post suggests, i had given the car to a god friend of mine, Oliver who has a very popular car paint shop in goa. due to work overload, unavailability of resources and shortage of manpower he wasn't able to kick-off immediately . the car was lying in his garage for a month untouched. meanwhile i was looking over the net and stumbled against a dude from mumbai on orkut who does great ICE setups, was impressed and contacted him. He has a business named 'Sound Factor' and inquired about the various ways i could modify my car. one thing led to another and i finally decided that i would want to get my car modified in mumbai (i live in goa).

we started on the initial design for the car, a 3d model on how the car will look. attaching a few pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Lancer 1.5 advice on performance upgrade and exterior looks-2.jpg  

Lancer 1.5 advice on performance upgrade and exterior looks-3.jpg  

Lancer 1.5 advice on performance upgrade and exterior looks-4.jpg  

Lancer 1.5 advice on performance upgrade and exterior looks-8.jpg  

Lancer 1.5 advice on performance upgrade and exterior looks-9.jpg  

Lancer 1.5 advice on performance upgrade and exterior looks-11.jpg  

Lancer 1.5 advice on performance upgrade and exterior looks-12.jpg  

Old 8th February 2010, 01:32   #75
BHPian

Quote:
we started on the initial design for the car, a 3d model on how the car will look. attaching a few pictures
In about ten days we finalized on the 3D design, discussed the costing and decided to make arrangement for the car pickup from Goa, I had to ask for an id proof, so that my family and friend in Goa would identify each other during the pickup. Finally on November 9th 2009 yours truly and his brother came down to Goa, met my family and friend, inspected the car and took off towards Mumbai later that day. The project was on its way towards its beginning. Mind you that during all this process, we have never met each other in person not even once until the car was completely pimped. The very first time I contacted him was on orkut after I was interested in an ICE setup and our communications thereafter were daily via chat, sms and mobile.

The first task was to take care of the ride and handling followed by the engine work. As I had purchased the car three months before, I didn’t carry out any activities on the engine work (pure negligence). When checked, it was observed that there was an oil leakage and probably an oil seal was the culprit. Further to it the timing belt was replaced and it was a good thing we did it as it too was soaked with engine oil. I can imagine what risk I took by driving the car without checking it when bought in the first place. The front discs were turned for a 1mm cut on lathe machine as the surface was rough. The rear pads, oil seals, tensioner Pulley, engine foundation was replaced and also installed a new gasket. The engine decarbonized and oil was changed to fully synthetic Mobil 0w40. The Brake boosters checked for any leakage and were found fine.

In one of the pictures you can actually see the oil spill off the running engine. There was a huge crack on the OEM silencer at the time I bought the car and was sounding as if it was FFE’d right from the beginning LOL, you will be amazed to see the size of the crack.
Once all that was done, next step was to get the FFE done. Amazingly it took just a day as opposed to a week as I was told last by someone anonymously. The results were amazing! Dual tip exhaust just looked mind-blowing and the sound as I was told was very deep at low rpm, CAI has a long intake pipe with a K&N filter. The entire intake-pipe is fitted without any support. I’m told that during rains I need to remove the filter and switch to stock, wish there was a workaround to it.

The guys had a bit of an incident during first test after installing the FFE and resetting the ECM, where the car just halted dead on a Mumbai highway. When they checked they found that some oil leakage and the 3rd plug was not getting enough current flow, when opened they saw it was drenched in oil, there was a small leak on the tappet head which previously wasn’t inspected. It was opened and noticed that the oil-seal was good and healthy but the alignment was out, after cleaning and resetting everything on site things were fine and the car vroomed back to normal.
Engine vibrations has reduced drastically as compared to before, maybe because of the smooth run with the synthetic oil and new engine mounts. The stock Clutch at the time was functioning fine after minor adjustments. Will change it after driving another 10k km more or in case of weakened operations, whichever comes first.

Next stop: Body work

Most Viewed