Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2010, 10:12   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by regnex View Post
In about ten days we finalized on the 3D design, discussed the costing and decided to make arrangement for the car pickup from Goa, I had to ask for an id proof, so that my family and friend in Goa would identify each other during the pickup. Finally on November 9th 2009 yours truly and his brother came down to Goa, met my family and friend, inspected the car and took off towards Mumbai later that day. The project was on its way towards its beginning. Mind you that during all this process, we have never met each other in person not even once until the car was completely pimped. The very first time I contacted him was on orkut after I was interested in an ICE setup and our communications thereafter were daily via chat, sms and mobile.

The first task was to take care of the ride and handling followed by the engine work. As I had purchased the car three months before, I didn’t carry out any activities on the engine work (pure negligence). When checked, it was observed that there was an oil leakage and probably an oil seal was the culprit. Further to it the timing belt was replaced and it was a good thing we did it as it too was soaked with engine oil. I can imagine what risk I took by driving the car without checking it when bought in the first place. The front discs were turned for a 1mm cut on lathe machine as the surface was rough. The rear pads, oil seals, tensioner Pulley, engine foundation was replaced and also installed a new gasket. The engine decarbonized and oil was changed to fully synthetic Mobil 0w40. The Brake boosters checked for any leakage and were found fine.

In one of the pictures you can actually see the oil spill off the running engine. There was a huge crack on the OEM silencer at the time I bought the car and was sounding as if it was FFE’d right from the beginning LOL, you will be amazed to see the size of the crack.
Once all that was done, next step was to get the FFE done. Amazingly it took just a day as opposed to a week as I was told last by someone anonymously. The results were amazing! Dual tip exhaust just looked mind-blowing and the sound as I was told was very deep at low rpm, CAI has a long intake pipe with a K&N filter. The entire intake-pipe is fitted without any support. I’m told that during rains I need to remove the filter and switch to stock, wish there was a workaround to it.

The guys had a bit of an incident during first test after installing the FFE and resetting the ECM, where the car just halted dead on a Mumbai highway. When they checked they found that some oil leakage and the 3rd plug was not getting enough current flow, when opened they saw it was drenched in oil, there was a small leak on the tappet head which previously wasn’t inspected. It was opened and noticed that the oil-seal was good and healthy but the alignment was out, after cleaning and resetting everything on site things were fine and the car vroomed back to normal.
Engine vibrations has reduced drastically as compared to before, maybe because of the smooth run with the synthetic oil and new engine mounts. The stock Clutch at the time was functioning fine after minor adjustments. Will change it after driving another 10k km more or in case of weakened operations, whichever comes first.

Next stop: Body work
The New Look Fire Trail II
Attached Thumbnails
Lancer 1.5 advice on performance upgrade and exterior looks-p3140254.jpg  

Lancer 1.5 advice on performance upgrade and exterior looks-p3140255.jpg  

Lancer 1.5 advice on performance upgrade and exterior looks-p3140257.jpg  

Lancer 1.5 advice on performance upgrade and exterior looks-p3140259.jpg  

Lancer 1.5 advice on performance upgrade and exterior looks-p3140260.jpg  

Lancer 1.5 advice on performance upgrade and exterior looks-p3140261.jpg  

Old 15th March 2010, 19:56   #77
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Absolutely stunning choice of alloys! Well done. What brand are they?

I'd get rid of the yellow stripe on the side, and the disproportionate rear wing though. Otherwise the car looks fantastic.
Old 15th March 2010, 21:45   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Absolutely stunning choice of alloys! Well done. What brand are they?

I'd get rid of the yellow stripe on the side, and the disproportionate rear wing though. Otherwise the car looks fantastic.
those are '69' Brand import alloys sourced from mumbai, i will take your advice and change the strip to something tribal next, thanks
Old 15th March 2010, 23:19   #79
BHPian

Quote:
those are '69' Brand import alloys sourced from mumbai, i will take your advice and change the strip to something tribal next, thanks
wow! one of the best lancers i have seen! As GTO said the spoiler looks out of place. Try a EVO type spolier. Any other type of spoiler doesnt look well on the lancer!
Old 16th March 2010, 12:44   #80
Senior - BHPian

Very nicely done! I really admire the attention to detail in the planning - 3D modelling et al. Kudos to you.

My 2 cents:
- I think the EVO spoiler (as in your 3D model) or even the OE SFXI spoiler would look better
- Not a fan of stripes/decals - I think they take away from the overall effect of the car. The same car in all-black would look killer. Maybe a small yellow decal with "regnex" on the fender would look nice.
- The widebody kit cries out for wider tyres. I think you have upsized your tyres anyway, but with this kit tyres that are even wider would make the look complete. At the moment, the tyres are somewhat "inside" the wheel well. The best look is achieved with the tyres flush with the body. One option is to use spacers, but that may compromise the durability of the suspension as well as driveability.

Everything else on the outside is super. Love the alloys.
Old 16th March 2010, 14:41   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Very nicely done! I really admire the attention to detail in the planning - 3D modelling et al. Kudos to you.

My 2 cents:
- I think the EVO spoiler (as in your 3D model) or even the OE SFXI spoiler would look better
- Not a fan of stripes/decals - I think they take away from the overall effect of the car. The same car in all-black would look killer. Maybe a small yellow decal with "regnex" on the fender would look nice.
- The widebody kit cries out for wider tyres. I think you have upsized your tyres anyway, but with this kit tyres that are even wider would make the look complete. At the moment, the tyres are somewhat "inside" the wheel well. The best look is achieved with the tyres flush with the body. One option is to use spacers, but that may compromise the durability of the suspension as well as driveability.

Everything else on the outside is super. Love the alloys.
Razor, it is an honour, i should say that I'm a big fan of your work on your lancer and is the actual reason for me starting my project. I referred to many, especially your detailed DIY work on the Lancer on T-BHP.

regarding the spoiler, I somehow like the way it looks, especially in real life, i did get the EVO Spoiler (as you can see pictures in this thread somewhere at the start) but wanted something different.

The good things about decals is that i can experiment all different designs over the period, as for now will keep the existing one and change it maybe in a few months.

I also agree with you on the part of the wheels crying to spread out, we gave it a thought too, but wasnt very practical for everyday use, at the moment i drive my ride like crazy and havent come to any serious issues with the handling at top speed, btw, I've clocked 205 Kmph so far.

as you said, the spacers would make the car look killer, but would kill the handling and ride quality. And what i'm looking for is a fast car, with a little Bling Bling to it too, getting closer so far .

here are some more few pictures of new additions to the car
Attached Thumbnails
Lancer 1.5 advice on performance upgrade and exterior looks-p3160265.jpg  

Lancer 1.5 advice on performance upgrade and exterior looks-p3160266.jpg  

Lancer 1.5 advice on performance upgrade and exterior looks-p3160267.jpg  

Lancer 1.5 advice on performance upgrade and exterior looks-p3160269.jpg  

Old 4th April 2010, 02:34   #82
BHPian

Quote:
here are some more few pictures of new additions to the car
Newer pictures in night mode
Attached Thumbnails
Lancer 1.5 advice on performance upgrade and exterior looks-p3180280.jpg  

Old 28th April 2010, 01:21   #83
BHPian

Ok, now i think it is pretty safe to disclose the details of my car in order to help other fellow bhpians since the project is complete.

the car was done entirely in Mumbai, and worked on by a fellow member and a very good friend of mine Ramnik Matharoo aka 'Ramie'.

i should say i have got my worth and results of a dream ride more than my expectations. ramie just knew what i exactly needed to be added and removed in my ride. i should say the work of a genius.

the total mod job cost of the car came up to 4.3L excluding the cost of the car. if anyone want to know in details, do PM me.

Ramie, thanks bro for a job well done.

cheers
Old 7th June 2010, 00:41   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, now i think it is pretty safe to disclose the details of my car in order to help other fellow bhpians since the project is complete.

the car was done entirely in Mumbai, and worked on by a fellow member and a very good friend of mine Ramnik Matharoo aka 'Ramie'.

i should say i have got my worth and results of a dream ride more than my expectations. ramie just knew what i exactly needed to be added and removed in my ride. i should say the work of a genius.

the total mod job cost of the car came up to 4.3L excluding the cost of the car. if anyone want to know in details, do PM me.

Ramie, thanks bro for a job well done.

cheers
Some pictures of the car clicked with a professional Camera.
Attached Thumbnails
Lancer 1.5 advice on performance upgrade and exterior looks-img_3564.jpg  

Lancer 1.5 advice on performance upgrade and exterior looks-img_3565.jpg  

Lancer 1.5 advice on performance upgrade and exterior looks-img_3568.jpg  

Old 13th June 2011, 21:54   #85
BHPian

Re: Lancer 1.5 advice on performance upgrade and exterior looks

Updating new changes after a year of smooth driving.

Old 14th June 2011, 01:06   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Updating new changes after a year of smooth driving.
Hot Ride
Wonderful dear. BTW would you mind sharing the cost involved?

Cheers
Old 14th June 2011, 11:37   #87
Senior - BHPian

Why is the car on fire?
Old 14th June 2011, 12:00   #88
BHPian

The firetail just got hotter. Loved the airbrush job (the regnex) on the hood, somehow the fire on the hood looks out of place. The sides are p for perfect. And 4.3L is a hell lot of money, but for this job its definitely worth it. Want to see your lancie in flesh the next time i come to goa. Good luck and drive safe.
Ripper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2011, 20:58   #89
BHPian

A very well made lancer after a very long time, that fire thing looks pretty nice where did u get this done from?
msupercool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2011, 00:01   #90
Senior - BHPian

The Mitsu diamond looks nice on the grille. Somehow I don't find the new fire design that hot, but hey, that's just me. As long as you're happy with the way your ride looks
Do one thing if you can though - the next time you want to change to something other design, just drive it for a while without any decals and see how it appeals to you. Take some pics and share if you can - I have a feeling they'll be very well received!
razor4077 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks