Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2015, 14:44   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auxiliary Lamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Thanks
I agree on the difference between spot & spread beam lights, What I intended to say was to increase the lumens of the lights by changing the original bulbs with any other good h11 bulbs.
I have Lightforce 240 Blitz lamps (not using it & just kept them idle), which has an adjustment for SPOT , SPREAD beam & combination of both just by rotating the lamps either to left or right.
I changed the bulbs in mine to Philips bluevision H3 bulbs; there is some change in lumen output, but not worth for the effort/cost. I changed the bulb for the light color factor.

But these lamps support 100w bulbs as well which may significantly increase lumen output. My seller told about many incidents of lamp plastic burning due to the heat produced in slow moving traffic conditions, hence stayed out of it.
Old 19th December 2015, 23:23   #167
BANNED

Any clue on where I can get a pair of hellas installed?

Welding+Primer/powder coat
DELHI NCR
Thanks
Old 10th January 2016, 15:25   #168

Hello Friends, I am new here, and don't have much experience regarding technical matters. Hence, please correct and guide me if I go wrong.
I want to put a pair of auxiliary lights for my Xylo H8, for night driving on the Highway.
I have roughly narrowed down my choice to the following Hella lights:
1) Rallye 3000 / Rallye 3000FF / Rallye 3000 Compact
2) Rallye 4000/ Rallye 4000 FF/ Rallye 4000 Compact
3) Rallye 700FF
4) Rallye 1000 Black Magic

Now, I am unable to decide which pair would give me the best driving pattern and reach/throw . Also I am somewhat confused regarding the practical differences between the FF, Compact versions.
Please feel free to guide me on any other aspect, that you think relevant, regarding the effictiveness, durability and costing of the above lights.
Thanks in Advance !
SDM
Old 21st January 2016, 12:13   #169
BHPian

Auxiliary Lights are one of the best options for increased lighting requirements for driving on Indian roads. Be it Hella, Lightforce, KC Hilites, Neolites, Roolites etc. I have no knowledge of Hella products you have mentioned above, but I got the below pair of Auxiliary lights from one of the ads within team BHP and very satisfied with its look and light throw.
Pic1 is the lights on my Thar and Pic 2 is the light throw comparison with stock beam and Auxiliary lights. These lights are spot lights 100W HID.
Attached Thumbnails
Auxiliary Lamps-dsc_2160.jpg  

Auxiliary Lamps-stock-vs-aux-lights-throw.jpg  

Raikkonen is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 19:04   #170

Thanks Raikkonen, I have already brought a pair of Hella Rallye 700 FF , from Sachin's Auto Shop , in Bangalore. Currently in the process of getting them installed on my Xylo .
Would like to post an update on them after using them on the highway.
SDM
Old 2nd February 2016, 11:40   #171

As a follow up to my last post I am giving the pictures of my new Hella Rallye 700FF lamps . And also the actual light output shots taken at night.
Hope this helps !

The night shots are given in the following order.
1) Only the Low Beams
2) Only High Beams
3) Only Hella Rallye 700FF
Attached Thumbnails
Auxiliary Lamps-bhp-1.jpg  

Auxiliary Lamps-bhp-2.jpg  

Auxiliary Lamps-tbhp-low-beam.jpg  

Auxiliary Lamps-tbhp-high-beam.jpg  

Auxiliary Lamps-tbhp-hella.jpg  

SDM Photoblitz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 12:29   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDM Photoblitz View Post
As a follow up to my last post I am giving the pictures of my new Hella Rallye 700FF lamps . And also the actual light output shots taken at night.
Hope this helps !

The night shots are given in the following order.
1) Only the Low Beams
2) Only High Beams
Please never drive with your Hella high beam on in 2 lane roads with oncoming traffic. The way you focused makes their eyes blind

Last edited by arjithin : 2nd February 2016 at 12:50.
arjithin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 12:43   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And also the actual light output shots taken at night.

Can you post a pic of the output taken where there are no nights, like how Raikkonen has above ?

And agree with Arijith :
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
The way your (lights are) focused makes their eyes blind

Last edited by condor : 2nd February 2016 at 13:05.
Old 2nd February 2016, 14:08   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Please never drive with your Hella high beam on in 2 lane roads with oncoming traffic. The way you focused makes their eyes blind
Sure, Mr. Arjithin, these lights are only meant for highway travel. I am expecting to undertake a Calcutta-Bangalore trip in the next month, where I expect some night driving on the NH5 and NH7 . These lights are likely to be used at those times .

Quote:
Can you post a pic of the output taken where there are no nights, like how Raikkonen has above ?
Mr. Condor did you mean to say that, you want a picture taken only by the street lights ? If so, i will try to do so, when i find time to go to that same location once more.

And, finally, can you please tell me, if I have aligned the Hella lights wrongly, and if so, what should be the correct position. Please understand, that I am interested in seeing as far ahead as possible, while moving at high speeds on a good highway at night.
Thanks.
Old 4th February 2016, 23:35   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sure, Mr. Arjithin, these lights are only meant for highway travel.
Thanks. I strongly suggest you keep the focus a bit lower and a bit to the left side. As long as you are driving in the 100-110 kmph range, that arrangement will give you enough visibility.

I on the other hand kept my car's aux light focussed closer to the car, targeting pot-holes and pedestrians in front. I am using Highbeam for far. This arrangement gives a lot more flexibility to use in varying road and speed conditions and can be adjusted with high beam leveling switch instead of a spanner.

have a look here
arjithin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 00:02   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mr. Condor did you mean to say that, you want a picture taken only by the street lights ? If so, i will try to do so, when i find time to go to that same location once more.

And, finally, can you please tell me, if I have aligned the Hella lights wrongly, and if so, what should be the correct position. Please understand, that I am interested in seeing as far ahead as possible, while moving at high speeds on a good highway at night.
Thanks.
1) Pics with the hella on, but no street / other lights

2). The lamps should not be pointing above the horizontal at any time. Ideally, they would point little down such that the road is also illuminated at a suitable distance. The distance would depend on speed you will drive at. I would suggest that you drive out on one of these weekends, and work out a suitable focus point.

Having the lamps set for max distance is not always the right / best option.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 12:10   #177

Quote:
I am using Highbeam for far. This arrangement gives a lot more flexibility to use in varying road and speed conditions and can be adjusted with high beam leveling switch instead of a spanner.
Thank you arjithin for the above guidance. It seems to be a very useful arrangement, but the only problem might be the strength of my original high beam lamps, or rather the lack of it :( But, I think that, I need to lower them a bit and move a bit to the left as you said ! Thanks once more .
Quote:
1) Pics with the hella on, but no street / other lights
That's going to be a bit difficult condor. Every where in Calcutta there are bound to be street lights. I need to go completely out of the city limits to get such conditions.
Quote:
2). The lamps should not be pointing above the horizontal at any time. Ideally, they would point little down such that the road is also illuminated at a suitable distance.
Thanks for the advice, I will keep your points in mind when readjusting the Hellas !
SDM
Old 11th March 2016, 15:51   #178
BHPian

Do we know a dealer in Delhi NCR who retails authentic Lighforce Products?

I found a dealer in Coimbatore and he is willing to ship to Delhi, but I fear damage in transit.
Old 22nd March 2016, 22:01   #179
SBR
BHPian

Posting my query here.

I currently have philips extreme vision bulbs installed in my ritz with stock specs. However, I find it not very helpful during rains, night driving or rainy season.

Any suggestions on the following within a budget of 7 - 8 K max;

Good pair of lamps which will add to extra lighting
What bulbs to be used

advise.
SBR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 23:51   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR View Post
Posting my query here.

I currently have philips extreme vision bulbs installed in my ritz with stock specs. However, I find it not very helpful during rains, night driving or rainy season.

Any suggestions on the following within a budget of 7 - 8 K max;

Good pair of lamps which will add to extra lighting
What bulbs to be used

advise.
I was pretty happy with my Ritz with extreme vision bulbs. You can go with Hella 500Ff with the oem bulbs if your budget is 7k.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks