Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2012, 15:23   #61
BHPian

Re: Auxiliary Lamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
UPDATE:Last month I bought 2 pairs of NOE 1010 at 1700/- from above shop.
Jeepster: How good are Neolite compared to hella.
I am planning to put it on my WagonR on Bumper Guard as a Plug in Setup. Will Fit lamps when going on Long Trip involving night drive and will remove it when used in City. Thinking to do it before friday.

Nanapeth is just 30 min from my place.
Old 26th September 2012, 18:11   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
I am planning to put it on my WagonR on Bumper Guard as a Plug in Setup. Will Fit lamps when going on Long Trip involving night drive and will remove it when used in City. Thinking to do it before friday.
A pair of hella 700ff (spot beam) is around 5500/-.

A pair of neo 1010 (driving beam) is around 850~900/-.

But at above price the Neo 1010 are VFM product.

No worries if you break them or if they get stolen.

Just get a Pair of Phillips 100W H3 bulbs.

I have just installed them on my Xenon XT.

cost
  • 1 pair Neo 1010 850/-
  • 1 Minda Headlight relay 200/-
  • 5mm wire 90/-
  • switch 25/-
  • clips 15/-
  • labor 150/-
some pics.
Auxiliary Lamps-dsc00625-large.jpg

Auxiliary Lamps-dsc00630-2-large.jpg

rgds,
Nikhil
jeepster is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2012, 18:14   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi View Post
I have installed original Hella Rallye 1000 on my Gypsy...
Amazing throw if you use the right king of wiring harness with proper cut-outs.
You can check it out here.
A fresh question to a quiet old post - How does a wiring harness or cutout improve the throw of light?

Thanks
--R
Old 26th September 2012, 21:35   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashm99 View Post
MRP of the Rayzer Kit in India is only 25k ! ...Installation hardly took around 10 minutes. Dealer (Popular Car Accessroies, Malad, Mumbai) didn't charge me anything extra for installation.
I read somewhere that the aux lights should be placed at par with the headlights or below it. Other wise it's considered as illaegal. In this case, Rayzer is clearly illegal right? Is it wise to spend a 25K on such a thing?

Also doesn't the beam hurt other vehicles drivers, with the same seating position?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
A fresh question to a quiet old post - How does a wiring harness or cutout improve the throw of light?...
Cut out / relay is NOT to improve lighting. It is rather used as a safety measure to prevent the wires / switches burning out due to the extra power withdrawal! You can think of this as a "fuse" which prevents short circuits etc!
Old 3rd October 2012, 06:43   #65
BHPian

Hey guys, I got a pair of Neolite 1010 lights installed on my Waggie.

The installation was a bit of a pain, as the Waggie doesn't come with a metal bar behind the front bumper.

Had to resort to some old school welding and tinkering to create a custom bracket, welded to the chassis.

Here are some install pics, sorry for the poor quality, they were clicked in my non - autofocus phone camera:

As you can see there is no metal bar behind the bumper to fix a bracket to in the Waggie.

Auxiliary Lamps-imag0077.jpg

Auxiliary Lamps-imag0082.jpg

So this is what I came up with.

Auxiliary Lamps-imag0084.jpg

Auxiliary Lamps-imag0085.jpg

Yep, even I think its very crude!

The end result

Auxiliary Lamps-imag0083.jpg

And once the installation is complete.

Auxiliary Lamps-imag0086.jpg
Speed.Demon is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2012, 09:04   #66
BHPian

Hi All
I had fitted a pair of Lightforce lights on my unc's scorpio. Specifically
Pros
  1. Straight forward install on the nudge bar
  2. Great throw of light

Cons
  1. You need to adjust it a couple of times to get the right angle
  2. Its prone to theft, though if you weld it, it makes it difficult
  3. Lightforce doesnt come with any covers

Hope this helps.
Old 7th November 2012, 12:49   #67
BHPian

Hi Speed.Demon,

I have also installed Hella 700FF using a L shaped clamp. Could you please let us know if the light installed in your car vibrated during rough patch of road.

Thanks.
Old 7th November 2012, 13:46   #68
Senior - BHPian

Fixed the Comet 500's set on my Figo 1.2. Out come was satisfactory regarding brightness as well as looks.

The clamp was the problem as I had no clue where to fix them. The bumper was removed and the front beam already had few holes out of which two were made big to fix the clamp. When looked from the front, the clamps come out of the slat just above the number plate.
Wiring and relay fixed with a switch right behind the steering wheel.

Changed the bulbs to 100w as well which made a huge difference since otherwise the difference between the aux and the main headlamps was hardly any.

Overall good work from Autoshop, Koramangla except the clamp work took ages.

Attaching pics of the front beam and the lights .
Attached Thumbnails
Auxiliary Lamps-p7220724.jpg  

Auxiliary Lamps-img402.jpg  

Auxiliary Lamps-img403.jpg  

tharian is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 18th December 2012, 04:57   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi Speed.Demon,

I have also installed Hella 700FF using a L shaped clamp. Could you please let us know if the light installed in your car vibrated during rough patch of road.

Thanks.
Sorry for the ridiculously long delay in seeing your post.

No vibrations noticed yet while driving. Perhaps because I slow down like hell whenever I spot a big pothole.

Last edited by Speed.Demon : 18th December 2012 at 04:59.
Old 8th May 2013, 16:57   #70
Senior - BHPian

My car also joined the Neolite bandwagon recently:

I was evaluating different options and decided on neolite because it was true VFM. I spent almost 2 weeks trying to find a good place to get them fixed (). I did bug Condor a lot too, thank you for your patience), but could not find any place at Bangalore - the only place I was comfortable with quoted INR 1500 for the installation (Relay, switches etc at actuals.
A trip to Kerala was on the cards, so I decided to get the lights fixed from my home town.
After reaching home, I took the car to my trusted mechs place to get his opinion about fixing the driving lights - he guided me to the correct people and we fixed the driving lights. I took the car to a lathe shop and got the bumper removed there. The guys at lathe shop took the measurements for making the L clamps and spot welded the clamps on the metal beam behind the front bumper.

The electrical guy then came and did the initial part of wiring and we fixed the bumper back. After that, I took the car to the electrical shop (a stone’s throw away from the lathe shop) and there we worked on the wiring. The guy was a real pro, and did a very good and neat job - it took him almost 3 hours to complete the job. The switch was placed neatly inside the cubby hole on the left side near the steering (Just below the left side AC vent, where the higher models have switches for headlight beam adjustment etc).

The materials used:

Finolex 5mm automotive grade wire - 7 mtrs
Sleeve for covering the wire - 7 mtrs
Relay (PNP make) - 1
Blade type fuse holder with 30A fuse (Roots make) - 1
Piano switch (heavy duty) - 1
Spade connectors
Insulation tape

Total labor cost - 200 for removing and remounting the bumper, 150 for lathe work, 200 for electrical work.

Unfortunately, I could not take any wip pictures other than just the pics after removing the bumper.

Auxiliary Lamps-dsc_9998.jpg

Verdict: The light throw is good. Now I can see road even if the oncoming traffic do not dim their headlights. I used the light while driving back from Kerala and the early morning drive (started at 4 am) was much easier.

The Final Look:

Auxiliary Lamps-dsc_0030.jpg
theexperthand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th May 2013, 15:43   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand;3116429
[ATTACH
1081877[/ATTACH]

Verdict: The light throw is good. Now I can see road even if the oncoming traffic do not dim their headlights. I used the light while driving back from Kerala and the early morning drive (started at 4 am) was much easier.

The Final Look:

Attachment 1081878
The car looks good,but its really close to the number plate.I can almost see the K partially hidden.Hope the cops don't harrass you for that.
rakesh_r is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2013, 15:54   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
The car looks good,but its really close to the number plate.I can almost see the K partially hidden.Hope the cops don't harrass you for that.
Touch wood. I also hope the same
Old 20th May 2013, 16:26   #73
Senior - BHPian

I fitted aux lamps on my Figo couple of months back, just got around to writing about it

Please see this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...e-my-figo.html for more details.
Old 16th June 2013, 22:51   #74
Senior - BHPian

Rallye 3003 compacts on my Swift. Rallye 3003 Compact shares the same optics as that of the Rallye 4000 Compact, and it packs a nice punch eventhough its small. If you're looking for one of these and don't want metal build quality of 4000 compacts choose these instead.

Clamps with gusset welding to cut down the vibes. The yellow primer has been painted over with matt black spray paint. Anyway its hidden.
Auxiliary Lamps-20130601_111826.jpg

From the front. The 3003 Compact imho is appropriate for this car. The larger 3003 will look good on an SUV.
Auxiliary Lamps-p1010139.jpg

Close up of the lamp and clear lens optics. Bulb is H1 55W Osram Nightbreaker Plus.
Auxiliary Lamps-p1010141.jpg

Low beam
Auxiliary Lamps-p1010207.jpg

High beam + Rallye 30003 compacts
Auxiliary Lamps-p1010208.jpg

I don't feel the need to upgrade the headlamp or Hellas to 90/100W and 100W respectively. With Osram Nightbreakers in all the lamps i find the illumination enough.

Last edited by Sankar : 16th June 2013 at 22:53.
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2013, 23:51   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
By the look of Punto and Ford. the front cross member are really made to protect the intercooler or radiator of the card.

Swift and my Ritz's especially, it looks like they are made to damage the radiator on the first instance of impact. i did a detail inspection when i was fitting the light myself. The cross member is hardly 250 grams worth or crap metal.
SirAlec is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks