Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2008, 11:20   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
SORRY TO interupt. but one question arises in my mind is that if u are at a fuel station and u suddenly accelerate and a flame is thrown out. isnt it dangerous?
i am saying this because one day while filling fuel in my bike the luna in front of me started and there was a "fattrrr" sound from the exhaust and suddenly there was a big flame which lasted only for few milliseconds.
i was so horrified , all would have blown up if there were more fuel vapours in air.
Well i think there is a switch "ON" "OFF" for flame throwers,so when you need to show-off you can ON it.

Can someone provide a Design layout on how is it done?
Old 14th May 2008, 13:47   #62
Senior - BHPian

Its just not petrol pumps, it freaks me out normally too.Yea! for visual pleasure its a big boost somehow someone like me is totally uncomfortable.
Old 14th May 2008, 13:58   #63
Senior - BHPian

Is there anything by chance the flame goes reverse than rather coming out will it blow the engine ehh.

Last edited by ramie2400 : 14th May 2008 at 13:59.
Old 14th May 2008, 14:00   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Is there anything by chance the flame goes reverse than rather coming out it might blow the engine ehh.

maybe if you redline while in the reverse gear
Old 14th May 2008, 14:04   #65
BHPian

here's the diagram for the wiring kit !!

I have made the flame thrower by myself!!!

If anyone need it i can provide you !!!

costing is around 2k with fitting but telling you the main weakest point is that it will not work with the stock exhaust system !!

you must have the straight pipe with a performance exhaust (one with a big tip) for the best result!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Flame Throwers / Flames from exhaust-flame-thrower.jpg  

Old 14th May 2008, 17:13   #66
BHPian

Wonder what will happen if someone was to set off the flame thrower in bumper to bumper traffic..The car behind him will be roast turkey . Anyways, i guess if there is excess waste fuel comming on to the exhaust then the flame can be pretty big, so how do they contain the amount of flame generated also if there is a chance of reversal of flame into the exhaust then the first thing to hit would be the catalytic converter. Would there be any chance of the flame catching on the residue within the exhaust probably when the exhaust pressure is less during engine idle or if the flamethrower is to be activated when the engine is not running, so as to reach the converter? might be a stupid question but i am just curious to know so dont "flame" me u guys
Old 28th May 2008, 16:47   #67
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayaati View Post
here's the diagram for the wiring kit !!

I have made the flame thrower by myself!!!

If anyone need it i can provide you !!!

costing is around 2k with fitting but telling you the main weakest point is that it will not work with the stock exhaust system !!

you must have the straight pipe with a performance exhaust (one with a big tip) for the best result!!!

do you mind putting out the detalis of the parts.
Old 28th May 2008, 18:52   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooldude View Post
yeah i have also heard of them and saw the product available at PERFORMANCERACINGSTORE.COM :: this domain is for sale now that site isnt working the owner's name was Prasad Divadkar i saw him on tv show on men maange more displaying his 1000 RR
this is the correct link
h
Old 29th May 2008, 12:11   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
Its just not petrol pumps, it freaks me out normally too.Yea! for visual pleasure its a big boost somehow someone like me is totally uncomfortable.

This one looks cool in videos but in the reality it will really freak me out of the world man when one does this unexpectedly .
Old 1st June 2008, 18:47   #70
BHPian

You guys were very sucessful in confusing me!

Before reading this thread i had the idea that FLAME throwers can NOT be fitted into a desiel engine cause THE DIESEL COMING OUT OF THE EXHAUST PIPE CAN NOT BE BURNED WITH A SPARK PLUG...

ONLY PETROL CAN START BURNING FOR SUCH a SPARK FROM THE SPARK PLUG RITE!
=========================================
leaving that in mind...
is this thread talking about an alternate way to produce flame from the exhaust.... which works on a DIESEL ENGINE ?

If so please explain in short words

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd June 2008 at 01:17. Reason: All-bold removed. Thanks for not using all-caps, next time around.
Old 9th June 2008, 15:59   #71
BHPian

Imagine this---- Your are coming back from office leasurily at 40-60 ,Ac on, "doors" playing, Bliss..... Suddenly out of the blues one of these errant mobikers starts zip-zapping in front you , what you do... either let him pass... or rev up, move past him, and press the button of your flame thrower when u r right in front him, see how he vanishes from your rear view mirror.Oh yeah u have a devilish . and this, my friend is not street legal though.Pushpak's (sorry cant remember his id) Baleno here in Kolkata has the thing installed and yesterday I had a first -hand glimpse how spooked people can become when suddenly a flame leaps out of the exhaust.

How is it done,at high rev when u hit the switch, the engine is temporarily bypassed and compressed fuel is injected directly in the exhaust, due to high temperature of the exhaust this fuel heats up and at the tail end theres an ignitor which ignites the fuel as soon as it comes in contact with Oxygen.

I think we should be extremely caustious while instaling and using this.

=cheers:=
Old 9th June 2008, 16:20   #72
BHPian

Lets talk about diesel engines, is there a way to make the flame thrower work on it ?
Old 20th October 2008, 17:50   #73
BHPian

okay i read this somewhere so i am posting it . i dont know if it works or not . so fellows please comment :-

All you need is a car, a sparkplug, ignition wire and a switch. Install the spark plug into the last four or five inches of the tailpipeby drilling a hole that the plug can screw into easily. Attach the wire (this is regular insulated wire) to one side of the switch and to the spark plug. The other side of the switch is attached to the positive terminal on the battery. With the car running, simply hit the switch and watch the flames fly!!! Again be careful that no one is behind you! I have seen some of these flames go 20 feet!!!
Old 10th May 2010, 19:26   #74
Senior - BHPian

Flame-Thrower Kit!!!

just came across this advertisement(in this months OVERDRIVE) for a flame-thrower kit(single and double exhaust).it is being sold by a retailer in Delhi.
so guys,what's your take on it and anyone planning to go for it?

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th May 2010 at 20:24. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread, similar thread. Thanks
shyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2010, 21:13   #75
Senior - BHPian

Looks and sounds like crap. Real (functional and not for show) flames from the exhaust can be had by using antilag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks