Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2009, 13:47   #1
BHPian

Additional Lights for the Scorpio

Hi,

I am planning to put additional head lights for my scorpio.
I am thinking of either going for Heall or for LightForce. I am thinking of extremly powerful headlights.

The only intension to put these additional lamps is to switch them on only if the truckers on the high way don't dip there high beams when I dip my default head lights.

Can someone suggest where I can put them in bangalore and the cost and if LightForce is better or Hella.
I am prefering to go for Xeon Lamps as they seem to be powerful. But I am not able to find the exact model.

Can someone please suggest me.

-pakku
Old 15th October 2009, 14:05   #2
BHPian

HIDs for the Scorpio are H4. Look for 4300k to 5000k for the best visibility.
Lightforce are huge lights, really good at lighting up the road but cost about 20k a set IIRC.
Hella 500s or 3000s are also decent. I have Hella 500s and coupled with my 90/130s and 55w stock driving lights I dont spend too much time in the dark
Old 15th October 2009, 14:55   #3
BHPian

Thanks for the reply.

Where can I buy lightforce in bangalore. And can i fit Xeon lamps for lightforce.
which model in lightforce should i be chose. I don't mind paying 20K.

-Pakku
Old 15th October 2009, 15:11   #4
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest you go for the Lightforce 240 Blitz. They are a class apart. Rally 2000 from Hella are quite good and cheaper, however they are not available on the shelf now.

Try pit stop I recollect seeing a pair of 240 blitz there.

Last edited by beejay : 15th October 2009 at 15:12. Reason: typo error
Old 10th November 2009, 09:14   #5
BHPian

Light Force

Please find attached Light Force Product brochure. Very informative.
Found a shop in Coimbatore selling Light Force.

Cosy Raja
Scorpio SLX, Skoda TPI, Bullet STD350.
Old 10th November 2009, 09:19   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by COSY RAJA View Post
Please find attached Light Force Product brochure.
Where is the product brochure? Did you attach it properly?
Old 10th November 2009, 09:52   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingadalli View Post
The only intension to put these additional lamps is to switch them on only if the truckers on the high way don't dip there high beams when I dip my default head lights.
That's not what those lamps are meant for. It would be a dangerous practice to try and blind a truck driver who in any case may be inebriated at night, and can sideswipe your Scorpio in anger, with calamitous consequences for you.
Old 10th November 2009, 10:26   #8
Senior - BHPian

At the outset, please do not think of fitting powerful lamps if your only intention is to blind oncoming truckers. Believe me, if the trucker does not dip his high beams, its only because of lack of road etiquette, rather than a deliberate ploy to blind you. Plus acting tough with a vehicle double your size has its consequences!

Now to the bright lights part. Think of fitting xenons OR hella/lightforce. The xenons will go into your existing headlamp setup, and will give out a field of bright white light thats very good for lighting up long distances.

Hellas/LFs are very powerful driving lamps, and retrofitting them with xenons is really losing the point. Get 2 Hella Rallye 2000/3000, and that should really serve your purpose.

LF 240s are the most awesome lights (I'm contemplating them myself, see the Poject Nomad thread) but more expensive.
Old 10th November 2009, 11:37   #9
1001bhp

Quote:
Where can I buy lightforce in bangalore. And can i fit Xeon lamps for lightforce.
which model in lightforce should i be chose. I don't mind paying 20K.

-Pakku
Kumars auto agencies,Banashankari is the authorised dealer for light force in bangalore.But if i recall correctly the model 240 blitz with the halogens cost around 22.5 k and the one with the HIDs cost around 48Ks.And the top end model is the one to die for it is called 240 HID.it comes with a xenon bulb and the light output is one of the best in the world.but the price is also quite high.around 65k.so i would suggest you go for the 240 blitz with the halogens.worth the money spent.
Regards.

Old 10th November 2009, 12:32   #10
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I d like to say here that "the intention" of blinding oncoming traffic can have disastrous consequences for 1: the Oncoming traffic 2: Yourself.

As a responsible driver and road-user, I would suggest please dont put these super powerful lamps if this is the intention.

Quote:
Hi,

I am planning to put additional head lights for my scorpio.
I am thinking of either going for Heall or for LightForce. I am thinking of extremly powerful headlights.

Can someone suggest where I can put them in bangalore and the cost and if LightForce is better or Hella.
I am prefering to go for Xeon Lamps as they seem to be powerful. But I am not able to find the exact model.

Can someone please suggest me.

-pakku
Old 10th November 2009, 13:34   #11
Senior - BHPian

the other best option would be to simply get a pair of roo lights or a pair of lightforce lights.they will be better than getting a xenon light.
They might be a little more expensive than the normal xenon lights but worth every penny.
You can also check out my link .am doing a jeep for myself and getting quite a few lights.have uploaded pics of the roo and lightforce lights.
it will be under :
forum->4x4 offroading->vehicles->my new mm550!

Last edited by arjunrudra : 10th November 2009 at 13:36.
Old 10th November 2009, 14:19   #12
BHPian

Light Force

This time with the attachment.

Raja
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Light Force.pdf (1.35 MB, 2450 views)
Old 10th November 2009, 14:28   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
the other best option would be to simply get a pair of roo lights or a pair of lightforce lights.they will be better than getting a xenon light.
They might be a little more expensive than the normal xenon lights but worth every penny.
You can also check out my link .am doing a jeep for myself and getting quite a few lights.have uploaded pics of the roo and lightforce lights.
it will be under :
forum->4x4 offroading->vehicles->my new mm550!
You sure, you want some one to mount lights on the roof and that too a Scorp '.In an open top jeep it would make sense. Am sure there are better ways to do this.
lingadalli check out my scorp'. Simple and subtle no fancy stuff , does the trick for me.

Additional Lights for the Scorpio-3880334559_334e72e725_o-medium.jpg

Additional Lights for the Scorpio-dscf4226-medium.jpg
rjstyles69 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2009, 16:17   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
You sure, you want some one to mount lights on the roof and that too a Scorp '.In an open top jeep it would make sense. Am sure there are better ways to do this.
lingadalli check out my scorp'. Simple and subtle no fancy stuff , does the trick for me.

Attachment 225259

Attachment 225260
Well the lightforce lights I told you about are also placed at the same place as in the pictures of the white scorpio.Just that they look much better and are much more powerful.
It may something like this .
Attached Thumbnails
Additional Lights for the Scorpio-dsc03366.jpg  

Last edited by arjunrudra : 10th November 2009 at 16:19.
arjunrudra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2010, 22:49   #15
BHPian

Hi
Would anyone of you be able to help me get an answer to the question around the laws relating to the use (city/highway) of the extra spot lights. My friend was questioned by Chandigarh city police for installing them. It was day time and they were not in use but the cops were happy when a plastic cover was brought out and the lamps were covered. Is there any such law? Or is it city specific cops/laws.
I travel cross country a lot (quite a bit night travel as well) and have never been questioned by anyone in other parts of the country.
Rajain

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks