Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2010, 00:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Rajain,

I have read somewhere on a forum thread that as long as they are below your headlights they are legal. Anything above and you are breaking the law.
bigman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2010, 18:37   #17
BHPian

M&M has changed the headlight bulbs recently, did anyone get a chance to take a look to find if it is worth an up gradation?
Old 10th January 2010, 23:19   #18
BHPian

I have not seen the M&M headlights but I was conducting a survey of various spot lights (not fog, which I have as standard fitment) in Bangalore. You can get Hella Ralli 3000 and 5000 at around INR 8000-10000 minus installation. The Hella Ralli 5000 (I think) are big lights with a metal build and weigh around 4 kilos. My sense is even if the install is very good a fiber bumper would not be able to hold them well. The installation cost depends on where you want to install them-bumper or roof with additional work. The starting range of Lightforce is 14000 INR onwards. Yes they are very light and really solid (build). Bullet from a small arm can bounce off, water won't seek in, the weight is as less as 500 grms and the light is worth every penny spent on them. Just get the install done well. My recommendation on the installs would be a small iron plank coming from under the bumper to hold them. Yes in that way they would project about 6" ahead of the car so anyone with a smaller garage should notice. But my survey has shown Lightforce to be much much better in terms of light, build and quality.
Old 11th January 2010, 15:49   #19
BHPian

I recently installed Hella 700FF on my Scorpio. I got them installed on the bull bar. The lights seem to be good but there is a slight shake especially during idle / slow speeds. Experts what is the solution for the same.
Old 18th January 2010, 20:29   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Rajain,

I have read somewhere on a forum thread that as long as they are below your headlights they are legal. Anything above and you are breaking the law.
Bigman
Of all the various metros in our country only Chandigarh police seem to have an issue with extra spot lights. The way they implement the law (and no most of the times they don't take a spot payment rather issue a challan) is that all high beam (from the main headlamp) is also not premitted in the city. So even high beam is challaned. For the extra spot lights they say not just don't use but also cover them.
All the other cities, including Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore,Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Pune don't really have an issue with spot lights just that they should not be 'on' in the city. But it could be the way law in interpreted by local cops. For instance in Pune seat belt in a car is an absolute must but helmet for two wheelers is not.
Old 6th March 2010, 23:54   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
You sure, you want some one to mount lights on the roof and that too a Scorp '.In an open top jeep it would make sense. Am sure there are better ways to do this.
lingadalli check out my scorp'. Simple and subtle no fancy stuff , does the trick for me.

Attachment 225259

Attachment 225260
nicely done. however i feel scorpio grills are too good looking to be hidden by extra lights and bull bars. am looking for something whichis lower...
Old 29th March 2010, 02:02   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Bumping up an old thread

hey guys, I have a pair of fog lamps with me which I want to fit on my swift. The make is of honda and it comes with clamps and all fitted to the lamps. The maruti guys are not fixing this lamps saying that they need to drill the bumpers or so. Could you tell me any garages where they do a nice work of installing fog lamps? I am also planning for Hella Ralley series.

Last time I checked with Autoshop, they said Rallye 2000 & 4000 are available and 1000 is out of production! any insights?
Old 3rd April 2010, 22:19   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
hey guys, I have a pair of fog lamps with me which I want to fit on my swift. The make is of honda and it comes with clamps and all fitted to the lamps. The maruti guys are not fixing this lamps saying that they need to drill the bumpers or so. Could you tell me any garages where they do a nice work of installing fog lamps? I am also planning for Hella Ralley series.

Last time I checked with Autoshop, they said Rallye 2000 & 4000 are available and 1000 is out of production! any insights?
You can try Car Fittings in Double Road. I had my Lightforce installed there couple of weeks back. Take a left after the HDFC bank if you are coming from Lalbagh gate towards the double road flyover. His name is Basha. He charges 1400 /-
Old 27th April 2010, 18:00   #24
BHPian

Quote:
You sure, you want some one to mount lights on the roof and that too a Scorp '.In an open top jeep it would make sense. Am sure there are better ways to do this.
lingadalli check out my scorp'. Simple and subtle no fancy stuff , does the trick for me.

Attachment 225259

Attachment 225260
Looks really cool. It matches the white Scorp very much. Can you please provide the costing etc?
Old 27th April 2010, 19:22   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperRider View Post
Looks really cool. It matches the white Scorp very much. Can you please provide the costing etc?
Thanks casperRider. I paid something like 6k or so and Satya(blueraven316) sourced them for me. More details here.
Old 27th April 2010, 19:33   #26
Senior - BHPian

rjstyles69 your scorpio looks great, what about the lamp mountings, how have you secured them? Does it vibrate?

Spike
Old 27th April 2010, 20:51   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
rjstyles69 your scorpio looks great, what about the lamp mountings, how have you secured them? Does it vibrate?

Spike
spike thanks man. Its mounted using a bracket which has been designed specifically for these lights and they don't vibrate.
Old 28th April 2010, 11:50   #28
BHPian

@rjstyles69- Thanks for the details, buddy. One question that comes to my mind is- how to protect them from accessory lifters, something that happens regularly in public parking areas?
Old 28th April 2010, 13:44   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brand india View Post
nicely done. however i feel scorpio grills are too good looking to be hidden by extra lights and bull bars. am looking for something whichis lower...
No offense I hate the chrome on the front grill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperRider View Post
@rjstyles69- Thanks for the details, buddy. One question that comes to my mind is- how to protect them from accessory lifters, something that happens regularly in public parking areas?
casperrider honestly no idea man. Out here no one generally dare come close to the vehicle . I have noticed that even when parked somewhere people seldom come and lean on it , except for once in my office car parking . Some dude had put his coffee mug on the bonnet and was lighting his cigarette.

With the other car I experience this very often, people checking their pooped faces by turning/twisting the RVM. Tapping the car while walking by it yaada yaada.
Old 28th April 2010, 15:30   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No offense I hate the chrome on the front grill.
Same here. Does Mahindra give a choice not to have the chrome on the front grill? Is this something that can be done while buying?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks