Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2009, 10:38   #166
BHPian

Awesome pic's guys,seriously ! I never had thought you would actually shape up that thermacol to match the sketch you had drawn.Brilliant.

Now i am more desperate to see the complete profiling done.

All the best.
Old 19th December 2009, 11:05   #167
Senior - BHPian

The pictures look promising. All the best to you guys. Hope you come out with a marvel.
Old 19th December 2009, 11:56   #168
BHPian

Its Shaping up really well. Love the profiling work by Nigel. Great going guys.
Old 19th December 2009, 12:13   #169
Senior - BHPian

Nice work on profiling guys, expecting a desi camaro :-)
Old 19th December 2009, 12:28   #170
BHPian

nice WIP pics. Hope to see the outcome soon. All the best guys
Old 19th December 2009, 13:23   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Nice work on profiling guys, expecting a desi camaro :-)
hmmm..buddy i would again like to correct you. 'Indian camaro?' We Indians are capable enough that we can have a product of our own and not associate it with something OEMs in other company's have developed.

i would also state that we need to change the way we think..we Indians are not inferior to anyone. and would also like to see a day when other people around the world say that" its an Indian car" rather than a lookalike.

what say? you guys agree?
Old 19th December 2009, 13:41   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post
i would also state that we need to change the way we think..we Indians are not inferior to anyone. and would also like to see a day when other people around the world say that" its an Indian car" rather than a lookalike.

+ 1 . I agree
Old 19th December 2009, 14:04   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post
hmmm..buddy i would again like to correct you. 'Indian camaro?' We Indians are capable enough that we can have a product of our own and not associate it with something OEMs in other company's have developed.

I second u on that..
The car is shaping up very well, Cannot wait to see the completed pics.
Old 19th December 2009, 16:19   #174
Senior - BHPian

Hey konjaril,nice to see those classic lines in thermocol coming up! They look really neat

Naturally(!),out of curiosity,
1) Don't you think the wheels might end up looking smallish/puny?Considering the lines of your concept,bigger wheels/tyres coupled with large flared wheel arches should cause more visual symmetry,otherwise the whole thing might end up looking a tad less original and ungainly.(that's just my opinion as an amateur designer!)

2) Won't shoe-horning a V8 into a Conti cause serious ramifications in the chassis and drivetrain.Can the chassis handle the extra torque/power? .What modifications have you thought about this?
Old 19th December 2009, 17:02   #175
BHPian

this thread Kinda reminds me of the overhaulin with Chip Foose
Old 19th December 2009, 17:23   #176
BHPian

This looks more detailed work to me as compared to Overhaulin' with Chip Foose

This is "Make Over with Nigel"
Old 19th December 2009, 17:59   #177
Senior - BHPian

Sorry I take my words back (desi Camaro). Yes we Indians are capable of doing things better than others,I completely agree with you guys.

Lets not waste our time discussing this off-topic.
Old 19th December 2009, 21:57   #178
BHPian

Updates for Today

Hi Mates

The Work is Progressing on the fast lane and we have updates for you.

Nigel has finished profiling the right rear part of the car,

Here are the pics for you

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-rear.jpg

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-rear2.jpg

Thanks

REITZ
Old 19th December 2009, 22:14   #179
BHPian

More Updates

Hi Mates

By the end of today, Nigel planned to get the next layer on to the thermocol, so that he can start finishing up with the areas that are complete/ near completion.

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-full2.jpg

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-full.jpg

Nigel and sunil went for shopping this evening and returned back with surprise, they are not Going in for FIBER GLASS BODY, but a more tough and light weight material is going to be used.

I am not sure about the name of the material but when I touched it, I was amazed and could not believe that this is going to be tougher than Fiber Glass.

I asked these guys if thats going to pump up their expenses over the car, They replied with smile that its worth spending for the quality that they have targeted.

Here is the Pic of the material
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-specialmaterial.jpg

Will Keep you posted on updates

REITZ
Old 19th December 2009, 22:43   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Hey konjaril,nice to see those classic lines in thermocol coming up! They look really neat

Naturally(!),out of curiosity,
1) Don't you think the wheels might end up looking smallish/puny?Considering the lines of your concept,bigger wheels/tyres coupled with large flared wheel arches should cause more visual symmetry,otherwise the whole thing might end up looking a tad less original and ungainly.(that's just my opinion as an amateur designer!)

2) Won't shoe-horning a V8 into a Conti cause serious ramifications in the chassis and drivetrain.Can the chassis handle the extra torque/power? .What modifications have you thought about this?
Hmmm i totally understand your doubts. regarding the wheel we had an option of 19 inchers but there comes into play the sheer height of the car. and to drop it down we needed to lower the suspension to quite an extend. what you see here on the car seems puny is because we are going to take the wheels still jutting out. we. have not followed the exact lines from the sketches as we were going with the flow. also the pics i think don't do any justice. you will surely see what i am talking about in some days.

As for the engine work ,yes we are strengthening the engine bay ,firewall and making it heavier at the rear. also i would like to spell out one more thing..i don't know how many guys know him, but my engine is being built and mated into the car by Mr. Ashraf Sheikh, one of the most knowledgeable guys in India for engines and i am not exaggerating. He used to write articles and car reviews on autocar long time back i suppose. So i guess i am not at all worried about that part. i can vouch for him. He is like a Wikipedia on engines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reitz View Post
Hi Mates

By the end of today, Nigel planned to get the next layer on to the thermocol, so that he can start finishing up with the areas that are complete/ near completion.

Nigel and sunil went for shopping this evening and returned back with surprise, they are not Going in for FIBER GLASS BODY, but a more tough and light weight material is going to be used.

I am not sure about the name of the material but when I touched it, I was amazed and could not believe that this is going to be tougher than Fiber Glass.

I asked these guys if thats going to pump up their expenses over the car, They replied with smile that its worth spending for the quality that they have targeted.

Here is the Pic of the material

Will Keep you posted on updates

REITZ
Well i would like to correct, it is FRP. but yes a very high quality one. The Bentleys bumpers are made by this material its called roving.so instead of using the fibre matt we are going to use the roving material. well kind of a substitute for carbon fiber.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks