Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2009, 22:59   #181
BHPian

Man i cant wait to see this car running on Pune Streets

Don't have much knowledge about the work you guys are doing.

But the car is really turning out to be HOT !
Old 19th December 2009, 23:13   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post
Hmmm i totally understand your doubts. regarding the wheel we had an option of 19 inchers but there comes into play the sheer height of the car. and to drop it down we needed to lower the suspension to quite an extend. what you see here on the car seems puny is because we are going to take the wheels still jutting out. we. have not followed the exact lines from the sketches as we were going with the flow.
Yes,I thought about the height problem later on.Lowering the suspension(you obviously have to rework it anyway,because of the added weight of the V8) and cutting out bigger wheel arches to accommodate 19s() would have solved the problem! And then it will be some looker!

Lets see how the beast shapes itself up! Eagerly waiting!
Old 19th December 2009, 23:16   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Yes,I thought about the height problem later on.Lowering the suspension(you obviously have to rework it anyway,because of the added weight of the V8) and cutting out bigger wheel arches to accommodate 19s() would have solved the problem! And then it will be some looker!

Lets see how the beast shapes itself up! Eagerly waiting!
yes but talking about it and doing it is a completely different ball game. well let the pictures do the talking what say?
Old 19th December 2009, 23:32   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post
yes but talking about it and doing it is a completely different ball game. well let the pictures do the talking what say?
Sure! Sure! And what plans about the interiors?
Slightly OT but what about the structural rigidity of the new body shell? This is a new concept from grounds-up and making all the bits work together will prove to be quite a challenge!

The front's shaping up to be real nice.Got some excellent design influences.Maybe one day we can both do up an Indian supercar together! What say?
Old 19th December 2009, 23:46   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Sure! Sure! And what plans about the interiors?
Slightly OT but what about the structural rigidity of the new body shell? This is a new concept from grounds-up and making all the bits work together will prove to be quite a challenge!

The front's shaping up to be real nice.Got some excellent design influences.Maybe one day we can both do up an Indian supercar together! What say?
Dear Ayan

if these guys were not prepared first place I would have not even got them to Team-BHP.

Nigel and sunil have planned something extremely impressive on the interiors, but never revealed what is that they are planning.

I am confident but curious to know their plans, as far as I know its going to be a Digital Dash ( CUSTOM MADE), yes a friend of Sunil is working on this.

Sunil asked me to keep his name and company name pretty confidential, so cannot reveal it.

Truly, I see a lot more than commitment or dedication from Sunil and Nigel.

I would say a true passion!.

Mates correct me if I am wrong.

these guys can go that extra mile to achieve what is needed.

REITZ
Old 20th December 2009, 20:57   #186
BHPian

Updates for Sunday

Hi Mates

here are the updates for today,

Nigel and team has started working on the lambi for the Right portion of the car.

You can now clearly see the sharp lines,

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-1.jpg

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-2.jpg

The Lambi and paint professions

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-3.jpg

When the lambiwork was progreeing on one part, Nigel also worked on completing the rear portion of the car (70% done).

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-4.jpg
Old 20th December 2009, 22:04   #187
Team-BHP Support

Shaping up really well guys! Good stuff!
Old 20th December 2009, 22:11   #188
BHPian

Quick question. Was the Contessa a Monocoque construction or did it have a body on frame set up.
Old 20th December 2009, 22:31   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque-ative View Post
Quick question. Was the Contessa a Monocoque construction or did it have a body on frame set up.
It had body on frame set-up I guess
Old 20th December 2009, 22:57   #190
BHPian

I may sound stupid but had these question in my mind since day one.

How is the thermacol shaped ? How is the right side so similar to the left ? How is it so perfect ?(hope you get what i mean) & these were just thermacol sheets kept on each other in the beginning right ? So how do they hold on to each other & fill up the gaps ? Are they glued or something ? The gaps are not visible now.

Last edited by Neil.Bhujbal : 20th December 2009 at 23:16.
Old 20th December 2009, 23:07   #191
BHPian

ahh! Great going guys, Keep up the good work.
I dont know much about the process you guys are doing but i ave a question reagarding the same.
Are you guys going to use these carved pieces to mould the body?(i may sound stupid but its all greek and latin to me )
Old 20th December 2009, 23:20   #192
Senior - BHPian

I also would like to know how this thermocol is shaped up. trying to shape it up using a knife or some kind of cutter in your hand is a painful job and finally it will break away and you wont get the shape you want - at least my experience.
Old 20th December 2009, 23:28   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil.Bhujbal View Post

How is the thermacol shaped ? How is the right side so similar to the left ? How is it so perfect ?(hope you get what i mean) & these were just thermacol sheets kept on each other in the beginning right ? So how do they hold on to each other & fill up the gaps ? Are they glued or something ? The gaps are not visible now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
I dont know much about the process you guys are doing but i ave a question reagarding the same.
Are you guys going to use these carved pieces to mould the body?(i may sound stupid but its all greek and latin to me )
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I also would like to know how this thermocol is shaped up. trying to shape it up using a knife or some kind of cutter in your hand is a painful job and finally it will break away and you wont get the shape you want - at least my experience.

Same was my feeling when I met Nigel and Sunil,

Yes thermocol sheets are glued together to get a larger space to work, and yes there is a lot amount of work involved, in fact a very itching and pain taking job that requires hours and hours of effort. Probly for us this may even take months to reach the stage nigel has achieved today.

Nigel uses different types of tool sets from saw blade, this task is 100% driven with experience and expertise.

I tried to put my hands on the job and the result was awkward.

I now realise the effort involved in each prototype and have started appreciating the efforts put in by many like Nigel globally.

REITZ

Last edited by reitz : 20th December 2009 at 23:31.
Old 20th December 2009, 23:28   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque-ative View Post
Quote:
It had body on frame set-up I guess
It has a monocoque construction.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
hmmm, this sounds tough.. well the thermocol pieces are stuck together. After profiling stage on thermocol . we do up the body work in frp till priming stages. and get a reverse mold from the existing designed body. and thats the main mold you get.. now you can replicate as many body components as you want.
After all the headache we throw away the body and the thermocol and the final light and strong pieces are made from the molds we got. phew!
Old 21st December 2009, 08:37   #195
BHPian

Quote:

All shaping is done by hand, we dont have access to any tools to cut thermocole, basic cuts are made wit a hacksaw, while we have to grind it down and shape the rest wit sandpaper, very simple in thought, but extremely difficult in practice, we do have some means to cross check on surfaces to ensure the left matches with the right ( reitz cud upload some pics ),

The most important tool needed is Patience, something i'm sure Don would Agree.

Large surfaces are never a problem, its the smaller surfaces wit the finer details which test you patience.
Rest is just using some vivid imagination on cross checking on surfaces, measuring etc.

Nigel
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks