Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2009, 10:07   #196
BHPian

Great going guys. As Nigel said, the word "stunning " gives very little respect to whats been done by you. It deserves much better words to describe..let me think about it.
Well, off topic, i am about to buy my second contessa, its 1.8glx, 2002 last model.. its absolutely superb from every angel. It has PS, power windows, interiors are excellent and guess what, this car was used by then home minister of karnataka. Gas fitted.
This is my 3rd conti that i am dealing with the auctioneers , the last two i got it for my other friends. 3rd one i will keep it. My present conty will be used for some modifications in the lines of death proof car later next year..
Old 21st December 2009, 10:14   #197
JRD
BHPian

Suggestion

reitz... i must say that is one hell of an effort.. Looks fantastic. The WIP pictures definitely shows nigel's sense of form. After looking at the pictures, I wanted to suggest toning down the shoulder line a little to get a more mature cross section. I've attached a few sketches to show what I mean. Hope it helps. Keep up the great work.
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-shoulder-line1.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-shoulder-line2.jpg  

JRD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2009, 12:30   #198
Senior - BHPian

It's turning out to be a real beauty. Kudos to you guys. If the final product could be displayed at the Auto Expo in Jan, you guys would definitely have orders pouring in!
Old 21st December 2009, 13:19   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
reitz... i must say that is one hell of an effort.. Looks fantastic. The WIP pictures definitely shows nigel's sense of form. After looking at the pictures, I wanted to suggest toning down the shoulder line a little to get a more mature cross section. I've attached a few sketches to show what I mean. Hope it helps. Keep up the great work.
hey thanks buddy for you effort, its good to see suggestions and do motivate us.. I would like to point out that the lines you have suggested are too "mature" and if you see the sketch we are trying to attain is on the lines of a muscular car more that a sporty sedan. if the point was to make is a good looking sedan i would have never done the project, i wanted a true blue muscle car. hence the lunatic lines..
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-sketch.jpg  

Old 21st December 2009, 13:42   #200
BHPian

If i get you guys something like this can you make a Lamborghini replica kind of body for me to fit over this ?
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-10.jpg  

Old 21st December 2009, 14:11   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil.Bhujbal View Post

If i get you guys something like this can you make a Lamborghini replica kind of body for me to fit over this ?
err..not a replica but something as lunatic and mad as the lambo.. infact i don't wanted to spell out but you are somewhere near on how our next project is gonna be.
Old 21st December 2009, 15:32   #202
BHPian

Awesome thread

Hi guys, just came across this thread and its simply awesome man. The car is looking kick a**. I have a lay man question for you guys, what about the safety features , ABS,airbags etc etc. how will this be taken care of?
Old 21st December 2009, 15:57   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
what about the safety features , ABS,airbags etc etc. how will this be taken care of?
I don't think the Conti came with ABS or airbags.
Old 21st December 2009, 16:01   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post
hmmm, this sounds tough.. well the thermocol pieces are stuck together. After ................ phew!
That was one heck of an explanation konjaril, after reading the whole thing. I understood just one thing, its better to wait for the next stage's WIP pics. On a serious note, this is what I understood, the thermocol profiling would act as base for moulding the body, which would be made using roving material as shown there.
Old 21st December 2009, 16:09   #205
BHPian

Wow!! This is something guess all of us want to do but only few can.so hats off.. will be following your thread. cant wait for the stage pics.

All the be(a)st.

Manu
Old 22nd December 2009, 12:38   #206
BHPian

Hi Konjaril,

As I stated earlier, please find my snap alongwith the car (MH06 C 8626) you are modifying now. So I am particularly interested in this thread. Just thought this photograph might be of interest to you. The photo is of the car alongwith me during our convocation day. The car was of our Vice Chancellor (the tag plate is clearly seen in the snap). I just requested the driver for the shoot. That time I didnot own a Contessa, but was obsessed with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-mh06c8626.jpg  

Old 22nd December 2009, 17:33   #207
SRK
Senior - BHPian

WOW!! The car has shaped up very nicely.

Just one question. You say the thermocol base will be used to make the FRP mould.
But currently your base just a smooth body with no partition at all. So my question is how will you be able to make the separate moulds for each part (bumper,hood,etc.).

Also I would like to give you a suggestion. I have seen some people working on thermocol (they make those decorations during Christmas) use a soldering iron to cutout shapes. Its very quick and gives a nice finish too. Maybe this will help you to make small holes or vents in your design.
Old 23rd December 2009, 15:55   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
That was one heck of an explanation konjaril, after reading the whole thing. I understood just one thing, its better to wait for the next stage's WIP pics. On a serious note, this is what I understood, the thermocol profiling would act as base for moulding the body, which would be made using roving material as shown there.
lol. yes you got that correct buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijosh View Post
Hi Konjaril,

As I stated earlier, please find my snap alongwith the car (MH06 C 8626) you are modifying now. So I am particularly interested in this thread. Just thought this photograph might be of interest to you. The photo is of the car alongwith me during our convocation day. The car was of our Vice Chancellor (the tag plate is clearly seen in the snap). I just requested the driver for the shoot. That time I didnot own a Contessa, but was obsessed with it.
This is totally so cool. i got to know some history about my car. i was just thinking. what if that vice chancellor sees the car now. he would .he he

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
WOW!! The car has shaped up very nicely.

Just one question. You say the thermocol base will be used to make the FRP mould.
But currently your base just a smooth body with no partition at all. So my question is how will you be able to make the separate moulds for each part (bumper,hood,etc.).

Also I would like to give you a suggestion. I have seen some people working on thermocol (they make those decorations during Christmas) use a soldering iron to cutout shapes. Its very quick and gives a nice finish too. Maybe this will help you to make small holes or vents in your design.
thank you, well the main point here is we dont want to get an extraordinary finish on the thermocol.. hence we havent used the hot wire technology. what we need is an extraordinary finish on the frp and lambi work on top of the thermocol. which later decides the cleanliness of the mold we get out of the surface we worked on. thermocol is just a base cut version for a support.
finally in the finished and final pieces we would be figuring out the split lines and assembly issues.
Old 23rd December 2009, 22:36   #209
BHPian

Awesome WIP Pictures Sir . How long will it take for this project to get completed ? Any approximate time
Old 23rd December 2009, 23:47   #210
Senior - BHPian

This is a lovely thread.. Very impressive work, - first of its kind.
Keep it up, I'm glued to this one.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks