Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2010, 17:50   #316
Senior - BHPian

The angles around the front could do with more definition. Great job though, hope to see it finished soon
Old 27th January 2010, 20:54   #317
BHPian

@Psycho ( since you'd understand )
The Thermocol has been layedover with two layers of Fibre glass and then we have puttied with 2k polyester to perfect the lines, etc, the surface primer ( NC ) has been applied to correct irregularities and ensure perfect lines, you would see the lines as being proper, but what we see is a few concerns on the lines, whereas the surfaces are good,
We plan on correcting the lines and then applying a cheap 2k Primer to ensure proper finish for the pattern.

We are preparing proper moulds for the design, hence what you currently see in the pics is all going to be destroyed in about a weeks time or so.
Once moulds are ready we would build fresh, lightweight fibreglass panels for fitment.
While the moulds are made and fibreglass is being made, we hope to commence the mechanical mods.

We welcome all suggestions.
Pls understand that this is a first Reskinning Job on a Car, hence the Time,

Seeing you expertise on the Mechanical front we would be keen on some tips on Upping the output on the standard Isuzu Engine, We do have another job on hand using the isuzu engine.
Old 28th January 2010, 01:02   #318
Senior - BHPian

Looking real nice now! Way to go guys,just make the detailing have its presence felt,especially in the headlamps/tail-lamps,grille,front air-dam,rear diffuser etc..Any plans on the head-lamp detailing? Subtly integrated LED driving lamps please .

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
The angles around the front could do with more definition.
Once the grille and head-lamps slot into place,the front will be more well defined.
Old 28th January 2010, 01:37   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post
Hey Farooq thanks a ton for the support man. as for now we dont have anything in mind but surely wont mind a rejected v12 lying around..what say?

well some more better pics.
Awsome !!!!

So glad to see it is getting near the destiny.
Old 28th January 2010, 08:30   #320
Senior - BHPian

Wow great design guys . Car looks fabulous. Have you decided on the engine ? And how are the interiors going to be ? Any teaser pictures on the interior .
Old 28th January 2010, 09:50   #321
BHPian

Ive heard that few Chrysler Jeep Engines are lying idle in Mumbai with complete electrics . I reckon maybe it could be worthwhile checking on them too instead of a rebuild on the ISUZU. Gurus could advise better.

"4.0ltr 4x4 Quattro Venom Conti " ...... Now thats how Supercars are named :-)
Old 28th January 2010, 11:59   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelLopez View Post
@Psycho.Seeing you expertise on the Mechanical front we would be keen on some tips on Upping the output on the standard Isuzu Engine, We do have another job on hand using the isuzu engine.
Does that mean there is no v8 going into the car ??
Old 28th January 2010, 22:26   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Looking real nice now! Way to go guys,just make the detailing have its presence felt,especially in the headlamps/tail-lamps,grille,front air-dam,rear diffuser etc..Any plans on the head-lamp detailing? Subtly integrated LED driving lamps please .

well thanks buddy. yes check out the old posts as there are some hints to where the headlight assembly is concerned. and yes you said it right. these are WIP pictures and the details are a long way from here only which i think would convince some people.

Once the grille and head-lamps slot into place,the front will be more well defined.
Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Awsome !!!!

So glad to see it is getting near the destiny.
Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Wow great design guys . Car looks fabulous. Have you decided on the engine ? And how are the interiors going to be ? Any teaser pictures on the interior .
Well Arjun as i stated previously also, the engine is going to be a V8 no less. and the interiors haven't started as yet another two more weeks i reckon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Ive heard that few Chrysler Jeep Engines are lying idle in Mumbai with complete electrics . I reckon maybe it could be worthwhile checking on them too instead of a rebuild on the ISUZU. Gurus could advise better.

"4.0ltr 4x4 Quattro Venom Conti " ...... Now thats how Supercars are named :-)
hmmm..well there is one more thing. i wanted to use the vauxhall signature here rather than the conti as it is a victor. so VAUXHALL VENOM GT to be precise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil.Bhujbal View Post
Does that mean there is no v8 going into the car ??
No the car will definitely have a v8. as stated by Nigel only , its for a different (read as mad) project
Old 28th January 2010, 23:59   #324
BHPian

Once moulds are ready we would build fresh, lightweight fibreglass panels for fitment.
While the moulds are made and fibreglass is being made, we hope to commence the mechanical mods.

Pls understand that this is a first Reskinning Job on a Car, hence the Time

Can these Body Panels You Make, will fit on any contessa, stripped to bare inner skeleton structure ? Also, if you are making moulds for the body panels, then, can additional body panels fabricated later on, in future ?

i am following up very very eagerly from the start of this thread, as my conti is also now under tinkering stage. if you could provide me extra panels, from your moulds, i may also go for complete exterior mods, plus mechanical upgrades, etc.,.

You guys seem to have a flair for good design capabilities, and from the lokks, you may soon start a new venture like chinkara motors, making custom conti-mustangs.... hope this idea sees the reality soon..

Reg the engine, why do you need a V8 or V6 ? the isuzu petrol itself - with a matched FFE, and a Dual Carburettor setup, will unleash close to 110BHP - more than enough for a tyre scrapping showride... if you can alter the differentials, gear ratios, then, topspeed will also can be tamed to somewhere around 200kmph... There was one ace rallyist from Pune- Mr.Dilip Desai, who could make your conti mechanically "more than perfect" with a howling engine, screaming performance, plus also a superb handler as well...You can contact him, for a fine tuned suspension and mechanical package, especially for the conti...

Lastly, guys, please finish the car soon, lots of people eagerly awaiting the release date...Hats off to your works...

Last edited by Dippy : 29th January 2010 at 17:43. Reason: Post edited. Please avoid posting in bold for convenience of the other members. Thanks.
Old 29th January 2010, 09:19   #325
BHPian

KS….good to know that you have also started work on your car.
From the shape Nijel & Konjaril are heading it should be possible to make multiple copies of this car.

I assume that they will follow the common procedure I am trying to describe below. But every builder has his own twist to make it difficult for the world.
  • Now that they have finished the fine line correction they go over with a filler (2K) surfacer (HS 40 Dupont) and sand it down (1000/1500/2000 grit) again to finish of any waviness, minor pinholes and other imperfections.
  • The next step will be to create all the parting lines and flanges using Clay (6/8 mm thick by 2/6”wide).The flanges will allow for creating the mounting/fastening points on the body.
  • A Gel Coat/Poly Vinyl Alcohol will be sprayed over the body to create a smooth impervious coat and will actually become the mould and act as a mould release agent.
  • Then they will layer the car with fibre glass fabric and resin to build the form. The fabric also will be of different ounceage for different parts of the car for it to be able to take the fine lines.
  • Once this is properly done (no air bubbles or blisters) the panels are left to dry on the car before it can be lifted. Multiple copies can be made at this stage since the mould will be wrecked to expose the shell for deciding the panel fixtures.
  • The shell is worked up to give suitable fixtures for the panels to fit in. The panel flanges are also trimmed and metal fixtures embedded corresponding to the measurements on the body shell and resined again to create a finished panel.
  • The finished parts can be sanded and painted to finish the car and fitted as any normal car panel but using FRP primer & surfacer (2K) to start with.
  • They can actually do this procedure 3 /4 times so that they have multiple panels for others to use or as spare panels for their car.
  • In fact if they are a bit more ambitious they can get the hood made in carbon fibre which is also a similar process but has to baked in a industrial oven.
  • In fact I will recommend that if they are going with FRP for high heat areas like the hood they first line the mould with Aluminium foil so that the resin has minimum heat transfer from the hot parts. Later appropriate insulation will additionally prevent the FRP from catching fire (FRP is highly inflammable).
Good job guys; keep pushing and trust it will come out well.
Old 29th January 2010, 11:49   #326
BHPian

Oh this would look so good in a deep metallic blue! Great wheels as well.
Old 29th January 2010, 13:29   #327
BHPian

Quote:
hmmm..well there is one more thing. i wanted to use the vauxhall signature here rather than the conti as it is a victor. so VAUXHALL VENOM GT to be precise.
In that case , I'd say even choose Holden Torana LH as inspiration for your name. The Holden brand is better known than Vauxhall as a performance oriented company. Besides , if you see how the Australians have cherished to the Torana ( more than the british cherishing a Victor) , you'll get a feel of this reasoning.
Old 29th January 2010, 16:23   #328
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks compact and mean at the same time.
can't wait to see the finishd car
Old 29th January 2010, 22:49   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyer View Post
KS….good to know that you have also started work on your car.
From the shape Nijel & Konjaril are heading it should be possible to make multiple copies of this car.

I assume that they will follow the common procedure I am trying to describe below. But every builder has his own twist to make it difficult for the world.
  • Now that they have finished the fine line correction they go over with a filler (2K) surfacer (HS 40 Dupont) and sand it down (1000/1500/2000 grit) again to finish of any waviness, minor pinholes and other imperfections.
  • The next step will be to create all the parting lines and flanges using Clay (6/8 mm thick by 2/6”wide).The flanges will allow for creating the mounting/fastening points on the body.
  • A Gel Coat/Poly Vinyl Alcohol will be sprayed over the body to create a smooth impervious coat and will actually become the mould and act as a mould release agent.
  • Then they will layer the car with fibre glass fabric and resin to build the form. The fabric also will be of different ounceage for different parts of the car for it to be able to take the fine lines.
  • Once this is properly done (no air bubbles or blisters) the panels are left to dry on the car before it can be lifted. Multiple copies can be made at this stage since the mould will be wrecked to expose the shell for deciding the panel fixtures.
  • The shell is worked up to give suitable fixtures for the panels to fit in. The panel flanges are also trimmed and metal fixtures embedded corresponding to the measurements on the body shell and resined again to create a finished panel.
  • The finished parts can be sanded and painted to finish the car and fitted as any normal car panel but using FRP primer & surfacer (2K) to start with.
  • They can actually do this procedure 3 /4 times so that they have multiple panels for others to use or as spare panels for their car.
  • In fact if they are a bit more ambitious they can get the hood made in carbon fibre which is also a similar process but has to baked in a industrial oven.
  • In fact I will recommend that if they are going with FRP for high heat areas like the hood they first line the mould with Aluminium foil so that the resin has minimum heat transfer from the hot parts. Later appropriate insulation will additionally prevent the FRP from catching fire (FRP is highly inflammable).
Good job guys; keep pushing and trust it will come out well.
Well you seem to be quite knowledgeable in this area.For the insulation part, its a vast different topic all together. for the final piece we would be using iso-resin and rowing so you know how serious we are into it.for the sound and heat proofing PU foam is so far what we find best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perakath View Post
Oh this would look so good in a deep metallic blue! Great wheels as well.
thanks. color is what is eating up my head now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekaran View Post

Pls understand that this is a first Reskinning Job on a Car, hence the Time

Can these Body Panels You Make, will fit on any contessa, stripped to bare inner skeleton structure ? Also, if you are making moulds for the body panels, then, can additional body panels fabricated later on, in future ?

i am following up very very eagerly from the start of this thread, as my conti is also now under tinkering stage. if you could provide me extra panels, from your moulds, i may also go for complete exterior mods, plus mechanical upgrades, etc.,.

You guys seem to have a flair for good design capabilities, and from the lokks, you may soon start a new venture like chinkara motors, making custom conti-mustangs.... hope this idea sees the reality soon..

Reg the engine, why do you need a V8 or V6 ? the isuzu petrol itself - with a matched FFE, and a Dual Carburettor setup, will unleash close to 110BHP - more than enough for a tyre scrapping showride... if you can alter the differentials, gear ratios, then, topspeed will also can be tamed to somewhere around 200kmph... There was one ace rallyist from Pune- Mr.Dilip Desai, who could make your conti mechanically "more than perfect" with a howling engine, screaming performance, plus also a superb handler as well...You can contact him, for a fine tuned suspension and mechanical package, especially for the conti...

Lastly, guys, please finish the car soon, lots of people eagerly awaiting the release date...Hats off to your works...
You can always come down and get the work done here with us.well i agree the isuzu engine is quite capable here and 200 is something i am not very unfamiliar with, its way past that i am talking. its a v8 we are talking about and i think its more than enough to explain that in itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
In that case , I'd say even choose Holden Torana LH as inspiration for your name. The Holden brand is better known than Vauxhall as a performance oriented company. Besides , if you see how the Australians have cherished to the Torana ( more than the british cherishing a Victor) , you'll get a feel of this reasoning.
thanks for the suggestion buddy will surely look into it.
Old 29th January 2010, 23:58   #330
Senior - BHPian

Hey konjaril,lets have some hints about the interior plans! The dash and stuff..
Good attention to detail in the interior will make this project stand out.Not that it already does.!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks