Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2010, 18:35   #601
BHPian

That looks Hot brother!
Old 25th May 2010, 18:38   #602
BANNED

Stunning in that color, can you post the pictures in more angles please.

Last edited by wildon : 25th May 2010 at 18:44.
Old 25th May 2010, 19:50   #603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post
hmm i just decided to finish the cad model i had started long time ago.
Looks stunning in Red
Overall shape and lines are good.
IMO those lines which makes the grill restricting it from looking 'aggressive'. A honeycomb grill like on Mustang GT500 or those lines can be a bit less thick and increased to 6 like on 2010 Camaro which I had posted earlier would look good. what you say?
Old 25th May 2010, 20:54   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Looks stunning in Red
Overall shape and lines are good.
IMO those lines which makes the grill restricting it from looking 'aggressive'. A honeycomb grill like on Mustang GT500 or those lines can be a bit less thick and increased to 6 like on 2010 Camaro which I had posted earlier would look good. what you say?
well is this like something u meant buddy? without the front grill??

@wildon i wil try to get more views,
@ jaguar runs , thanks brother, glad u liked it!
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-spoiler-without-grill.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-withou-spoiler.jpg  

Last edited by konjaril : 25th May 2010 at 20:58.
Old 25th May 2010, 23:57   #605
BHPian

Too many folds in the body line for my liking. Plus the white stripes kill the looks (Not the band, they are EPIC)
Old 26th May 2010, 00:05   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradster View Post
Too many folds in the body line for my liking. Plus the white stripes kill the looks (Not the band, they are EPIC)
white stripes? which pic are u referring to? the cad doesn't even have a hint of sticker on it.
Old 26th May 2010, 09:43   #607
Team-BHP Support

I absolutely love the high rear shoulder and the aggressive front end! Even the side-exhaust exits look nice. Is that on the cards? However, I sincerely hope you give the 'fang-claw-thing' below the headlights a miss. Overall, it's great!
Old 26th May 2010, 12:39   #608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
well is this like something u meant buddy? without the front grill??
I mean something like this. Note multiple strips on the front grill.
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-2without-fog.jpg  

Last edited by HammerHead : 26th May 2010 at 12:41.
Old 26th May 2010, 12:42   #609
BHPian

Quote:
white stripes? which pic are u referring to? the cad doesn't even have a hint of sticker on it.
I meant the white (LED?) Accents on the front bumper and the similar (Chrome?) strips on the side.
Old 26th May 2010, 12:51   #610
BHPian

@ nigel and konjaril

you guys are doing a great job,
Its amazing that you are also taking care of the safety aspects of the car, design aspects that most modders dont consider at all
wish you all the best in your endeavours

@nigel

hey nigel, i am working on modding a conti myself, wonder if i can come to you for it
pls advise
thanks
Old 26th May 2010, 14:48   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I absolutely love the high rear shoulder and the aggressive front end! Even the side-exhaust exits look nice. Is that on the cards? However, I sincerely hope you give the 'fang-claw-thing' below the headlights a miss. Overall, it's great!
Hey Suhaas i am glad u liked it! and yes the side exhausts are definitely on the cards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
I mean something like this. Note multiple strips on the front grill.
Hammer head i am glad you worked out something on the conti and i really like the idea of thinner front grill(not the chevy logo...lol)Thanks a lot mate!

Quote:
I meant the white (LED?) Accents on the front bumper and the similar (Chrome?) strips on the side.
Hmm pradster, regarding that we will have to wait and see how it looks in physical to decide whether to keep it or not! if it doesnt look good definitely in no way will i go ahead with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdalvi View Post
@ nigel and konjaril

you guys are doing a great job,
Its amazing that you are also taking care of the safety aspects of the car, design aspects that most modders dont consider at all
wish you all the best in your endeavours

@nigel

hey nigel, i am working on modding a conti myself, wonder if i can come to you for it
pls advise
thanks
Thanks CD, well what kind of mods are you looking at your conti? Anyway you are more than welcome to come and get your work done with us!
Old 26th May 2010, 14:52   #612
BHPian

@ konjaril

Thanks man
the most important mods that i am looking for are
convert into a 2 door coupe
go for an engine swap - 3.5 L, v6 preferably
other basic mods
Old 26th May 2010, 16:30   #613
BHPian

Quote:
I agree. Waaaay too many bodylines and folds. Secondly drivers view shall be extremely limited. (Aka camaro) for the back as well as front.

Please look at the Roush mustang front Fascia to see how clean bodylines can be extremely classy

Doing wayy too much might ruin it in the end =/
Old 26th May 2010, 17:22   #614
BHPian

awesome job guys.
me waiting for a engine swap. i know its a way too ahead now..
Old 26th May 2010, 18:02   #615
CCP

@Konjaril : I must say the car looks super mean and too good in the pics you have posted.

Secondly- As per my knowledge the main components of a car body are frame (which is fastened to the car chassis), chassis and then comes the skin (Exterior Panels).

Following is the process when a car undergoes a accident or a impact.

- The impact of accident (Shock waves) is taken by the car skin (If the impact is more it gets deformed permanently)
- If at all the impact is more, the shock waves get transferred to the frame, suspensions and to the chassis.
- When the impact reaches the frame and the body, then it is felt by the passengers in the car (It is applicable to all the cars weather it is Corvette , BMW, V8 Engine or V12 Engine ).

In your case, what will happen is . As soon as there is a impact, this will be directly taken by the frame and the chassis. The reason being the toughness and brittleness of the car skin. The skin will not absorb the shock waves and will transfer them to the frame and chassis (Which can be fatal at times).

Note:- Brittle material will always transfer the shock waves and malleable material will always absorb the shock waves.

Now coming to Corvette . Yes the Corvette is made of composite of fiberglass and polycarbon material. Corvettes have some mixing of other materials, such as the ZR1’s carbon fiber hood. In the case of an accidents with corvettes, you will always see that the skin is affected and not the frame of the car. The reason for the frames remaining intact, is the grade of fiberglass thickness used. The fiberglass skin used on the Corvettes cannot take higher intensity shocks and that is what I am trying to explain you. There is no problem in making the car skin with a fiberglass. The problem lies in making it extensively tough.

As shown in your video:- As soon as you hit the bonnet with that hammer, you can see the vibration of the impact on your fenders too(The brittle material will always transmit the shock waves , instead of absorbing and reducing them). Hence after fitting these parts to the frame it will transfer a large amount of shock to the frame and chassis. Instead if you have a metal bonnet, it will get deformed and will not transmit the shock wave(or will transfer a small amount of impact, which will be very minor) to the frame and chassis.

Hope you take it in a constructive manner and not as a criticism.

Regards

Car Custom People (CCP)

Quote:
Well good point there. now what we have done here is just the skin of the car in fiber glass. there is all the bars and rollover hoops(to come) and whatever is needed there on the car and which is in metal. Also the body is tough but its flexible too look closely in the video, well if it was recommended that the car should be manufactured by such a material that it can take the impact and get deformed, corvettes ,TVRs , alfa romeos etc would not be even produced and i am not talking about small cars, these are all hairy chested v8 engined cars.

Also carbon fiber reacts the same way in a crash according to my knowledge, its the weaves that holds the whole panel together in a crash and doesn't just disintegrate.

its the main chassis structure in the car that takes the impact. to put a clearer picture, BMW itself has worked on a car, GINA in which they very clearly and boldly state its made of a cloth like material and in a crash its the internal structure that takes most of the impact, So if BMW can do something that crazy we can too i guess.

@CD yes that workshop belongs to Nigel and i work with him, I am an automobile designer. Also manufacturers if u want to know did start taking fibers seriously the only thing is that they perfected it, its Carbon Fiber, which itself is matt and epoxy resin. The technology at the point of time is very expensive and it will slowly and definately catch up.

Last edited by GTO : 28th May 2010 at 19:41. Reason: Removing FONT Tags. Please do NOT cut-copy-paste text from other word softwares. It results in a formatting error.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks