Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2010, 23:37   #676
BHPian

Finally....

Hi Sunil & Nigel

Sorry for not being active here, I was engaged in my new role here that everything got a big stand still.....

Finally we now have the V8. If this the one that we saw last time or from someone else.

Great progress on the car .. Let me know if I can get some inputs here.

Will stay tuned to the thread from now on.

Regards
Reitz
Old 3rd September 2010, 18:12   #677
BHPian

Its been a long time indeed..but bad news is no new updates as work is a bit stalled for we are yet waiting for the denter to finish the A-pillar area for us and he is available only in the evenings.

Anyway work will resume from next week for sure and the work on the v8 will start this sunday mostly.

Anyways for all of you i painted the town...oops the conti yellow 'in CAD' what say????

btw how are you doing Rajesh(reitz)..its great to see ur response after a long time...
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-conti-yellow-small.jpg  

Old 3rd September 2010, 20:47   #678
Senior - BHPian

Looking really awesome. Do you plan to have a grille and logo as well?
Old 3rd September 2010, 23:27   #679
BHPian

WOW!!! That's wallpaper material!!!
Old 4th September 2010, 01:03   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Looking really awesome. Do you plan to have a grille and logo as well?
thank you M power, yes i will definitely have a logo on the grill..but might go for a mesh work for grill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
WOW!!! That's wallpaper material!!!
he he thanks bud,thats already my wallpaper..

P.S i forgot to post a pic of her 'topless'.
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-conti-yellow-small-open-top.jpg  

Old 5th September 2010, 14:21   #681

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 6th September 2010 at 10:19.
zook09 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th September 2010, 18:44   #682
BHPian

One more pic just for the sake!!
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-conti-.jpg  

Old 13th September 2010, 19:36   #683
BHPian

Hey Konjaril, nice renderings, but what with the twin exhaust on the side of the car, is it supposed to be like that?
Old 13th September 2010, 22:07   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Hey Konjaril, nice renderings, but what with the twin exhaust on the side of the car, is it supposed to be like that?
yes mihir the exhausts are definitely gonna be sideways.. as it is very unconventional and looks cool too..
Old 14th September 2010, 15:58   #685
BHPian

Congratz for the work till now brah. Can you tell me exactly how much BHP the rover V8 puts out? Asked since it's a SUV made engine.So it might be less powerful comparing your project.
Old 14th September 2010, 16:42   #686
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam9557 View Post
Congratz for the work till now brah. Can you tell me exactly how much BHP the rover V8 puts out? Asked since it's a SUV made engine.So it might be less powerful comparing your project.
The Rover V8 block has been used not only in SUVs but also in several sports cars and other applications like Rovers themselves, MGs, TVRs and even the mental Bowler Wildcat. That is of course, the use of the V8 over the past 4 and a half decades!

I'm assuming that this twin-carb'd V8 should belt out 190-220 horses.
Old 14th September 2010, 19:16   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
The Rover V8 block has been used not only in SUVs but also in several sports cars and other applications like Rovers themselves, MGs, TVRs and even the mental Bowler Wildcat. That is of course, the use of the V8 over the past 4 and a half decades!

I'm assuming that this twin-carb'd V8 should belt out 190-220 horses.
Very rightly put suhaas, also they were known for their compactness and build..the engine infact was one of the first of all aluminium block v8 engines, also its a buick v8 that got evolved into the latter.

your figures seem correct but right now i wont talk figures as i am yet to fire it up and one things for sure..i am doing headers free flow, bigger jets..and finally if time and money permits..a supercharger... anyway for now i am dreaming... lol.

my dreams look something like this!
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-conti-drifting-flat-small.jpg  

Last edited by konjaril : 14th September 2010 at 19:24.
Old 14th September 2010, 20:46   #688
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post
Very rightly put suhaas, also they were known for their compactness and build..the engine infact was one of the first of all aluminium block v8 engines, also its a buick v8 that got evolved into the latter.
Absolutely! The aluminum block is what the Rover V8 is known for, popularly. However, I'm not entirely sure if the Buick V8 was its predecessor. But it did start of life as a Buick 215 motor. It's actual predecessor was the famed BMC C-Series straight-six block.

Did you know, that the Rover V8 isn't used in any new application now? It has been replaced by the Jaguar AJ-V8

Quote:
your figures seem correct but right now i wont talk figures as i am yet to fire it up and one things for sure..i am doing headers free flow, bigger jets..and finally if time and money permits..a supercharger... anyway for now i am dreaming... lol.
Figures aren't the criteria, as you said! The whole scene would be different once you've slapped on some good kit to the motor. Higher lift camshafts and a close-ratio gearbox must be on the cards as well. And remember, strengthening the chassis and suspension adequately is a must. It's not only about the power it makes at the crank; it needs to be able to harness it all and translate it into true, real-world performance figures. I'm sure you know that anyway!

Quote:
my dreams look something like this!
Your rendering is superb. Absolutely fantastic! In fact, I've the same to say for all renderings so far!

I've been closely following this thread since Nigel started it and I must say, I'm bowled over; not only by your hard-work and commitment to the project, but also by your passion and zeal! It's truly brilliant and awe inspiring. I'm really looking forward to the real-deal and I'm sure it will happen soon! Delays are inevitable, especially when the project is a broth of all good things. But hang in there and this project will pull through quite easily and quickly.

I speak on behalf of everyone here.. I wish you the very best!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 14th September 2010 at 20:48.
Old 14th September 2010, 23:32   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Absolutely! The aluminum block is what the Rover V8 is known for, popularly. However, I'm not entirely sure if the Buick V8 was its predecessor. But it did start of life as a Buick 215 motor. It's actual predecessor was the famed BMC C-Series straight-six block.

Did you know, that the Rover V8 isn't used in any new application now? It has been replaced by the Jaguar AJ-V8

Figures aren't the criteria, as you said! The whole scene would be different once you've slapped on some good kit to the motor. Higher lift camshafts and a close-ratio gearbox must be on the cards as well. And remember, strengthening the chassis and suspension adequately is a must. It's not only about the power it makes at the crank; it needs to be able to harness it all and translate it into true, real-world performance figures. I'm sure you know that anyway!

Your rendering is superb. Absolutely fantastic! In fact, I've the same to say for all renderings so far!

I've been closely following this thread since Nigel started it and I must say, I'm bowled over; not only by your hard-work and commitment to the project, but also by your passion and zeal! It's truly brilliant and awe inspiring. I'm really looking forward to the real-deal and I'm sure it will happen soon! Delays are inevitable, especially when the project is a broth of all good things. But hang in there and this project will pull through quite easily and quickly.

I speak on behalf of everyone here.. I wish you the very best!
Thank you very much suhaas, the only thing is the project is taking so long as the magnitude of the project itself is so huge that it becomes overwhelming sometimes. we are a team of four, nigel ,me ,a denter and a painter. i really appreciate when people understand that and that is the only reason the thread is still going strong..
Old 15th September 2010, 01:01   #690
Senior - BHPian

Dunno why but the headlights make the car look sleepy... like its ready to doze off. #688
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks