Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2011, 13:14   #706
BHPian

Re: Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)

looking forward to the completed project!! been following the updates and well, waiting for it will be totally worth it!!
Old 21st January 2011, 13:33   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by intoxicangel View Post
looking forward to the completed project!! been following the updates and well, waiting for it will be totally worth it!!
thank you for the comment intoxicangel, work has still not been resumed. but there is a possibilty that we might be starting work by the month of February again as we have stopped taking external work altogether just so that we can concentrate on this project. right now we are just aiming at clearing the pending work in the workshop.

i know the wait has been very very long and i am sorry for the same but i assure you the wait will definately be worth it.

for last few pages i have just been attaching software renders and that doesnt justify work in progress of the project but still its more of a medium to keep alive the spirits of all you guys. So just attaching one more..

cheers everyone
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-all-one1.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-untitled1.jpg  

Old 21st January 2011, 14:35   #708
Senior - BHPian

i thought you might have put a tombstone on the project, its a shame a day just has 24 hours. I started work on my bike 3 months back and its still not gone for paint, i have absolutly no time.

Pramod
Old 21st January 2011, 14:45   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
i thought you might have put a tombstone on the project, its a shame a day just has 24 hours. I started work on my bike 3 months back and its still not gone for paint, i have absolutly no time.

Pramod

Hi pramod. i can really understand.. my bike- the cbz took, bilieve it or not 1 year to complete as both me and nigel work and we are at the workshop in the evenings only and at saturdays and sundays.

last few months we managed to move quite a bit on the contessa project and all came to a standstill as of many reasons. main was lack of time. as for the project i assure you the conti will definately see the light of its day. we have put too much of energy and time on this project and we wont let it die. work will most probably resume by feb.

Regards
Sunil Konjaril
Old 22nd January 2011, 21:05   #710
Senior - BHPian

Love the renderings. But it reminds me of a Camaro. But, depsite it being late, it seems your WIP design is going in the right direction. Looking at the leftmost pic that is
Old 22nd January 2011, 21:10   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Love the renderings. But it reminds me of a Camaro. But, despite it being late, it seems your WIP design is going in the right direction. Looking at the leftmost pic that is
Thanks a lot thedreamcatcher well i guess we got soo involved in the design that a resemblance to the camaro never became evident to me. but i am not denying that we did draw a major inspiration from the particular car.
but the camaro is a good looking car so i guess even if it does resemble the camaro it wont be so bad..what say buddy? he he
Old 28th January 2011, 23:30   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post
We have just placed the v8 under the bonnet and it fits like a glove to the engine mounts. i will try and post some pics. but bear in mind, the oil pump is still missing and we havent started her yet..
Waiting for the pics buddy !! Frankly speaking i am now bored of seeing all the sketches and cad drawings. Want to see more of the original product.

Last edited by Dippy : 29th January 2011 at 00:05. Reason: back to back posts. Please use the multi quote option instead of creating back to back posts. Thanks
Old 29th January 2011, 22:22   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil.Bhujbal View Post
Waiting for the pics buddy !! Frankly speaking i am now bored of seeing all the sketches and cad drawings. Want to see more of the original product.
Neil, buddy i really understand it yaar. and i will make it a point that you will get some updates.. for now my attention is on my Mercedes. and want to finish her before as only minor work is left on her.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...ml#post2220679

cheers till then
Old 10th February 2011, 01:53   #714

Phew. I have just been through the entire thread for the 5th time! It is amazing and even though I have just become an active member after finally being granted the permission to post in the threads, Its a pleasure. I guess I know the place where this workshop is as I stay in Viman Nagar My Self. I have 1997 Contessa 2.0 Diesel. I must humbly say I am not nearly 10% as creative as you guys but I do have certain mods in mind for my car. PM me some details so that I can schedule a meet and discuss.
Old 10th February 2011, 14:59   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogol008 View Post
Phew. I have just been through the entire thread for the 5th time! It is amazing and even though I have just become an active member after finally being granted the permission to post in the threads, Its a pleasure. I guess I know the place where this workshop is as I stay in Viman Nagar My Self. I have 1997 Contessa 2.0 Diesel. I must humbly say I am not nearly 10% as creative as you guys but I do have certain mods in mind for my car. PM me some details so that I can schedule a meet and discuss.
hi gogol, i am glad you liked my project. we can of course meet up on saturdays or sundays anytime at the workshop. yours is the KL-registered black conti with stripes right? konark nagar?

anyways looking forward to meet you.

btw are you a nikolai gogol fan??
Old 10th February 2011, 22:28   #716

Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post
hi gogol, i am glad you liked my project. we can of course meet up on saturdays or sundays anytime at the workshop. yours is the KL-registered black conti with stripes right? konark nagar?

anyways looking forward to meet you.

btw are you a nikolai gogol fan??

No. My vehicle is a KA - registered plane white conti and I stay near sanjay park. My nickname is gogol which has been derived from NiKolai Gogol the author and Bengali Novel Character named Gogol a young detective so yeah I am a fan.
Now about the garage/workshop its near gigaspace right ?? Can you PM me a contact so that I can come and meet you and weekend is just fine as i am in an IT company and wont get the time on weekdays. I wonder how I never saw the work being done over there! Anyways great job with the never giving up on the project. Hope to hear from you soon.

Last edited by Technocrat : 12th April 2011 at 01:40. Reason: only 2 smilies per post allowed, please read our board rules before proceeding, Thanks
Old 11th February 2011, 09:00   #717
BHPian

Have been following this thread silently and eagerly waiting for the outcome.

IMO this project should pave the way for a whole new segment in the Auto Industry.

After seeing the sketches of what is yet to come, I am reminded of this concept design from BMW -

Except for the roof on your design, I think the outcome should be very much similar to what they have carved out in this video.
Old 11th February 2011, 10:35   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
Have been following this thread silently and eagerly waiting for the outcome.

IMO this project should pave the way for a whole new segment in the Auto Industry.

After seeing the sketches of what is yet to come, I am reminded of this concept design from BMW - YouTube - BMW Vision ConnectedDrive

Except for the roof on your design, I think the outcome should be very much similar to what they have carved out in this video.
thanks for your comments Xyder. i loved the lines on the beemer, simply fantastic. i know its futuristic and a concept but damn that thing on roads would snap necks. . anyways we would be starting mostly next month on the conti till then hang tight.

@gogol. i have sent you a pm.
Old 11th February 2011, 11:51   #719
BHPian

Ohh yes indeed the beemer looks futuristic, but I think your work will definitely bring it into life, if not with all the added tech and interface, atleast the design looks far too good even in this preliminary stage. Cant wait to see the final outcome.

I hope the work resumes ASAP !

Goodluck.
Old 11th February 2011, 21:44   #720
BHPian

way to go konjaril... been reading and re-reading the post since 3pm and man its a killer project. best wishes to u, nigel, the denter n d painter hope u guys start up soon and finish the 1st true blue indian muscle car !!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks