Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2010, 09:32   #466
BHPian

@ Konjaril: Dont let the critics bother you.

As far as your work is concerned, it is the will & the fervor, thats important; to even think of a project of this massive proportion & the confidence to finish it!
We salute you for your bravado & wish you good luck - for all the challenges you will face during the execution of this project.

- A proud Puneite!
Old 3rd April 2010, 13:04   #467
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Can't find an appropriate smiley to reply to that. But get the hint.

@Konjaril,

got your pm regarding the mechanicals mate. if you posted that info earlier then we wouldn't be at this point.

I'm interested in your roll bar fabrication. Did you find anyone who is cold bending the steel tubes in bombay? I have been searching for one since quite a while.
Old 3rd April 2010, 16:48   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post
some more work! Now lets get mechanical.
Konjaril, i may sound stupid asking this, but isnt the strenght of the contessa chassis linked to the roof as well? and that it wont snap in the middle with all the horspower going into it?

in other words, can a stock contessa be converted into a convertible without much concern on the strength of the chassis?

btw, love the works

cheers
Old 3rd April 2010, 21:13   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post

As far as your work is concerned, it is the will & the fervor, thats important; to even think of a project of this massive proportion & the confidence to finish it!
We salute you for your bravado & wish you good luck - for all the challenges you will face during the execution of this project.

- A proud Puneite!
Thanks buddy for the overwhelming response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Can't find an appropriate smiley to reply to that. But get the hint.

@Konjaril,

got your pm regarding the mechanicals mate. if you posted that info earlier then we wouldn't be at this point.

I'm interested in your roll bar fabrication. Did you find anyone who is cold bending the steel tubes in bombay? I have been searching for one since quite a while.
Hi there mate. well i had posted bits about the fabrication of the chassis in the initial pages. i guess the info was too little on that though. no we havent found anyone in bombay, we will be doing the rollcage work of the car here in pune.i would keep you updated specially on the rollcage as you are interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
brilliant job there mate.
Thanks a lot buddy! the cad is sorted out for the retractable top. what we have to do is fabricate the linkages of the top in wood to perfect it and then laser cut the linkages in metal.Lots of work! phew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by regnex View Post
Konjaril, i may sound stupid asking this, but isnt the strenght of the contessa chassis linked to the roof as well? and that it wont snap in the middle with all the horspower going into it?

in other words, can a stock contessa be converted into a convertible without much concern on the strength of the chassis?

btw, love the works

cheers
No problem answering you questions man! well the conti chassis is not stock right now. as i think i had mentioned it in the thread before. but for just an update again:
the contessa has been reinforced with very heavy metal beams inside the running board, the thickness of the floor of the car has been quadrupled with metal sheets. the engine bay will be reinforced to insane levels also as a final step there is a rolling cage to come inside the car with rollover hoops.
Old 3rd April 2010, 22:27   #470
BHPian

Wow! She is looking beautiful mate! I hope its a 'she'. lol!

All that precision when it is handmade is really appreciable. You've got a great team.

Now, you do remember, my ride is booked.
Update on the paint scheme? Btw, ghost flames just ran across my mind.
Old 4th April 2010, 21:21   #471
Senior - BHPian

SUPERB....!!! Beyond words to describe...examples such as these are an inspiration to the enthusiasts in us...! Patience, apparently, is the key to it all...

This should be pretty interesting. One request on the engine front though. If you DO have an option, forget V8s and the like. Apart from mounting and weight complications, there'll be quite a few other problems as well; plus,it'll be really nose heavy and dull to drive..the Conty's steering is not exactly sharp, and the suspension/wheelbase/track setup is not that sporty either..

I'm assuming she's is going to be a practical as well..

If possible, ponder over a 4G63T or a SR20 DET...sufficient torque, relative ease of spares, reliability, and adequately powerful..or for utmost cost effectiveness, reliability and spares, the Indian Honda F23A (Accord 2.3), or the K24 (Accord 2.4), or the Camry 2.4 motor (2AZ-FE)...all of these motors should cost less than 1L with ECU & wiring, with the only hiccup being N-S mounting; which should not be much of an issue...

Things to look out for while looking for a powertrain in a custom job like this would be cost, followed by ease of availability & spares, and then mount fabrication feasibility (block weight, subframe stiffness, reverse torque damping/flex) etc...I think...
Old 4th April 2010, 23:45   #472
BHPian

One question , where is the engine ? or did i miss something ?

Hooked to this thread , i wish you all success.
Old 5th April 2010, 00:29   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
SUPERB....!!! Beyond words to describe...examples such as these are an inspiration to the enthusiasts in us...! Patience, apparently, is the key to it all...

This should be pretty interesting. One request on the engine front though. If you DO have an option, forget V8s and the like. Apart from mounting and weight complications, there'll be quite a few other problems as well; plus,it'll be really nose heavy and dull to drive..the Conty's steering is not exactly sharp, and the suspension/wheelbase/track setup is not that sporty either..

I'm assuming she's is going to be a practical as well..

If possible, ponder over a 4G63T or a SR20 DET...sufficient torque, relative ease of spares, reliability, and adequately powerful..or for utmost cost effectiveness, reliability and spares, the Indian Honda F23A (Accord 2.3), or the K24 (Accord 2.4), or the Camry 2.4 motor (2AZ-FE)...all of these motors should cost less than 1L with ECU & wiring, with the only hiccup being N-S mounting; which should not be much of an issue...

Things to look out for while looking for a powertrain in a custom job like this would be cost, followed by ease of availability & spares, and then mount fabrication feasibility (block weight, subframe stiffness, reverse torque damping/flex) etc...I think...
hi there bud! i got your concern. well we have thought about it. the v8 is from a w126 and not only that i have picked up a running w126 just for that. so you are talking about suspension disc brakes wheel hubs and the works all donated by the w126. thats how. i was never interested in a 4 pot engine as i already drive a vectra which is a powerful horse but i want more. the s class is a different ball game. Also if its a muscle car am making it has to have a heart to go with the body. the only thing the conti would lend me is its number plate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwall View Post
One question , where is the engine ? or did i miss something ?

Hooked to this thread , i wish you all success.
check out the pic.he he
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-p9010051.jpg  

Old 5th April 2010, 03:22   #474
BANNED

been following this thread since a while. this is even my homepage now. Some good thing you have going there! wait.. no good, it's awesome!
Old 5th April 2010, 20:46   #475
BHPian

this is a handsome looking baleno here at the 'shop. she has got a nice set of 14 inch rims and skirtings. also a very sweet sounding free flow too. the joker artwork was done by me.

the other lamp setup with the projectors are for a zen.

this is just some pics of what we were doing along with the conti.
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-p9050017.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-p9050018.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-p9050016.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-p9050014.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-p9050013.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-p9020003.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-p9020005.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-p9030008.jpg  

Old 5th April 2010, 21:39   #476
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Did you airbrush that Joker? or is it a Sticker?

Any more pics of the Zen?
Old 5th April 2010, 21:49   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Did you airbrush that Joker? or is it a Sticker?

Any more pics of the Zen?
I Airbrushed it by hand. well i dont have the final pics of the zen will try to get it tomorrow or dayafter.
Old 5th April 2010, 22:11   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi there bud! i got your concern. well we have thought about it. the v8 is from a w126 and not only that i have picked up a running w126 just for that. so you are talking about suspension disc brakes wheel hubs and the works all donated by the w126. thats how. i was never interested in a 4 pot engine as i already drive a vectra which is a powerful horse but i want more. the s class is a different ball game. Also if its a muscle car am making it has to have a heart to go with the body. the only thing the conti would lend me is its number plate.

check out the pic.he he
YOU ARE MURDERING A FANTASTIC W126 V8 to make a hot rod!!!!??? Whilst ok in the west as the supply and free import export in India these will be collectors cars in a few years. Was this a complete car accident/scrap? Still could be a great donor!!?? I guess to each his own still man
Old 5th April 2010, 22:33   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
YOU ARE MURDERING A FANTASTIC W126 V8 to make a hot rod!!!!??? Whilst ok in the west as the supply and free import export in India these will be collectors cars in a few years. Was this a complete car accident/scrap? Still could be a great donor!!?? I guess to each his own still man
i understand man! i am heart broke to do it too. but frankly i am going through a bit of financial crunch and cant afford the conti project to be shelved so had to grow an extra pair of b@**s to break down a perfectly running w126 which i had plans to restore and gift to my father. but tough times need tough decisions too i guess

Last edited by konjaril : 5th April 2010 at 22:38. Reason: typo
Old 5th April 2010, 22:42   #480
BHPian

Quote:

check out the pic.he he
Congrats mate! looks very good so far. I am really proud to know that we do have awesome designers in India too! Doesn't matter if it take another 6 months but make sure it has the same level of detail u had planned originally!
PS: since u say your are picking up a V8,suspension disc brake etc from the W126 and u have changed almost everything in the conti wouldnt it have been better to have the W126 as the base car itself and have a design around it? Also it would have saved u a lot in strengthening the chassis as the Merc chassis is way better than the conti right.?
edit:my guess is that u found this merc after u had done a fair bit of work on the conti.?

Last edited by amulu10 : 5th April 2010 at 22:45.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks