Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2010, 14:32   #496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
When you are in business its important to be legal and legit. My friend mexentric brought a whole baleno with change of ownership when all he needed was the engine with ECU. I am sure he will find another w 126 if he fancies rebuilding one.

Pramod

And what's the advantage of doing that? Engine swaps are illegal, no matter whose car you swap the engine from. IMHO, buying the whole car for the engine only is nothing but a waste. What's more, you are stuck with the additional burden of disposing off the body properly, and more importantly, issues like closing the RC book and what not.
Old 12th April 2010, 21:35   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
And what's the advantage of doing that? Engine swaps are illegal, no matter whose car you swap the engine from. IMHO, buying the whole car for the engine only is nothing but a waste. What's more, you are stuck with the additional burden of disposing off the body properly, and more importantly, issues like closing the RC book and what not.
And yaa the car had papers!
Old 14th April 2010, 20:03   #498
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Note From Mod: We do have other threads that discuss the legality (and lack) of engine swaps. Whoever wishes to discuss the same may do so on the other threads.

Kindly restrict this thread to only posts on the Contessa project.
Old 15th April 2010, 13:45   #499
BHPian

Hey Konjaril....

I am glued to this thread and definitely going to subscribe to it. can't wait for updates with pics. Wishing you all the very best. A conti is soon to join my stable too. So hoping to do some simple changes to it. (external only).
Old 15th April 2010, 17:10   #500
BHPian

Jumpin on the bus

Hey guys.....

This is CD from Ahmedabad

I have been following this thread since a while now, but couldnt reply and/or enquire because of the pending membership confirmation

I have been looking for a contessa in good condition myself for a couple of months now
Finally, I have located this decent 90' conti, petrol 1.8 GL
Sellers asking for 50k
will post pics of the vehicle soon

Planning to go for a complete revamp, however I do not wish to change to diesel engine, however thinking of going for a more powerful petrol engine which can give some good muscle

Can someone pls guide on this

Other thing I am very sure of, is to convert it into a 2 door from the existing 4 door, more on the lines of the mustang coupe
I have been following a couple of other threads and most of 'em are of the opinion that its a bad idea to go for this conversion

Pls advise your comments

Thanks

p.s Great to be finally able to talk to you guys !!!
Old 15th April 2010, 20:51   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Note From Mod: We do have other threads that discuss the legality (and lack) of engine swaps. Whoever wishes to discuss the same may do so on the other threads.

Kindly restrict this thread to only posts on the Contessa project.
oh thank god for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancersfx View Post
I am glued to this thread and definitely going to subscribe to it. can't wait for updates with pics. Wishing you all the very best. A conti is soon to join my stable too. So hoping to do some simple changes to it. (external only).
cool man all the best for you buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdalvi View Post
Hey guys.....

This is CD from Ahmedabad

I have been following this thread since a while now, but couldnt reply and/or enquire because of the pending membership confirmation

I have been looking for a contessa in good condition myself for a couple of months now
Finally, I have located this decent 90' conti, petrol 1.8 GL
Sellers asking for 50k
will post pics of the vehicle soon

Planning to go for a complete revamp, however I do not wish to change to diesel engine, however thinking of going for a more powerful petrol engine which can give some good muscle

Can someone pls guide on this

Other thing I am very sure of, is to convert it into a 2 door from the existing 4 door, more on the lines of the mustang coupe
I have been following a couple of other threads and most of 'em are of the opinion that its a bad idea to go for this conversion

Pls advise your comments

Thanks

p.s Great to be finally able to talk to you guys !!!
hi there CD the conversion of two door to four door wont be a problem at all when you have a very good denter with you .so dont worry at all my friend all the best!

well the conti is all "skinny" again. and guess what we are up to at the same time and this time we are making a REPLICA.
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-p9100023.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-p9100021.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-p9100002.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-p9100005.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-p9100008.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-p9100012.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-p9100014.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-p9100015.jpg  

Old 16th April 2010, 00:36   #502
BHPian

Wow another beauty coming up. Is that a BMW Isseta coupe i see there?
Old 16th April 2010, 11:34   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaver_prad View Post
Wow another beauty coming up. Is that a BMW Isseta coupe i see there?
+1 to that.
From the looks of it, very much an Isetta!
Good guess Prad!!

@Konjaril: mate, have you started with the Bodywork casting in FRP?
Old 16th April 2010, 12:22   #504
BHPian

hey konjaril
thanks, does the conversion leave the structure and body weaker ?

can someone pls advise on the engine swap....a much more powerful petrol engine needed...
what is the most powerful engine that can be used, without making much changes in the structural design to the chassis, body ?

pls advise
Old 18th April 2010, 19:52   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
+1 to that.
From the looks of it, very much an Isetta!
Good guess Prad!!

@Konjaril: mate, have you started with the Bodywork casting in FRP?
yes buddy, thats a bmw isetta. well yes the frp mouldings are almost done on the conti.

Quote:
hey konjaril
thanks, does the conversion leave the structure and body weaker ?

can someone pls advise on the engine swap....a much more powerful petrol engine needed...
what is the most powerful engine that can be used, without making much changes in the structural design to the chassis, body ?

pls advise
hi there friend. as i said you got a good works man with you, you can make the stock chassis of the conti four times more solid. if it helps i will click some picks of what i have done to the car internally now.
Regarding the petrol engine swap you anyways will have to fabricate and rebuilt the engine mounts and bay and you can go inline sixes , v6s and v8s etc.

Also another good option is playing around with the conti block. there are endless options from headers to free flows to compression ratios to hotter cams to even turbocharging and supercharging(my personal favorite and have some material on it too -am talking about centrifugal turbocharging run by the engine cam and belts) anyway its always about the funding you are talking about in such projects.
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-screenshot.jpg  

Last edited by konjaril : 18th April 2010 at 19:56. Reason: typo
Old 18th April 2010, 21:12   #506
BHPian

@konjaril:- Whats the force that's keeping u guys going man. I think this is the best car designing insight giving thread. A lot of BHPians would have got lots of ideas about how to go about modifying their vehicles after watching your WIP
Old 19th April 2010, 15:54   #507
BHPian

hey konjaril, thanks man
aould really appreciate if you upload some pics of what you have done to your car internally to make the chassis more solid

regarding engine swap, how much would a V8 3.5 L cost approx
pls advise

can you advise in more detail, ways to play around with the existing conti block or else can you refer to some sites that can help

Help : Does anyone know of some good guys in Ahmedabad, who can work on the Conti, bodybuilders as well as people technically sound with the engine

pls advise
thanks
Old 19th April 2010, 19:39   #508
Senior - BHPian

what platform is your BMW Isetta-replica going to be based on?
shyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2010, 00:06   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill22g View Post
@konjaril:- Whats the force that's keeping u guys going man. I think this is the best car designing insight giving thread. A lot of BHPians would have got lots of ideas about how to go about modifying their vehicles after watching your WIP
hey thanks a lot for the appreciation buddy!

Quote:
hey konjaril, thanks man
aould really appreciate if you upload some pics of what you have done to your car internally to make the chassis more solid

regarding engine swap, how much would a V8 3.5 L cost approx
pls advise

can you advise in more detail, ways to play around with the existing conti block or else can you refer to some sites that can help

Help : Does anyone know of some good guys in Ahmedabad, who can work on the Conti, bodybuilders as well as people technically sound with the engine

pls advise
thanks
hi there CD well for starters the engine should cost u around a lakh region depending on how advanced the engine is. also its not the engine its the swap that will cost more as its a matter of precision and strengthen your car almost four times.
Regarding the conti block there are minor mods like headers ,shaving ur engine head for higher compression, free flow air filter, free flow exhausts etc. also turbocharging options can be looked upon also the chevy tavera and the contis manifold matches so u can look at those options but you will have to play around with it .
For now i personally am looking at superchargers and building one from scratch. i am researching on roots type superchargers since the past few days extensively. lets see where it lands me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
what platform is your BMW Isetta-replica going to be based on?
the bmw will be based on a custom made ladder chassis built from ground up.
Old 21st April 2010, 12:50   #510
BHPian

hey thanks again konjaril
well, wish you good luck for your project

i have been following a lot of mods and the LT-1, 3.5 L, V8 is what anyone and everyone seems to recommend for a engine swap for the conti
Could you guide whether this engine (new) is available in India and the approx cost

also, i have had mixed reactions to the need to reinforce chassis for this engine
pls advise

thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks