Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2010, 21:54   #526
BHPian

Hi guys its been a long time. Time and patience is really building tremendous pressure on us here. The Conti work is still going on... i couldn't upload any pics as i lost my camera(but found it today under my car seat).i will surely do upload the current status pics of car, which is already in its assembly stage with the final mould pieces. and the conti engine has been taken out.

For now i am just uploading some Photoshop work i did on how exactly the car might turn out. there are some options with foglamps. tell me what you guys think..
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-p9010002.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-without-fog.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-fog.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-bumper-fog.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-bumper-fog-two.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-p8030017-1.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-p8030013.jpg  

Old 9th May 2010, 21:58   #527
SRK
Senior - BHPian

The fogs should be in the lower vents (side).

The car looks impressive from the front.
This combination looks great too (grey and yellow)
Old 9th May 2010, 22:12   #528
BHPian

Great work.
The fog lamps look best in lower vents on the sides.
I hope you do not go through with the stickering of those air vents (if they are air vents that is) on top and bottom of the head lamps.
Old 9th May 2010, 22:47   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
Great work.
The fog lamps look best in lower vents on the sides.
I hope you do not go through with the stickering of those air vents (if they are air vents that is) on top and bottom of the head lamps.
No Viraat. if you are addressing the area between the headlamp and the lower vent on both the sides of the bumper, those will be metallic fins made in such a way that the indicators will be integrated among the fin ,lets say wolverine style.he he. i couldn't portray it that well on my photoshop rendering.

@ SRK.ya man thats my second favorite space my first preference was no fog lamps at all.

Last edited by konjaril : 9th May 2010 at 22:49.
Old 9th May 2010, 23:45   #530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post
There are some options with foglamps. tell me what you guys think..
How about this? IMO circular fogs does not suite the edgy front.
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-without-fog.jpg  

Old 9th May 2010, 23:51   #531
Senior - BHPian

It would have been better if the fogs were integrated with the front bumper design.In a different shape perhaps!

But now,since you don't have an option other than to go for these round fogs,the best bet would be as the others pointed out.Inside the lower side vents (5th pic). Other options look like afterthoughts!

EDIT:@Hammerhead Great idea.That's exactly what I was trying to put across.But I don't think that's possible now,is it,konjaril?

Last edited by AyAn! : 9th May 2010 at 23:56.
Old 9th May 2010, 23:53   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
How about this? IMO circular fogs does not suite the edgy front.
hmm looks interesting hammer head, i just opted for round foglamps as they will be available of the shelf.i really do like the idea though..

Regarding the side fins,here are some ideas on how it would be the fin would have a slot which would house an acrylic plate which would be lit by LEDs from one end.
the angel eyes are just some test on acrylics we had done earlier.the orange glow is from my hard disc here which would be similar to how the fins would glow.
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-without-fog-exp.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-20105923110.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-_mg_0323.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-_mg_0316.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-_mg_0321.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-201059231143.jpg  

Last edited by konjaril : 10th May 2010 at 00:01.
Old 10th May 2010, 00:03   #533
Senior - BHPian

LED driving lamps,LED fins and then fog lamps! Don't you think it'll be a bit of an overkill? Since the glowing fins will look damn cool,I suggest you give the fogs a miss. Or you might also remove the driving lamps,go for a simple projector headlamp set-up,and let the glowing fins hog all the limelight!
Old 10th May 2010, 00:27   #534
BANNED

Compared to the picture posted at post #234 the cars have a sad feeling eye now. may be its only for me !
Old 10th May 2010, 02:57   #535
BHPian

The car looks good - personally, i quite like the fog lamps at the bottom, but in the centre of the bumper ie not in the side slots.

The led light strip, i would certainly think of going without!

And one lasttt suggestion - for a car of this size, with such a large flat bonnet n roof, 2 thick yellow stripes won't cut it. Think about adding a thin (not pinstripe though, a little thicker than that), on either side of each stripe.
Old 10th May 2010, 03:56   #536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
LED driving lamps,LED fins and then fog lamps! Don't you think it'll be a bit of an overkill? Since the glowing fins will look damn cool,I suggest you give the fogs a miss. Or you might also remove the driving lamps,go for a simple projector headlamp set-up,and let the glowing fins hog all the limelight!
+1 to Ayan. Installing all the stuff will be too much bling bling. The LEDs below lamps will look a direct copy from Audi. So, Install projector lamps and let the fins glow. Would be unique and look cool too. My two pennies....
Old 10th May 2010, 11:40   #537
BANNED

Nope, I didn't like the front look either. It's looking a little girly with all those LED trinkets.
Old 10th May 2010, 13:02   #538
BHPian

hey everyone i just wanted to add that the fins on the side is not a garnish its my indicators and wont be on all the time. also it wont be all the three fins glowing at the same time, only the middle one. also i quite agree with Aayan, there are too many lights on the car (thats why i did the rendering first!) i am thinking of no foglamps for now.

@ Imran ,the only trouble with the LED inside the headlamp is i need to use it as it is from an audi a4 and took quite some work to procure it. Maybe i will smoke the front headlamps to tone down the bling bling. what say?

And yes Wildon i found it Sad looking too. i have yet to style the headlamps. this is just starters.thanks for pointing it out i realised it more after your post.
Old 10th May 2010, 18:19   #539

Hi Konjaril and Nigel,
It is a project of great proportions that you seem to have taken up and it is shaping up well. I wish you all the best for this and hope in the near future a beauty will be created. It seems like watching a dream turn to reality right before my eyes !!
I know having round headlights and angel eyes is the new "in" thing, but in my opinion some polygonal lights would fit best with this front design. Then there would be no more "sad eyes" effect !!
Similarly rectangular fog lamps would also fit, please do some photoshop experiments and try it out. I think it will look more aggressive - right now it seems like a sad tiger !
All the Best.
Old 11th May 2010, 14:03   #540
Team-BHP Support

Man she sure is shaping up well.

Those acrylic circles sure do look cool as too.

As for the foglamp placement, i'm going to go against the tide here and say this one is the best :

Reason being, the words "MUSCLE CAR" in your thread title. With the above placement, i think the car has a much more raw feel, ala eleanor. vs the next picture, where its a much more polished, streamlined and modern feel.

cya
R
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks