Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2007, 16:01   #61

Hi i checked in a shop in chennai the tacho was costing 4k with shift light and he gave the option of 7 colors which could be set or all seven in one and will change from time to time the cost of fitting it was 1000 and the time taken will be half a day. Is a fair deal or do u get tacho's even cheaper.
Old 26th November 2007, 02:44   #62
Senior - BHPian

Just wondering if there is a tacho that works on the M800. I have seen it on an alto, but i think that was vxi 1.1 L engine.
Old 26th November 2007, 11:07   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Just wondering if there is a tacho that works on the M800. I have seen it on an alto, but i think that was vxi 1.1 L engine.
their is a tacho for a 3 CYLINDER engine it cost around 1000 rs from pricol

ps can someone find me one i havent been able to locate it
Old 26th November 2007, 13:32   #64
BHPian

hi guys

well i hav a santro and was looking forward to fix a tachometer.
well, i hav no idea how much will it cost, installation charges, which is good brand etc etc.. guys can you help out with this... plz
Old 26th November 2007, 17:02   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
their is a tacho for a 3 CYLINDER engine it cost around 1000 rs from pricol
ps can someone find me one i havent been able to locate it
Hi Manik, a 3-cylinder tach was available for 3-cylinder engines, from Pricol - when I got mine in 1998, it costed around Rs.800. It was sourced with great difficulty, from a popular accessory shop in Chennai. I was told, even then, by the rather well-informed proprietor (of the shop) that Pricol had stopped manufacture of said tach & that I shouldn't get my hopes up.

Being that as it may, the Pricol website does mention a 'top dash tachometer' that looks quite similar to the one I got for my M800 - 9 years ago !
Old 26th November 2007, 17:17   #66
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick.throttle View Post
hi guys

well i hav a santro and was looking forward to fix a tachometer.
well, i hav no idea how much will it cost, installation charges, which is good brand etc etc.. guys can you help out with this... plz

Any DIS compatible Tacho will work with a Santro. Santro has dual coil ignition system so the normal 4 cylinder setting wont work !
Old 26th November 2007, 17:18   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverStreak81 View Post
Hi i checked in a shop in chennai the tacho was costing 4k with shift light and he gave the option of 7 colors which could be set or all seven in one and will change from time to time the cost of fitting it was 1000 and the time taken will be half a day. Is a fair deal or do u get tacho's even cheaper.
Whats the name of the shop? Even my cousin is on the lookout for one in Chennai.

OT: for a moment there, I was wondering why Mclaren, the thread starter, was talking like a newb.. didnt realize the thread is 2 years old !!
Old 26th November 2007, 17:34   #68
Senior - BHPian

Guys,your spending this much money on a tacho,why do you just put in those extra bucks and get yourslf a good one.YOu have fake/unbranded tachos costing 3500rs but they are not at all accurate.

Bleage buy a genuine autoguage,if you want a quality product or else go in for the autometers/autogage series if you have a lot of dough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
OT: for a moment there, I was wondering why Mclaren, the thread starter, was talking like a newb.. didnt realize the thread is 2 years old !!
Have you ever seen his introduction?
Old 26th November 2007, 18:24   #69
Senior - BHPian

I tried to source a tachometer through insiders at PRICOL, but wasn't successful. My contacts were told that these are only for export, but I think that's a whole lot of bull.
Old 4th February 2008, 02:28   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverStreak81 View Post
Hi this is SilverStreak81 from chennai, i own a Swift Ldi it does not have a tachometer i would like to fir one into the car where can i get it fitted and how much will it cost.
dude i have a swift ldi.....n i have a tachometer installed in it......in mumbai i can challange that no 1 would be having that except me...u need to pay a lot to get it installed.......first of all u have nothin to do with the ecu....u have to do stuff to ur alternator i paid 10 grands to get a good tachometer....n the installation charges were 2000/- but yea...its all worth it dude..
Old 4th February 2008, 11:06   #71
Senior - BHPian

Hey! can someone pls tell me if i can fix a tacho to my matiz? Does it have dual coil ignition>

Also, i've heard of some tacho's which can be connected to the cig lighter socket, and need no extra wiring. Are these accurate? how much do they cost? and where can i get them from??
Old 5th February 2008, 20:04   #72
BHPian

U can get the normal autoguage tachos for 2.5k with the seven color display and the shift light in coimbatore.And only dual coil tachos work for a santro as the normal tachos will give you the output if only 2 cylinders.
Old 11th February 2008, 14:59   #73
BHPian

Hey please post some pics would love to see the tacho.
Old 12th February 2008, 13:45   #74

Hi the shops name is Dreams Auto and it is located in GN chetty road in the basement of the complex opposite to the Accord metropolitan hotel.
Old 12th February 2008, 13:47   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSwift_2007 View Post
dude i have a swift ldi.....n i have a tachometer installed in it......in mumbai i can challange that no 1 would be having that except me...u need to pay a lot to get it installed.......first of all u have nothin to do with the ecu....u have to do stuff to ur alternator i paid 10 grands to get a good tachometer....n the installation charges were 2000/- but yea...its all worth it dude..
The Shope is in gn chetty road and the name is Dreams auto and its located in the basement of the Arihant complex which is opposite to the Accord Metropolitan Hotel. All the best n let me know once its done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks