Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2009, 10:48   #256
BHPian

Guys,

I am having a 2005 Getz GVS petrol that does not have an tacho on it. Is it possible to fit a tacho without any complications?. Anyone has done it?. How much will a tacho with shift light cost?. I dont want anything that is big and too fancy. Please let me know. Thank you.
Old 17th July 2009, 14:09   #257
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
What was the brand? and what was the build quality like? Also hows your hunt for A-Star or Ritz Tach coming along? I need a simple tach for my zen (old model too), any idea on prices of these OEM Tachs ?
I checked with the distributor today. The Ritz & A-Star Tacho's are not available. I asked they price and they were not able to tell me. I asked if they could get it if I placed an order and they said no. I didn't waste time asking them if it would work on an Alto.
Old 17th July 2009, 15:10   #258
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious55 View Post
I checked with the distributor today. The Ritz & A-Star Tacho's are not available. I asked they price and they were not able to tell me. I asked if they could get it if I placed an order and they said no. I didn't waste time asking them if it would work on an Alto.
They seem rather rude I just hate it when people respond like this. I'm quite certain that they should be available.

What if a customer had problems with the tacho in his car and it needs to be replaced? Is the distributor going to say that the part cannot be replaced as its only a factory fitment and cannot be replaced?

I will check with my M.A.S.S stockist here tmw and will give you an update!
Old 17th July 2009, 15:59   #259
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
They seem rather rude I just hate it when people respond like this. I'm quite certain that they should be available.
What if a customer had problems with the tacho in his car and it needs to be replaced? Is the distributor going to say that the part cannot be replaced as its only a factory fitment and cannot be replaced?
I will check with my M.A.S.S stockist here tmw and will give you an update!
I was quite irritated too. Even a Government office is more co-operative. I just wanted to tell them what you said. "I have damaged the tacho on my A-Star". But the I would not be able to ask them if it works on an Alto.
Old 17th July 2009, 16:07   #260
Senior - BHPian

@gpa & @furious55

There would be some agreement between them and Maruti that they won't supply to individual customers.

IF indeed there is problem with the tachometer in AStar or Ritz, you always have your friendly neighbourhood MASS to order and get you one if it indeed needs replacement.
Old 17th July 2009, 16:17   #261
Senior - BHPian

peter, why do you want that A star tacho, there are so many better ones in the after market. you have seen many i suppose. the smoked ones and the autogauge ones too. they are simple to install and work like a charm. they cost very less too.
Old 17th July 2009, 16:19   #262
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
@gpa & @furious55

There would be some agreement between them and Maruti that they won't supply to individual customers.

IF indeed there is problem with the tachometer in AStar or Ritz, you always have your friendly neighbourhood MASS to order and get you one if it indeed needs replacement.
The problem is that I need it for my Alto and MASS does not sell parts. They tell you to pick it up from the distributor (who has a retail sales counter). I got the parts for the Remote Boot Release from the same place.

@Amit
Peter does not need the tacho, I need it. His car already has one.

Last edited by Furious55 : 17th July 2009 at 16:21. Reason: Note to Amit
Old 17th July 2009, 16:25   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The problem is that I need it for my Alto and MASS does not sell parts. They tell you to pick it up from the distributor (who has a retail sales counter). I got the parts for the Remote Boot Release from the same place.

@Amit
Peter does not need the tacho, I need it. His car already has one.
opps sorry, i thought it was peter using your id. i suggest you that go for autogauge with shift light. will cost you in the range of 1500-2500 depending on the type and size you opt for.
Old 17th July 2009, 19:23   #264
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Should be making it to the M.A.S.S outlet tomorrow morning (that's if I survive the shenanigans tonite) and will keep you guys updated on what the outcome is.
Old 17th July 2009, 19:29   #265
BHPian

Quote:
I was quite irritated too. Even a Government office is more co-operative. I just wanted to tell them what you said. "I have damaged the tacho on my A-Star". But the I would not be able to ask them if it works on an Alto.
Hi Furious, it is really unfortunate that you have been having constant and irritating issues regarding your lovely red Alto. I remember reading your earlier posts on some regrettable experiences while buying the Alto and during the first service. As your ID suggests, I'm sure you must have been 'furious' with Maruti over their indifferent attitude.

The sad part of it all is that a few stupid, insensitive and arrogant clerks (with some fancy designation like customer service advisor, sales executive, etc) can really sour your impression of the product, in your case the Alto car. To make matters worse, your husband swears by Fiat and he must thinking "Sheesh! We should have stuck with a Fiat car after all." So much for the legendary Maruti A.S.S that almost everyone (including myself) on Team-BHP raves about.

Having said that, the Chowgule M.A.S.S over here in Panjim has been much better -- or at least more positive -- to many of its customers and I have had no issues with them.
Old 17th July 2009, 21:43   #266
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Hi Furious, it is really unfortunate that you have been having constant and irritating issues regarding your lovely red Alto. I remember reading your earlier posts on some regrettable experiences while buying the Alto and during the first service. As your ID suggests, I'm sure you must have been 'furious' with Maruti over their indifferent attitude.
I'm still furious.

Quote:
The sad part of it all is that a few stupid, insensitive and arrogant clerks (with some fancy designation like customer service advisor, sales executive, etc) can really sour your impression of the product, in your case the Alto car.
Aren't all sales executives & service advisors equally ignorant & arrogant. Just imagine, the service advisor tells Peter that the car is a Euro II.

Quote:
To make matters worse, your husband swears by Fiat and he must thinking "Sheesh! We should have stuck with a Fiat car after all." So much for the legendary Maruti A.S.S that almost everyone (including myself) on Team-BHP raves about.
I totally agree with him. If only the Uno was still available. As you know I bought the car to replace the Activa and the Alto & 800 were the only options.

Quote:
Having said that, the Chowgule M.A.S.S over here in Panjim has been much better -- or at least more positive -- to many of its customers and I have had no issues with them.
That's nice to hear. The Margao branch somehow always manages to goof up. My window filming is still not done. They couldn't do the Remote Boot release. And you must be knowing about the registration goof up. That was actually the fault of the Panjim office.

Sorry about being Off Topic here. I hope I get the tacho soon. Dinar & Amit (Technologist) have been given that task.
Old 17th July 2009, 23:47   #267
BHPian

Quote:
They couldn't do the Remote Boot release...I hope I get the tacho soon. Dinar & Amit (Technologist) have been given that task.
Please let me know if your are successful in installing the remote boot release in Margao. I am keen to do a similar fitment in my Alto. I am based in Porvorim and I can easily travel to Margao (where my mum-in-law lives) and get it done by your mechanic. Regarding the tacho, I don't know if M.A.S.S will allow me to do so, since my car is still under warranty. Many thanks.
Old 18th July 2009, 18:59   #268
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Tacho Update!

I had to go to my M.A.S.S afterall for a minor accident that occured this morning following which my front bumper had to be replaced. I also did manage to get an update on the tachometers.

Went up to the stock warehouse inside the M.A.S.S outlet and spoke to the two guys who handle inventory. Told them that I was interested in buying the tachometer of the A-Star to be fitted in my Alto and wondered if they had stock of that part and also its cost.

They were not sure of what I was talking about and one of them ran to get a parts catalogue of the A-Star. Just as he returned with it, my mechanic came up to get a few parts for another job that he was handling and on hearing what I wanted, browsed through the catalogue and found the part number of the tachometer for the A-Star.

The inventory guy then entered the part number into his computer database and voila, the part description and the cost popped up. Inclusive of taxes, the tachometer for the A-Star costs Rs. 1,037.

He was also kind enough to say that they don't have stock of that part and he can order it for me, if I wanted it fitted in my Alto. I told the guy that I might get it fitted at the 20,000 kms service which is due in a few months.

Bottomline, my M.A.S.S was willing to place an order for the tacho if I wanted it and was also willing to fit the same in my Alto. There was a board put up there saying 'NO WHOLE SALE OR RETAIL SALE OF PARTS HERE' so I'm guessing that I won't be able to buy the tacho and get it fitted outside.

Hope this helps

Cheers,
gpa

Last edited by gpa : 18th July 2009 at 19:04.
Old 18th July 2009, 19:30   #269
Senior - BHPian

^^ that is quite cheap and looks trendy too. very well if its fitted perfectly on the alto. it will benefit lacs of alto users.
Old 18th July 2009, 19:37   #270
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
^^ that is quite cheap and looks trendy too. very well if its fitted perfectly on the alto. it will benefit lacs of alto users.
Yup, it will look nice too. I think all inclusive the tacho + cable + labor for fitting should not cost more than Rs. 1750. Is there anything that I'm missing out?

The only problem is atleast in the stock room attached to the M.A.S.S outlet, they will not sell compnents over the counter. So one will have to get it fitted at the dealer itself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks