Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2010, 09:43   #436
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Yesterday in Mulund, near Nirmal Lifestyle, I saw a Swift fitted with 3 gauges which were vertically fitted in a sloping manner. These were fitted to the right of the driver a little front of him. I was wondering what gauges these could be - it looked very nice though it didn't seem useful, the driver would have take his eyes away from the road to look at these.
Old 10th December 2010, 04:26   #437
BHPian

Re: Tachometers

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Hi All, finally the tacho is fixed. Attached are the images. M.A.S.S. charged me Rs. 150/- for fixing this.

Attachment 457931

Attachment 457932

Attachment 457933

Regards,
Jose.
Looks good jose, Sorry about the late reply. I logged in after a very long time. Anyways, Tacho looks good. Good that MASS helped you with the installation. Here in hyderabad, MASS is of no help when it comes to after market fitment. Utterly hopeless
Old 10th December 2010, 14:00   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Looks good jose, Sorry about the late reply. I logged in after a very long time. Anyways, Tacho looks good. Good that MASS helped you with the installation. Here in hyderabad, MASS is of no help when it comes to after market fitment. Utterly hopeless
Dear kingofmyworld, no worries about the delay. Anyways, I'm happy with the installation.

My mechanic did not think twice to say 'Yes' in fixing the tacho. He was more than willing to do it. I wanted to do it as DIY but only thing that stopped me from doing it was connecting the illumination bulb of the tacho to the parking-light wire. I had no clue about this wire in the car.

Thanks,
Jose.
Old 7th May 2011, 10:26   #439
Senior - BHPian

Guys, any pointers as to where i can get an rpm meter fixed for my Zen (Mpfi) in Pune ? I asked in MASS, but they say they cant do it. I've got a prosport meter with a shift light. The diagram on the leaflet shows the connection is through the ECU.
Old 7th May 2011, 14:43   #440
BHPian

^^Ask any independent mechanic - he can do it. It's pretty simple job.
Old 7th May 2011, 15:31   #441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear kingofmyworld, no worries about the delay. Anyways, I'm happy with the installation.

My mechanic did not think twice to say 'Yes' in fixing the tacho. He was more than willing to do it. I wanted to do it as DIY but only thing that stopped me from doing it was connecting the illumination bulb of the tacho to the parking-light wire. I had no clue about this wire in the car.

Thanks,
Jose.
Jose it is not that difficult to connect any accessaries to lighting , just take the mains wire of any acessarry you want to connect and switch on the dim lights , connect the black earth wire to any metal part of car insert the acessarys lighting wire into socket of the combination switch below dash board and when the light comes on after looking for the right wire , test it by switching on and off , after this connect it to that particular wire. And it is done.
Old 7th May 2011, 15:50   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Guys, any pointers as to where i can get an rpm meter fixed for my Zen (Mpfi) in Pune ? I asked in MASS, but they say they cant do it. I've got a prosport meter with a shift light. The diagram on the leaflet shows the connection is through the ECU.
^^^ Can you please post the diagram?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Jose it is not that difficult to connect any accessaries to lighting...
The tacho in my car is working fine. MASS fixed tacho for Rs. 150/- and is doing its duty very well.

Thanks,
Jose.
Old 8th May 2011, 12:10   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Ask any independent mechanic - he can do it. It's pretty simple job.
I did actually, but they are all not that sure. Asked a few auto accessories guys as well.

Quote:
Can you please post the diagram?
This is the diagram. Looks like its a simple plug and play...!
Attached Thumbnails
Tachometers-20110508-11.49.15.jpg  

Tachometers-20110508-11.49.31.jpg  

Old 8th May 2011, 15:19   #444
BHPian

^^ The mechanics will not be able to do it. Ask a good auto electrician or try another smaller MASS.
Old 9th May 2011, 13:34   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post

This is the diagram. Looks like its a simple plug and play...!
I'm sorry fiar_tarun, I have no clue about this configuration. The one I installed in my M800 was easy, and it was sort of DIY. I've no clue if it involves the ECU.

Regards,
Jose.
Old 22nd May 2011, 16:30   #446
BHPian

Hello All,
I have decided to buy a Swift Lxi (K Series), and did a little reading here, can anyone suggest me a good Standalone Tacho with shift indicator(One with chrome will be appreciated as it would look stylish), where can i find it (I am from Pune) and also how much will i have to pay for it
Noob here..so need help
Old 22nd May 2011, 16:39   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shridhar.s.i View Post
Hello All,
I have decided to buy a Swift Lxi (K Series), and did a little reading here, can anyone suggest me a good Standalone Tacho with shift indicator(One with chrome will be appreciated as it would look stylish), where can i find it (I am from Pune) and also how much will i have to pay for it
Noob here..so need help
i dont know about the price it depends on the brand you buy like auto gauge or auto meter. You can contact N1 store thats in Mumbai, they must be having some dealer in Pune. Get intouch with N1.
Old 23rd May 2011, 12:55   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,
Noob here..so need help
I just got a 5inch Autogauge Tacho installed in my Swift, PM me for more details..
Old 23rd May 2011, 16:10   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrocks7 View Post
I just got a 5inch Autogauge Tacho installed in my Swift, PM me for more details..
Hey i have sent a PM to you, meanwhile can you post some pics of Tacho..eager to see them
Old 23rd May 2011, 16:20   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Hey i have sent a PM to you, meanwhile can you post some pics of Tacho..eager to see them
Will post the pictures soon. Actually have them in my phone, need to transfer it then will upload it.
jagrocks7 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed