Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2010, 07:54   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueRider View Post
If you are used to 400 bhp cars why didn't you just bring one from abroad when you came?
I'd love to but.... the place I stay in has left hand drives (hard to find a decent right hand drive) and I hate paying 150% or so tax on them. I rather pay that amount abroad and buy a better car there. And, considering the condition of roads in Kerala, I better not bring one. The cars would nose dive into one of those pot holes

Are there suspensions that can be adjusted? Stiff for performance and soft for bumpy roads?

Roads in Coimbatore are amazing.. I love the weather here too, such a clean and productive place.

O Kerala, where are we heading to
perfectfluke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2010, 09:56   #17
BHPian

Long stay in Coimbatore.. got the interiors done by Kitup. Took em 8 days.. visited parambikulam and ooty in the meantime..

For the engine mods, can't find any solution to mod the ikon brakes. Checked with red rooster.. they said they'd plate them for increased performance.

Opting for a stage 3 upgrade from red rooster.. they say i'll get a double increase in power. Time for installation - 3 - 4 days. Very reasonable compared to Kitups prolonged 7 day wait for just the interiors.

My mod is gonna get me 150bhp+ Whats the most powerful Ikon you've heard of?
Old 14th November 2010, 10:28   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectfluke View Post
Sure about the figure?
What mods are planned on the car to get this kind of power?
Old 15th November 2010, 09:53   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Opting for a stage 3 upgrade from red rooster.. they say i'll get a double increase in power.

Stage 3? 150 BHP? I think you are definitely going the turbo way. Details please. This could be the first turbo-charged petrol Ikon in the country
Old 15th November 2010, 10:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Long stay in Coimbatore.. got the interiors done by Kitup. Took em 8 days.. visited parambikulam and ooty in the meantime..

For the engine mods, can't find any solution to mod the ikon brakes. Checked with red rooster.. they said they'd plate them for increased performance.

Opting for a stage 3 upgrade from red rooster.. they say i'll get a double increase in power. Time for installation - 3 - 4 days. Very reasonable compared to Kitups prolonged 7 day wait for just the interiors.

Now that sounds very very interesting. I used to own an Ikon 1.6, the chasis is very capable, so with the power surge it should be a hell of a drive. Do put out the details once you get the build done !! Great decision. Your Ikon will surely be a one off. Never knew one could go this route with the Ikon.

What turbo might you be using ? T25 or a T28 ??

Looking forward to see this go forward

All the best for the build.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 15th November 2010 at 10:44.
Old 20th December 2010, 13:35   #21
BHPian

Re: Tuning workshops in Kerala

I need to find a reliable local workshop in Trivandrum for my diesel Contessa.Suspension needs maintanence,so i need to find someone who is knowlegeable about all these.So far the workshops i went to were a total letdown.So please post any workshops you visited and liked personally for the quality of service.
Old 20th December 2010, 15:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukundmenon View Post
I need to find a reliable local workshop in Trivandrum for my diesel Contessa.Suspension needs maintanence,so i need to find someone who is knowlegeable about all these.So far the workshops i went to were a total letdown.So please post any workshops you visited and liked personally for the quality of service.

For suspension work take the car to marikkar, they still maintain those GOVT ambys and contis, It will be little expensive that local workshops but you will have peace of mind, any issues there after will be addressed free of cost. BTW did you get the conti painted? I have posted a guys number in this thread It would be good to give him a call and take an estimate.

Pramod
Old 20th December 2010, 18:38   #23
Senior - BHPian

What is the update ?? Did you finally get 150 horses out of you Ikon ? Looking forward to pictures & ofcourse the review

Cheers
Old 27th December 2010, 16:28   #24
BHPian

Ricky, I'm really disappointed with the service from red rooster. I've been waiting ever since my last post here to finalize the deal. But they're keeping me waiting for some clutch. They are waiting for their suppliers to check whther they can arrange the perf clutch.

I'd called Prasanth several times, no answer, he just answered my call day b4 and said will call back soon. No info yet.

I'll keep you guys posted once its finalized.
Old 27th December 2010, 17:27   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ricky, I'm really disappointed with the service from red rooster. I've been waiting ever since my last post here to finalize the deal. But they're keeping me waiting for some clutch. They are waiting for their suppliers to check whther they can arrange the perf clutch.

I'd called Prasanth several times, no answer, he just answered my call day b4 and said will call back soon. No info yet.

I'll keep you guys posted once its finalized.

Sorry to hear that !! On the contrary I thought they were a thoroughly professional setup. Maybe the clutch is causing the delay, in which case they could certainly use some other branded racing clutch. (just thinking aloud)

I hope your project sees the light of day soon !!

All the best !!

Cheers
Old 27th December 2010, 19:17   #26
BHPian

Thanks mate, i really hope ikon can handle the 80 extra horses.. would be a waste otherwise.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members. Your post has been edited this time.

Last edited by n_aditya : 3rd January 2011 at 18:29.
Old 27th December 2010, 20:39   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thx m8, i really hope ikon can handle the 80 extra horses.. would be a waste otherwise.
If my Swift can run 120+ at the wheels, why do you doubt the Ikon ? Red Rooster is run by professionals, they know how to do things right.

Any which way I think the Ford build is tougher than Suzukis, so keep the faith & take the plunge

That my friend is the only way to find out !!!!!

All the best !

Cheers
Old 3rd January 2011, 15:56   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
If my Swift can run 120+ at the wheels, why do you doubt the Ikon ? Red Rooster is run by professionals, they know how to do things right.
@Ricky, Have you engaged Red Rooster for your SWIFT? I have been thinking of upgrading mine. Red Rooster quoted a price of 35K for their Power Drive package, which they say will yield about 15% power gain.

I am looking for the the Power Drive pack + Suspension + Clutch + Brakes. Also I am curious to know how noisy is your SWIFT after this updgrade. I don't wan't it to be too loud.

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year to all fellow BHPians!

Last edited by goldsun : 3rd January 2011 at 15:58. Reason: Minor Punctuation / Grammer issues.
Old 3rd January 2011, 17:17   #29
Senior - BHPian

My car was done here in Delhi, by Speedsport. I have no clue where he sourced the parts from.

My car sounds as if it were stock. I do not have a loud endcan. Why do you want to uprate the brakes ?? I do not think you need extra braking power for the 15% increase in power. I am still running stock brakes, though I will need to upgrade very soon !!

Cheers
Old 7th November 2011, 12:45   #30
BHPian

Here is the best option for any kind of automobile works @ TVM

Anju Auto Scans

They have well experienced technicians and good tools.

check this too

http://wikimapia.org/17928379/Lexus-Autos-919387730307

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks