Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2008, 15:53   #136
BHPian

Guys,

Any information about shops dealing in Llumar/Vkool ones in Chennai.Preferrably i am looking out for sunfilms only for the back and rear within a budget of 5K.The car is i10.
Old 11th February 2008, 16:03   #137
BHPian

Got this from the llumar india website

Chennai distributor:

SANDHYA
MS.LAXMI / VENKATRAMAN
17 , SRIMAN SRINIVASA ROAD, ALWARPET, CHENNAI - 600018.
TELE FAX : 9 1- 044 - 24988818 / 19.
CONTACT PERSON
S.VENKATRAMAN : 09841041132/ LAXMI : 09841029950
Old 12th February 2008, 15:17   #138
BHPian

Also found a car jewels shop in kodambakkam who deal with llumar sunfilms.

It is in the corner where you take the left from north usman road towards kodambakkam flyover. This is in the first floor of that building.
Old 12th February 2008, 19:13   #139
BHPian

Suggest me a sun film which does not affect my night driving/driving in the rain. I did not go for so long (8 months) but thinking of putting sun film mainly because of the hot summer setting up and it is irritating even the AC is switched on
Old 13th February 2008, 09:29   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Also found a car jewels shop in kodambakkam who deal with llumar sunfilms.

It is in the corner where you take the left from north usman road towards kodambakkam flyover. This is in the first floor of that building.
Thanks a lot Mission_Safari.

I spoke to the distributor in Chennai.Prolly i will go this weekend to Llumarize the i10.Is it always better to get the sunfilms done from the distributor since he might stock more variants and provide a better installation compared to the accessories store?
Old 13th February 2008, 10:51   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raajiv View Post
Thanks a lot Mission_Safari.

I spoke to the distributor in Chennai.Prolly i will go this weekend to Llumarize the i10.Is it always better to get the sunfilms done from the distributor since he might stock more variants and provide a better installation compared to the accessories store?

True. But the accessories shops do have experienced people who can do these jobs to perfection.
Old 16th February 2008, 09:54   #142
Senior - BHPian

Hi do you guys think it's advisable to get sun film on the front screen as well.It really hurts eyes to stare out on sunny days.
Old 10th March 2008, 00:25   #143

How do you guys verify the authenticity of sunfilm installed ?

Yesterday I went to a dealer in Hyderabad to get sunfilm installed, he was carrying llumar, filmpro and garware brands. I was shown an album of each brand listing out the
specifications of different variants. Finally selected llumar AIR75 for front, PP70 for rear and some steel 50 for sides. Total bill came to around 10K.

Those people did a decent installation as well, but I was having no way to identify that they are installing the same variants I selected, all these films were kept in big rolls and was not having any individual packing or branding. I had asked the same question to the installer, only to get a reply that they will not do such a con job. I did not even got a proper bill or warranty card.

Request advise from other BHPians who had particularly gone for llumar on the warranty / bill and identification part.

Mahesh
Old 10th March 2008, 08:22   #144
Team-BHP Support

you should have got a warranty card.
Old 10th March 2008, 15:16   #145
BHPian

I have gone for LLumar Silver series R35 for my swift, costed 1500Rs and did not get any warranty card

And I have been told it is installed by the people from company but the installation is pathetic.

I have installed from Autoshop Bangalore. I would not recommend anyone to them
Old 18th March 2008, 11:27   #146
BHPian

Guys

Any information about shops dealing with Vkool in Bangalore or Cochin?

i am planning to put sun film in the wind screen also(plane one).how much will it cost for all the glasses??

Car is Getz

Please advise and better suggestions if any

regards
binoy
Old 18th March 2008, 12:24   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_mahu View Post

Yesterday I went to a dealer in Hyderabad to get sunfilm installed, he was carrying llumar, filmpro and garware brands. I was shown an album of each brand listing out the
specifications of different variants. Finally selected llumar AIR75 for front, PP70 for rear and some steel 50 for sides. Total bill came to around 10K.

Those people did a decent installation as well, but I was having no way to identify that they are installing the same variants I selected, all these films were kept in big rolls and was not having any individual packing or branding. I had asked the same question to the installer, only to get a reply that they will not do such a con job. I did not even got a proper bill or warranty card.

Request advise from other BHPians who had particularly gone for llumar on the warranty / bill and identification part.

Mahesh
Where did you get it done? I am also planning to change to Llumar from the existing ones which are a bit dark.
Old 18th March 2008, 12:26   #148
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_mahu View Post

Mahesh
In case of a genuine install you will get Bill and Warranty card.
If you go grey, you are at the mercy of the installer.
Old 18th March 2008, 13:52   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Where did you get it done? I am also planning to change to Llumar from the existing ones which are a bit dark.
I got it done from Xenex, near Hitech city. You can speak to one Mr Ramesh Nagpal of Ambica Auto Agencies, Minister Road (Phone number you can get from Llumar India Site). He can help guiding to a dealer close to you.

@tsk1979, I went for genuine install only. While doing the install I thought I will be getting the bill and warranty card at the end. However when the install job was finished it was late in the night and the owner of the shop had already disappeared.

I was asked not to wipe the glass from inside or roll down the windows for 72 hours. On the fourth day while washing the car I found some sort of watermark on front and rear windshield films saying "Sun Control V L T 60%".
While I don't know if this is Llumar sunfilm, one thing I was sure that they have not put AIR75 and PP70.

The dealer have now promised to change the front sunfilm with the model I requested for and to give warranty card for all. I have decided not to change the rear film because of defogger worries.

I had a word with the Llumar distributer in Hyderabad over phone, He has promised to help out if things go bad with this dealer again. I will be mostly going there today, will keep updated.

Regards,

Mahesh
Old 19th March 2008, 00:23   #150

Just for people interested in Garware range of products.

If you are looking for a genuine dealer (for bill & warranty) spend few bucks in calling up Garware's sales department at mumbai - Garware Suncontrol Window Film: Contact Us

They should be able to tell you Garware's official sales representative at your city. Get in touch with that guy and he will direct you to a proper dealer.

Last week I enquired for Hyderabad dealers. Garware's official sales rep in Hyderabad is Satya Prasad ( 9848132905 ). He directed me to couple of good dealers where you atleast get to see the entire product ranges. Otherwise a normal auto accessories shop will try to hard sell the stock he is sitting on. They will even present you contradictory versions of which product range is RTA approved and which is not, let alone the product specs.

Garware's sales rep will possibly give you an idea about the price as well. Then you can bargain with the dealer for something better.

Satya's estimate for my Marina (having 2 additional glass pieces at the rear) was 6200/- (incl tax & fitting) for Ice Cool Elite range. Dealer agreed to 5000/- . I am going to get them on my car this weekend.

Atleast I am impressed about the way they have presented their product specs (see Automotive Window Tinting | Car Window Shades & Tinting | Automobile Window Tinting ). I've heard they had good product demo at the Delhi Auto Expo this year. Not sure how the real experience would be. TATA-Garware full desi combo - I love india .
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks