Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2008, 02:07   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoyb22 View Post
Guys

Any information about shops dealing with Vkool in Bangalore or Cochin?

i am planning to put sun film in the wind screen also(plane one).how much will it cost for all the glasses??

Car is Getz

Please advise and better suggestions if any

regards
binoy

Hey guys any answers to this? I'm quite unhappy with Llumar's cooling capabilities and therefore would like to change my tints. Vkool is the only one you can trust completely to bring down temperatures, so I'd like to find out if Vkool installers are available. Else I plan to buy the film here and bring it down with me.
Old 19th March 2008, 13:50   #152
Senior - BHPian

Steeroid, you talking about Bangalore or Cochin. In Bangalore, InfraKool solutions is the shop you need to go to. They are the wholesale dealers and will also install it for you. 5% discount with bill. 10% without bill.

They are on LalBagh Road. I think I posted their fone no. too in some post on this thread.
Old 19th March 2008, 14:31   #153
BHPian

@csenthil

Can i get the contact information of InfraKool solutions??
Old 19th March 2008, 15:11   #154
BHPian

senthil sorry i didn't read the last line of your previous post.

Steeroid,I called up infrakool and they said they have 5 packages depending upon the heat rejection(63% to 100%)

The price ranges from 17k to 33k(all 5 glasses)

he said will get discount but will be minimal.
Old 19th March 2008, 15:16   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
I have gone for LLumar Silver series R35 for my swift, costed 1500Rs and did not get any warranty card

And I have been told it is installed by the people from company but the installation is pathetic.

I have installed from Autoshop Bangalore. I would not recommend anyone to them
1) Lumar L35 is more than 2.5 in most shops.
2) 1.5 Looks like a con job :(
3) where is this auto shop, address and land mark will help all of us to Avoid It
Old 19th March 2008, 15:36   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Hey guys any answers to this? I'm quite unhappy with Llumar's cooling capabilities and therefore would like to change my tints. Vkool is the only one you can trust completely to bring down temperatures, so I'd like to find out if Vkool installers are available. Else I plan to buy the film here and bring it down with me.
I'd looked around for V-KOOL in Kochi about a year back, but could not find a dealer. Everybody rolls their eyes and asks why I need pricey V-Kool when they have as-good-as-vkool-Llumar. Hmmmm!

My need was a bit urgent so I gave in to Llumar. Since the primary requirement was privacy (I'd been running on NO sunfilm for about 4 years), I find Llumar good enough for my needs.

Why don't you get the job done in Bangalore (your Safari goes there often enough I guess) considering there's a dealer there?
Old 19th March 2008, 15:45   #157
BHPian

Correction in my previous post.its not 5 its 6 glasses(including front)
Old 19th March 2008, 16:32   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Will save you $$$ I guess. All you need to do is find a good free lancer. Mine was done by a free lancer guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoyb22 View Post
senthil sorry i didn't read the last line of your previous post.

Steeroid,I called up infrakool and they said they have 5 packages depending upon the heat rejection(63% to 100%)

The price ranges from 17k to 33k(all 5 glasses)

he said will get discount but will be minimal.
Wow! pricey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
My need was a bit urgent so I gave in to Llumar. Since the primary requirement was privacy (I'd been running on NO sunfilm for about 4 years), I find Llumar good enough for my needs.

Why don't you get the job done in Bangalore (your Safari goes there often enough I guess) considering there's a dealer there?
Ah! it took you four years to?
Old 19th March 2008, 16:39   #159
Senior - BHPian

I paid 11000 and got VKool installed on the windscreen of my Getz. The windscreen got a crack after 6 months and I had to replace the windscreen. Please note that the chance of getting a crack on the windscreen is high. Its better to install high quality film on the side glasses than windscreen.
Old 19th March 2008, 20:43   #160
Senior - BHPian

But the sunfilm also provides protection against windscreen shattering on impact. I had a stone hit have a minute round crack on the front windscreen. However the crack has not developed further in the last one year. Windshield experts said the glass had to be replaced and the crack will grow. But once they knew there was a sunfilm, they said the chances of the crack widening is less. It also helped that I had a nice transparent sticker stuck on top of the crack. This was provided by Windshield experts.
Old 19th March 2008, 23:00   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Will save you $$$ I guess. All you need to do is find a good free lancer. Mine was done by a free lancer guy.
A Free Lancer I want, please tell me from where to pick it up

[P.S. - Freelancer. I guess im following in Sam's footsteps.]
Old 19th March 2008, 23:33   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
But the sunfilm also provides protection against windscreen shattering on impact. I had a stone hit have a minute round crack on the front windscreen. However the crack has not developed further in the last one year. Windshield experts said the glass had to be replaced and the crack will grow. But once they knew there was a sunfilm, they said the chances of the crack widening is less. It also helped that I had a nice transparent sticker stuck on top of the crack. This was provided by Windshield experts.
In my case, the crack was due to a peice of gravel fallen from the lorry in front. It was a very small crack at the top of the windshield. Initially, I did not notice it at all. The same day itself the crack spread substantially. I did not have a choice other than to replace the windshield. I got the windshield replaced from windshield experts the next day.
Old 20th March 2008, 07:16   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
A Free Lancer I want, please tell me from where to pick it up

[P.S. - Freelancer. I guess im following in Sam's footsteps.]

hehe. freelancer it is, not a free lancer :P
Old 20th March 2008, 09:05   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I paid 11000 and got VKool installed on the windscreen of my Getz. The windscreen got a crack after 6 months and I had to replace the windscreen. Please note that the chance of getting a crack on the windscreen is high. Its better to install high quality film on the side glasses than windscreen.

What i know is that if you go for the VKool (for front windshield), then you get free insurance for your windshield for 1 year!!
Any damage to the windshied , and you get free windshied and film..

This was told to me buy VKool dealer some 2 years back..
Old 20th March 2008, 12:31   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravchawla View Post
What i know is that if you go for the VKool (for front windshield), then you get free insurance for your windshield for 1 year!!
Any damage to the windshied , and you get free windshied and film..

This was told to me buy VKool dealer some 2 years back..
I got only warranty of 5 years for the sunfilm. But the warranty is only for any damage to the sunfilm and installation issues. If the windshield breaks, there is no replacement.

My windshield broke just after 6 months of installation of the sunfilm. When I contacted them on phone, they told me to come to their showroom with the new windshield and they would put sunfilm for free under warranty. I called them again before going there to confirm whether they will install film for free.

Once I reached there with the new windshield, they changed their stand and said I have to buy the film and they can give 5% discount. I was annoyed and did not go for it.

I find the warranty for 5 years a waste as only scratches and installation issues are covered. With the construction activities around my house, the chance of breakage is high.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed