Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2008, 12:47   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
1) Lumar L35 is more than 2.5 in most shops.
2) 1.5 Looks like a con job :(
3) where is this auto shop, address and land mark will help all of us to Avoid It
I checked film it has Lumar printed on it. So I thought it is original and also the box which was kept is the same.

Autoshop is in Banashankari and the other one is in Koramanagala
Old 23rd March 2008, 21:25   #167
BHPian

Any good place in Cochin to get Sun film done for Baleno?

Nirmal
Old 23rd March 2008, 21:55   #168
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalts View Post

For branded ones, plenty of places near Popular, Mamangalam and the road to Civil Station from Palarivattom, right up to the TVS multi-brand workshop. There are couple of new shops on the old leg of road to cheranellore from Edappally byepass junction.

Several on byepass beftween palarivattom junction and vytilla junction.

For unbranded ones, I got it done by a guy from near the Ernakulam Town north Police station. It is actually a garware classic one.
Old 24th March 2008, 00:49   #169
BHPian

Why all "guy"s give Garware for cheap? Even my tints are from this "guy" near opera house and they are Garware. Does a perfect job installing them (No bubbles and no scratches) and also it keeps the sun out pretty good. Just for a grand.
Old 24th March 2008, 09:11   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravchawla View Post
What i know is that if you go for the VKool (for front windshield), then you get free insurance for your windshield for 1 year!!
Any damage to the windshied , and you get free windshied and film..

This was told to me buy VKool dealer some 2 years back..
See PatienceWins post..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I got only warranty of 5 years for the sunfilm. But the warranty is only for any damage to the sunfilm and installation issues. If the windshield breaks, there is no replacement.

My windshield broke just after 6 months of installation of the sunfilm. When I contacted them on phone, they told me to come to their showroom with the new windshield and they would put sunfilm for free under warranty. I called them again before going there to confirm whether they will install film for free.

Once I reached there with the new windshield, they changed their stand and said I have to buy the film and they can give 5% discount. I was annoyed and did not go for it.

I find the warranty for 5 years a waste as only scratches and installation issues are covered. With the construction activities around my house, the chance of breakage is high.
It should be that way. Giving a new sunfilm if the windshield breaks is not viable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalts View Post

Nirmal
Emperor, Palarivattom. Ask Hydrashok or nikkbike.
Old 24th March 2008, 15:35   #171
Senior - BHPian

Hi buddy, when I met you the other day at auto fusion did you have the Vkool on the windsheild? Or did this accident happen after that. Too bad this happened.

Any recomendation for my alto. I need a light tint for night drives and around 2-3K max budget. Need acceptable heat protection for the budget. Please help.
Old 24th March 2008, 15:50   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Hi buddy, when I met you the other day at auto fusion did you have the Vkool on the windsheild? Or did this accident happen after that. Too bad this happened.

Any recomendation for my alto. I need a light tint for night drives and around 2-3K max budget. Need acceptable heat protection for the budget. Please help.
No yaar, the windshield broke 3 months back. A gravel stone hit the extreme top of the windshield (just below the rubber beading). I just made it.

I miss the sunfilm now as summer has started in Bangalore. 11k went waste as I could not preserve it for summer.

I would recommend you to get Lumar/ Garware as most of us are happy with it.

The chance of windshield getting broken is high. Winshield Experts say 90% of the windshields are broken because of pebbles flying from the tyre of vehicle in front on highways or things falling from uncovered carriage of heavy vehicles.

I might go for Lumar soon. The construction activity around my place is holding me back.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 24th March 2008 at 15:52.
Old 13th April 2008, 17:02   #173
BHPian

Can someone tell me the preferred installers for 3M sunfilm in Bangalore
Old 16th April 2008, 18:58   #174

SolarGuard??

Anyone heard/used SolarGuard marketed under Xeons.. Any information on the Door Films and Front Windscreen would be helpful. Price quoted was 3 (doors) + 3(Windscreen) = 6K for a swift? Is it worth a buy, VFM??
Old 18th April 2008, 16:46   #175
Senior - BHPian

Sun Film on front windscreen... guys why dont you go in for sun glasses.. they will me you look cooler too :-)
Old 18th April 2008, 16:58   #176
BHPian

But those sunglasses wont keep the car interiors cool now will they
Old 21st April 2008, 06:26   #177
BHPian

Can you guys suggest a good colour of sun film for a silky silver SWIFT LDI and who would be a good installer in Chennai.

My preference is carbon black but I hear that it is prohibited in some cities. The other issues with black are that they are not good for night driving and the windows sweat when the AC is switched on at night. However excessive window sweating can be reduced by directing the AC vents to the front leg space in a SWIFT.

Another way to reduce sweating at the rear window and better visibility is to have a very light sunfilm / no sunfilm at the rear windows and go for black for the windows only. what do you guys feel?

Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestions.
Old 26th April 2008, 17:10   #178
BANNED

Llumar Steel

hi,
don't know much about sun films, but i am planning to go for Llumar steel 50 for sides and not sure of the rear i think it was steel 70. both are from the platinum series. i got quote of 5.2k inlcuding installation with 2 years warranty. i got this quote from a dealer elegant in gurgaon. is the price ok. the installation would be done at my place and the guys would come from company itself.
Old 26th April 2008, 21:46   #179
BHPian

Guys i want help in deciding for applying the sun film for my Swift...
Any idea who does it best in Pune and which ones to go for.
Maruti dealers apply the ones from Garware which cost 1200 bucks ?
Are these films good enough in blocking UV and sunlight and do they
create problems for vision during night driving..?
Need your help guys

Last edited by tush : 26th April 2008 at 21:47.
Old 26th April 2008, 21:48   #180
BHPian

Garware is good. Even better would be LLumar,3M or VKool. Please read through the posts above

Nirmal
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks