Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2008, 02:49   #181
BANNED

Llumar For Civic

guys, just came back from the authorized llumar dealer in gurgaon. i am planning to go for steel 50 for sides and Grey 70 for rear. i have got a quote of Rs.5250 inlcuding installation by company guys.
do you think its a good deal. the steel 50 had neutral color, they were not black or grey. but as per traffic rules, i cant go for the steel 35, which had a darker shade as only 50 and 70 are allowed.
guys, need suggestions on the film and price. should i go for llumar or 3m which is much cheaper.
Old 28th April 2008, 13:13   #182
BHPian

I was looking for Sun Film for my Indica (I ripped off one before because of the ban in delhi) so I just spoke to someone in Lumar office in Karol Bagh. They offered 3 varieties
Silver series 2000 (Side)+1200(Back)+1300(Front)
Platinum - PP70 5500(Side)+2000(Back)+2500(Front)
Diamond Series 11000(Side)+5000(Back)+6000(Front)
Old 28th April 2008, 17:45   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
I was looking for Sun Film for my Indica (I ripped off one before because of the ban in delhi) so I just spoke to someone in Lumar office in Karol Bagh. They offered 3 varieties
Silver series 2000 (Side)+1200(Back)+1300(Front)
Platinum - PP70 5500(Side)+2000(Back)+2500(Front)
Diamond Series 11000(Side)+5000(Back)+6000(Front)
Just sent a mail to Garware and got the following quote
ICE Cool - 5800 Rs
Classic Light - 1700 Rs (Side+Back) and solution for windshieid 1800 Rs and it will be 30% Heat resistent and 40% UV Protect. This deal is looking good and most important, its within my budget. Going to get it installed on next weekend and will update this thread.
Old 29th April 2008, 00:22   #184
BHPian

I got llumar on my car as a part of accessories from white filed honda. They did not give any warranty or bill. Says if something happens it will be taken care by their service centre. Windows got llumar sticker saying do not slide doors for next 48 hrs. How do I figure out whether they stalled llumar or not? Who ever purchsed with sunfilm part of free accessary did they get bill/warranty card?
Old 29th April 2008, 11:02   #185
Senior - BHPian

What Llumar type did you get installed? Was it a free accessory? If so they would have most probably given you the basic model which is of no great use. No way they are going to give you the ones which cost 5K or so. If its a cheap one then they won't bother with warranty or whatever as they can always remove it and get a new one done for you !!!
Old 29th April 2008, 13:55   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podilam View Post
I got llumar on my car as a part of accessories from white filed honda. They did not give any warranty or bill. Says if something happens it will be taken care by their service centre. Windows got llumar sticker saying do not slide doors for next 48 hrs. How do I figure out whether they stalled llumar or not? Who ever purchsed with sunfilm part of free accessary did they get bill/warranty card?
Without B&W, there is no way to confirm whether its genuine film or not. The only thing, you can do, is check the water mark available on the film. When I spoke to Lumar, I was told that always ask for bill as they are lot many fake items available these days. I am getting it directly from Lumar, not from any local shop. They are coming to my home to get it installed.
Old 4th May 2008, 14:45   #187
BHPian

Sunfilm and rear defogger

Is it correct that rear defogger will get damaged when installing sunfilm on rear windscreen? Installer i checked says that many people let go the defogger as it is hardly usable in local climate.
Old 4th May 2008, 23:20   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
Is it correct that rear defogger will get damaged when installing sunfilm on rear windscreen?
I haven't had a problem with this on any of my cars, but it would do you good to check this thread out. Ensure that your installer does not cut any of the defogger strips.
Old 19th May 2008, 12:30   #189
BHPian

Garware / Llumar / 3 M- which one?

After visiting a number of shops at G.P.Road and Usman Road I found out the following (which may be of some help to others)-

Garware

1. This is the most economical sun film available. They have an option of coming to your home and put the films. The phone no. of Garware at Chennai is 044-28420939 (sourced from the Garware website).

2. Cost -
(i) Rs.1100 inclusive of installation at home. This for the cheapest variety of "black beauty" films. Rs.1100/- is is cost of the "International brand" of Garware and it comes with a 1 year warranty. Heat rejection is around 35%.

(ii) Rs.1800/- is the cost of the next range and it comes with a 3 year warranty. Heat rejection is around 40% - 45%.

(iii) The top end model comes for around 6000/- and the heat rejection is around 55%.

Llumar

3. This is the medium range of sun film available.The phone no. of Llumar at Chennai is 04424988818 / 19 (sourced from the Llumar website).The Lumar range starts from 1800/- and goes upto 13000/- approximately.

3 M / V kool

4. This is the premium range of sun films where the heat rejection is very high as claimed by the companies. They do not have a wide distribution network and prices start from Rs.5000/- onwards.

XENOS SUN FILMS

Xenos has come up with protective films for cars and they are quite new in the market and not very popular. For further details in Chennai you can call Rajesh @ 044 - 32970660.
Old 2nd June 2008, 02:19   #190
BANNED

Certain products from Garware are RTO approved; how about products from Llumar. Like Garware, does Llumar also provide an option of home installations?

All in all, what would be the better choice between Garware and Llumar, with respect to quality, warranty period and after sales service?

Thanks
P.S. Are the rate quotes posted, vehicle dependent?

Last edited by luvjascha : 2nd June 2008 at 02:31.
Old 5th June 2008, 14:17   #191
BHPian

Hi All,

I am planning to install a sunfilm on side and back of my new I10. My budget is below 2k, so plan to go for LLumar. I enquired in couple of shops and they mentioned that FilmPro is better than LLumar. I have not seen any feed back on FilmPro. Can somebody share their feedback on FilmPro. Is it better than LLumar?

regards
Old 26th June 2008, 22:53   #192
Senior - BHPian

Fitting new Sun Film during the rainy season

Hi guys my car (M 800) is 11 years and so is the sun film fitted on the windows.The film has really deteriorated especially at the rear ones leading to blured visiblity.I am thinking of changing it but am hesisitant as due to the current weather the film might catch air bubbles which could lead to the film getting spoilt.Is its a good to get it fitted in this season.
Also which color will look good for a white car.
Many thanks in advance
Old 27th June 2008, 00:55   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netrife View Post
Hi All,

I am planning to install a sunfilm on side and back of my new I10. My budget is below 2k, so plan to go for LLumar. I enquired in couple of shops and they mentioned that FilmPro is better than LLumar. I have not seen any feed back on FilmPro. Can somebody share their feedback on FilmPro. Is it better than LLumar?
regards
Not sure if it is better than Llumar or not FWIW I also got it installed on my (my sister's actually) i10 and no problems so far. But, it isn't cheaper than Llumar and IIRC it costed a lot more than 2K.
Old 27th June 2008, 11:50   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautam Misra View Post
After visiting a number of shops at G.P.Road and Usman Road I found out the following (which may be of some help to others)-

Garware

1. This is the most economical sun film available. They have an option of coming to your home and put the films. The phone no. of Garware at Chennai is 044-28420939 (sourced from the Garware website).

2. Cost -
(i) Rs.1100 inclusive of installation at home. This for the cheapest variety of "black beauty" films. Rs.1100/- is is cost of the "International brand" of Garware and it comes with a 1 year warranty. Heat rejection is around 35%.

(ii) Rs.1800/- is the cost of the next range and it comes with a 3 year warranty. Heat rejection is around 40% - 45%.

(iii) The top end model comes for around 6000/- and the heat rejection is around 55%.

Llumar

3. This is the medium range of sun film available.The phone no. of Llumar at Chennai is 04424988818 / 19 (sourced from the Llumar website).The Lumar range starts from 1800/- and goes upto 13000/- approximately.

3 M / V kool

4. This is the premium range of sun films where the heat rejection is very high as claimed by the companies. They do not have a wide distribution network and prices start from Rs.5000/- onwards.

XENOS SUN FILMS

Xenos has come up with protective films for cars and they are quite new in the market and not very popular. For further details in Chennai you can call Rajesh @ 044 - 32970660.

Excellent post. Thanks for all the details. Worth bookmarking. For 3M they have an authorized center here in Chennai near S.I.E.T college/ Teynampet signal. I think the person in charge is called Vinayaga Murthy - 0944404274 or 044-24315317

Vkool i remember seeing a shop with a Vkool signboard on top of it on that road that connects Anna Salai to GN Chetty Road , the one before Gemini fly over next to the Mercedes Benz showroom and Anna Arivalayam but havent checked it out.

Last edited by bottle : 27th June 2008 at 11:55.
Old 29th June 2008, 12:03   #195
BHPian

Reviving a 2 year old thread.Don't know whether I am posting it in correct thread or not.

I want a sunfilm for my Brush Steel Fiesta.Any suggestions guys which brand,which color should I go for?I want very light ones and not jet black mafia types.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks