Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2008, 18:44   #196
BHPian

I got 3M sun film as compliments when I took my i10 last week. the sun film is pretty good. But i kind of don't like the small logo "3M" which comes in the film, these almost come in the center of the glasses. when i asked why this was there, the guy who was fitting it said that there were lots of duplicate 3M films in the market and the duplicate ones don't have the marking. Don't know how true this is, though.
Old 29th June 2008, 21:43   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
But i kind of don't like the small logo "3M" which comes in the film, these almost come in the center of the glasses. when i asked why this was there, the guy who was fitting it said that there were lots of duplicate 3M films in the market and the duplicate ones don't have the marking. Don't know how true this is, though.
Yes, the 3M mark will be present only on the original 3M films. I dont see why it's bothering you. Unless you focus on the mark itself, you dont realize it's there.
Old 29th June 2008, 21:49   #198
BHPian

Hi,

I had got 3M CT35 sun film fixed on my I10 Magna during the first service. But I immediately saw some air bubbles in the sun film. When I enquired with the showroom person, he mentioned that I can wait for 3 days and if the air bubbles are still seen he will replace the film. But my car rear glass has defogger and I am worried that peeling of the sunfilm may damage the defogger. Can somebody suggest what I should do now?
Old 30th June 2008, 08:32   #199
BANNED

hi friends i dont know whether this is right place or not but can i know the procedure to get darker film permission.
Old 30th June 2008, 09:14   #200
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry2223 View Post
hi friends i dont know whether this is right place or not but can i know the procedure to get darker film permission.
Its very difficult in Pb now with the high court order. You have to go to DTO/chief ministers office/Police commissioners office.
Only if you have a certain security level provided to you (for eg Z) then you are issued the permission
Old 30th June 2008, 10:26   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netrife View Post
Hi,

I had got 3M CT35 sun film fixed on my I10 Magna during the first service. But I immediately saw some air bubbles in the sun film. When I enquired with the showroom person, he mentioned that I can wait for 3 days and if the air bubbles are still seen he will replace the film. But my car rear glass has defogger and I am worried that peeling of the sunfilm may damage the defogger. Can somebody suggest what I should do now?
It is not advisable to remove the the film from the defogger lined rear windshield.

If its a small bubble,, live with it.. Else punture it and press it..

waiting for 3 days is not convicing.. after 3 days you will only see more and more bubble/spots on the films..
Old 30th June 2008, 10:36   #202
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Only if you have a certain security level provided to you (for eg Z) then you are issued the permission
(sarcasm)

Oh. That is real easy. Murder some guy, win an election, get defeated in election by a senior politician, etc. Now claim you have a security threat against you.

(/sarcasm)
Old 30th June 2008, 10:44   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Yes, the 3M mark will be present only on the original 3M films. I dont see why it's bothering you. Unless you focus on the mark itself, you dont realize it's there.
Yes, thats true, only if we focus on it, it is visible otherwise it is not much of a bother.
Old 30th June 2008, 13:52   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
Yes, thats true, only if we focus on it, it is visible otherwise it is not much of a bother.
but then if it is too visible/prominent, then that could be a duplicate too. Where did you install this & how much did you pay for it ?
Old 30th June 2008, 14:04   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netrife View Post
Hi,

If its the showroom, you should ask them to replace the defogger as well if it gets damaged.

Btw, how much did you pay for the film? I'm being asked for Rs3,400 for 3M by my dealer. And he is guaranteeing no air bubbles.
Old 30th June 2008, 14:34   #206
BHPian

I am planning to install the sun film on my car in Germany on my own. The cost of the installation by a professional is too much.
Has anyone done this?. If yes please give me some inputs. I read the detailed procedure and watched some videos giving some tips for the installation.
Old 30th June 2008, 18:54   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
but then if it is too visible/prominent, then that could be a duplicate too. Where did you install this & how much did you pay for it ?

Hi E_L, got it free (complimentary) when I took my new car the i10. The guys installing it had 3M logo on their uniforms. So I do hope that the film I got was original.
Old 30th June 2008, 18:56   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivapsreddy View Post
I am planning to install the sun film on my car in Germany on my own. The cost of the installation by a professional is too much.
Has anyone done this?. If yes please give me some inputs. I read the detailed procedure and watched some videos giving some tips for the installation.
I was with the technicians when they were doing the installation in my car. It is a very meticulous process. The cutting of the film has to be precise. Also they use a hair-dryer kind of apparatus to gently heat the film so that it sticks with-out creating any air bubbles during installation.
Old 1st July 2008, 15:09   #209
BHPian

Changing Sunfilm, will it damage defogger?

I have a question regarding changing my sun film in my car. It may be silly to ask this.

Is there a chance of damaging the defogger in the rare window of the car when the guys are working on removing and fixing a different sun film?

If yes, can anyone please tell me what is the solution?

I was told by one of the accessory guy that the defogger is built in the glass itself and it will not be damaged.

Please give me your opinion about it.

Thanks.
Old 1st July 2008, 15:21   #210
BHPian

I think,the only problem is with local sunfilms,they leave the gum on the windsheild when removed,using a quality/branded sun film wont trouble you.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks