Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2005, 10:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

ok no arguments sir.but we were talking about the dark black ones remember.any way lets drop it.

Rev
Old 10th October 2005, 10:21   #17
BHPian

Now that's a tough question. It's a balance between comfort and visibility. It's a no-brainer that dark film will aid your air-con better, while at the same time, decrease your visiblity during night time. So I think it's up to you to decide what. If you don't do much driving at night then you could go in for dark ones, otherwise stick to really light gray ones. But the toughest part is to determine the legality of the tint. What might be acceptable to a cop in your locality might not be for the cop in the next block !!!

BTW I think all the recent cars come with tinted glasses that are in the legal 70% visiblity region. You can check it out in the corner of the glass, near the logo.
Old 10th October 2005, 10:24   #18
Senior - BHPian

I have had not problems with Sun film. I dont think you will realize their importance till summer hits you in all her fury. That is when you will appreciate them ... The A/C becomes more efficient, you are shielded from UV radiation etc etc.
Old 10th October 2005, 10:28   #19
Senior - BHPian

POINT TO NOTE :- the topic in discussion here is DARK black film(illegal).if its a question about the normal(legal) tints then its definitle advisible to have it but here we are debating whether to have the illegal ones or not as they are really very dark.

Rev
Old 10th October 2005, 10:58   #20
Team-BHP Support

Not 70%. the front and rear is minimum 70% visibility and sides should be atleast 60% visibility. also they cannot strip your car of tints unless they have a light meter which shows your tints being above limit.
Old 10th October 2005, 11:12   #21
Team-BHP Support

tsk, tell that to the cop. light meter. ha ha ha callibrated by the ISLE i bet!
Old 10th October 2005, 11:15   #22
Team-BHP Support

But the cop cannot give you a receipt without the meter. I once got into an argument in chd and when i asked him to write on the challan receipt that there was no meter, he chickened out. Dont give up your rights people. Infact if you wave a copy of Motor vehicles act at a traffic cop most of them get scared.
Old 10th October 2005, 14:21   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
also they cannot strip your car of tints unless they have a light meter which shows your tints being above limit.
it happened to a friends car.he got the vip extra black tint on his honda city.the cops at eros stopped him and told him to pay a fine of 2000 bucks or something which obiously he refused.they took the keys from him got it towed to some garage took the tints of very shabily and gave the keys back to him.they said next time they catch him with those tints theyll break the windows.he knew he was in the wrong and not having any political contact couldnt do much.

Rev
Old 10th October 2005, 21:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
POINT TO NOTE :- the topic in discussion here is DARK black film(illegal).if its a question about the normal(legal) tints then its definitle advisible to have it but here we are debating whether to have the illegal ones or not as they are really very dark.

Rev
if this is the debating topic then forget comfort, visibility

these films are illegal period
Old 10th October 2005, 21:20   #25
Senior - BHPian

true but dadudeonfire wants it on his modified sail and i think it will make his car look much better.thats why its in discussion.

Rev
Old 10th October 2005, 21:27   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
true but dadudeonfire wants it on his modified sail and i think it will make his car look much better.thats why its in discussion.

Rev

but it is still illegal
Old 10th October 2005, 22:02   #27
Senior - BHPian

if you want to look at things from that angle.he doesnt have a valid driving liscence thats illegal too right.

rev
Old 10th October 2005, 22:10   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
if you want to look at things from that angle.he doesnt have a valid driving liscence thats illegal too right.

rev
yes ofcourse & if your search forum I have always opposed to underaged driving

found it just wierd that a seniour member like you would actually discuss some illegal stuff
Old 10th October 2005, 22:27   #29
BANNED

Quote:

rev
i know that my license is illegal...you guys know that my license is illegal...but the cops dont know about that whereas tints are something which are easily visible and we cant do anything about that...after reading manna/shubbis thread...im very confused about the sunfilm thing...as it is i have got dark tints which according to some cops are illlegal...most of the cops dont say anything...but twice they have told me that it is illegal...and travel on the we highway ATLEAST once a week...either airport or factory...confused and scared because if my car is ever toed...the whole front bumper will get screwed...even the rear actually...
Old 10th October 2005, 23:01   #30
BHPian

The rule was 50% on the sides and 70% on the front and rear.
As far as I remember, there was a case filed against the RTO that they could not fine anyone without having a proper way to check the glasses for their transparency. As this was under litigation, cops were not allowed to fine anyone... don't know the latest update on that.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed