Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:04   #481
BHPian

By this logic, Kart, Ceramic 70 is a killer film with huge IR rejection rate. why go for Klar 70 then?

There is something fishy here - the Opulent India website has different numbers than what I see here. whats right and whats wrong. also ceramic 70 is not listed there at all. Opulent

any ideas?
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:07   #482
BHPian

comparison sheet

Bhpians, we used to maintain an excel on this thread on film comparisons, seems that it hasnt been updated for some time. I pulled out the edits done on Linea thread on the v0.2 that I had done sometime back. Grateful if anyone finds discrepancies/issues - they can update and reload.

I have updated it for M series from VKool and Huper Optik stuff from Opulent India website.

Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: xls Copy of sunfilms comparison v3.xls (124.5 KB, 2016 views)
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:46   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart View Post
@adzegeek

The contact person for Bangalore was A Rao. His number is
"98805 - 73000". For other regions if you leave your contact details on their web site they should call you back.

Kart
Had called on this contact number for installing sunfilm on my Hyundai Accent. Charges are same as mentioned in one of the earlier posts.

Please be aware that you will have to provide a electric socket connection for heating purposes during installation of this film.

This is a problem for me as my apartment doesnt have a provision and so does my office parking area. I was looking for something on a immediate basis and couldn't make alternative arrangement and had to go for 3M.
Old 22nd December 2009, 16:40   #484

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
By this logic, Kart, Ceramic 70 is a killer film with huge IR rejection rate. why go for Klar 70 then?

There is something fishy here - the Opulent India website has different numbers than what I see here. whats right and whats wrong. also ceramic 70 is not listed there at all. Opulent

any ideas?

I took the specs from the Huper Optik website. Klar should be clear (transparent film). The ceramic will be a shaded film. With my little knowledge of german Klar stands for clear.

Any way I plan to visit the place and get a demo and check the ratings with a meter as promised by the guy. I will try to post it after this.

Kart
Old 22nd December 2009, 17:10   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart View Post
Hi,

I Spoke to one Mr A Rao from Opulent . They are the sole distributors of Huper-Optek. I had left my contact details at their web site and they called me back. Opulent

Has anybody opted for Huper Optik film? Any reviews on the film will help. Are the quotes for the film Expensive?

thanks,
Kart
i got my HO fixed by Mr Rao too. The company that does the fixing is called padmininano. i have posted all details in the 'Front windscreen sunfilm' forum, regarding price etc.

Quote:
So from the specs available at the huper web site, the KLAR 70/CR50 quality is nearly same as RE 70/50 of 3M, but inferior to VKool 70/Golddust or 3M CR70/CR50 by a long way.
The pricing reflects the same as well.
The best light color tint (to give the car a sophisticated look) with high heat rejection would be ceramic40 but they dont have that in stock. so you'll have to choose between ceramic50 (v. light) and ceramic30 (dark). but whatever you choose, the heat rejection will be superior to other manufacurers. its because, while other manufacturers claim high TSER's, they are unreliable and are usually tweaked by the manufacturers (search the forums abroad and people have done these tests themselves. infact, they find 3M to be highly unreliable and even laughable!). the only two films that are available in india which are absolutely reliable in terms of claimed TSER's are V-Kool and HO.
personally, i chose HO because it is a newer technology and also because with v-kool you get a greenish tinge to the glass, which i dislike whereas with HO you get this very cool, light, uniform tint of grey.

Quote:

any ideas?
the reason why they dont fix ceramic70 and fix klar70 is because they dont have that at all (no such product). look at the HO global website and you'll see all the different ones available (i'm attaching the product summary from that website).

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
Please be aware that you will have to provide a electric socket connection for heating purposes during installation of this film.

This is a problem for me as my apartment doesnt have a provision and so does my office parking area. I was looking for something on a immediate basis and couldn't make alternative arrangement and had to go for 3M.
you could have gotten it fixed at their facility in banashankari.
Attached Thumbnails
Sun Film-productsummarytable.gif  

Old 22nd December 2009, 17:40   #486
Senior - BHPian

What about this, Ceramic-70 is listed! Which global site are you referring to?
Product Summary

EDIT: Just realized, if you click on the table in above link, you get another table which is different (probably older version, which raftaar has attached)

Last edited by santosh.s : 22nd December 2009 at 17:47.
Old 22nd December 2009, 17:52   #487
BHPian

Santosh, are the specs of this film making sense?? How come a film with 91% IRR and 99% UV rejection have tser < 50??

all this huber duber specs and now-you-it-exists and now-it-does-not makes me lose confidence in these films.
Old 22nd December 2009, 18:22   #488
Senior - BHPian

I am no expert, but from what I know, TSER calculation is not as straightforward as we had made it (i.e. weight IR, VLT and UV numbers according to certain accepted percentage of these 3 components in solar spectrum). It may serve as a good guideline, though.

I would expect real TSER to be lesser than this estimation because- 1. IR rejection is usually specified at a certain wavelength, where probably it is peak. Actual rejection may be lesser at other IR wavelengths. 2. Energy blocked by film is partially re-radiated or conducted into the cabin.

Given that, 47% makes sense to me. Also it changes from 41 to 47 for Klar-70 to Ceramic-70, as IR rejection changes from 72 to 91.

One more thing to mention, I had made an inquiry about Bangalore dealer on Opulent website and Mr. Rao had called me too. He told me that specifications are average, peak numbers would be actually better. (Didn't really understand what he meant.)

Regarding reliability of the brand, as many have mentioned earlier, HO is well known (and admired) brand internationally. If they have official presence in India, I would definitely trust them. (Problems in website maintenance aren't exactly uncommon, I wouldn't pay much attention to that part)
Old 22nd December 2009, 19:06   #489
BHPian

santosh, as always explained well. I was comparing with other films with similar ratings and wondering what is different? I guess I will go with Blue ribbon stuff this time for my new 4wd scorp (do check http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...awk-scorp.html) - vKool 70 on front, now I am wondering about the sides - Gold dust has a hue not sure how it will come out? any recommendations..
Old 22nd December 2009, 21:11   #490
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for the beautiful new ride! Enjoy it.... safely.

I am not the right person to recommend you on films, you should ask somebody who has experienced at least a few different brands/models in past! Moreover, hue etc. is highly a matter of your (and your better half's) personal taste.
Old 27th January 2010, 19:45   #491

Sun Film

Hi,

Could you suggest a good place for getting the Hu sunfilms in Mumbai.

Also, any suggestion in terms of best place to get Sunfilm and Seat covers done for my Ritz, I am taking delivery on Feb 1st.
Old 16th February 2010, 00:17   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Cat View Post
Hi,

Could you suggest a good place for getting the Hu sunfilms in Mumbai.

Also, any suggestion in terms of best place to get Sunfilm and Seat covers done for my Ritz, I am taking delivery on Feb 1st.
Hi, I'm looking for the same, but in Pune. Did you get what you were looking for? Kindly share pics/details if possible! Will do the same.
Old 16th February 2010, 22:24   #493
BHPian

Huper Optik - no dealers in Bangalore?

I reached out to these Indian arm of Huper Optik and guess what, no dice!
Here is the exact reply.

"Thank you for your enquiry. Due to certain unavoidable circumstances, we have called off our relationship with Huperoptik and are no more dealing with their range of films. We express our inability to meet your current requirement with Huperoptik and once again we thank you for the interest shown with our company. "

What now? Any one else deal with ceramic sun film?

Mods, I felt this needs a separate thread as this is information that should appear in a search. Feel free to merge with any of the existing threads.
Old 17th February 2010, 13:37   #494
BHPian

Anyone know who else makes/distributes ceramic sunfilm in Bangalore?
Old 17th February 2010, 14:32   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
Anyone know who else makes/distributes ceramic sunfilm in Bangalore?
I got this url for HO while hunting for sunfilim for my car.
Orange Care Solutions
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks