Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2010, 18:53   #511
BHPian

samsan02,
1. since your budget is not very high try Garware, 3M (RE), Llumar (lower range). search for the excel spreadsheet on this thread. The legal limit on sides is 50% VLT.
2. Film doesnt get damaged, but reverse can be true esp in hands of wrong installer. Others can comment too.
3. I see a lot of folks who put the same brand and series on the rear and sides - However VLT legal limit on rear (and front) is 70%. Totally depends on your traffic police on this enforcement though - most installers will only recommend a separate VLT% for front and make the side and rear uniform.
4. Check the heat rejection, uv rejection and Infra rejection ratings of your windscreen - usually putting a front windscreen does improve dashbaord life, heat rejection and lowers A/C requirements .
Old 26th February 2010, 19:39   #512
BHPian

Thanks adzegeek ! I think I will go for 3M for the windows. Just windows and rear how much would it cost any idea. Where can I see some pics. Can someone post them here please.
Old 26th February 2010, 19:48   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Hi Guys,
Any addresses/contacts in Bangalore around ORR, Marathali, Koramangala will be of great help. Thanks
You can check out Reliance Autozone near silk board jn
Old 28th February 2010, 12:53   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
You can check out Reliance Autozone near silk board jn
Thanks! Salbin, will check it out. I hope they price it reasonably.
Old 28th February 2010, 13:43   #515
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! Salbin, will check it out. I hope they price it reasonably.
Let me know what is the quote for RE 35/50 for sides, RE70 for back

CR is the high end model. i got a quote of 5100 for wind shield with 5 year warranty card.
around 3.4. K for side and back re/cs 35 for my vista
the guy said there is no difference in price between RE35/RE50/RE70 and also Different CR series also.
the quote is from sachin in koramangala
Old 1st March 2010, 00:30   #516
BHPian

hi all,
i got the following sunfilms (Garware) installed in my i10 as well as Honda City SMT (2009).
1. Coolvision in the front windshield
2. International Lite (Ash lite - i10; Ashi Grey - honda city)
both from Motoworld, Sector-16 mkt, noida
cost - i10 - Rs 2100 (1400 - for coolvision front windshield; 700 for intl lite [4 windows and rear)
Honda city - Rs 2300 (1400 - for coolvision front windshield; 900 for intl lite [4 windows and rear)
but i am facing problem with the Honda city that the door-lock remote is not working after installing the sun-film. anyone faced such a problem?

Last edited by drkunaldas : 1st March 2010 at 00:33. Reason: incl the cost
Old 1st March 2010, 01:08   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkunaldas View Post
but i am facing problem with the Honda city that the door-lock remote is not working after installing the sun-film. anyone faced such a problem?
I have an ANHC and I went with 3M films on my car. I see no such problem with my remote locking mechanism, its been working as it was before. I am hoping you are refering to the default remote lock in ANHC and not any after-market installed security system?

Quote:
Thanks adzegeek ! I think I will go for 3M for the windows. Just windows and rear how much would it cost any idea. Where can I see some pics. Can someone post them here please.
I was charged Rs 3,600.00 for RE50 on the sides and RE70 on the rear for a Honda City. The dealer said there was no price difference between different shades, meaning it would cost us the same for RE 35/ 50/ 70.

You can look at my car pics after the sun control film installation in this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1713767
Old 1st March 2010, 02:01   #518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IMO this is happening as they opened the door panels during the sun film installation , and somehow messed up the remote lock sensor etc.
Old 1st March 2010, 02:01   #519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi all,
i got the following sunfilms (Garware) installed in my i10 as well as Honda City SMT (2009).
1. Coolvision in the front windshield
2. International Lite (Ash lite - i10; Ashi Grey - honda city)
both from Motoworld, Sector-16 mkt, noida
cost - i10 - Rs 2100 (1400 - for coolvision front windshield; 700 for intl lite [4 windows and rear)
Honda city - Rs 2300 (1400 - for coolvision front windshield; 900 for intl lite [4 windows and rear)
How can the tints affect the door lock remote? Please explain.
Old 1st March 2010, 08:05   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hmm... i'm sure garware film in that budget does not have any radiowave blocking metals inside it like some other expensive films. But anyways just to rule that out wind down the window and see if the remote works. Or see if the remote works if you press it from inside the car.
If Not, its the device problem and get it checked up with the dealer.
If Yes, its the film blocking the radio transmission.
Old 1st March 2010, 11:25   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sun film installers spray water on the window glasses from the inside. It is possible that some water may have seeped in and messed up the electronics associated with the remote locking system.

I have never seen it happening. This is just my guess.

Rohan
Old 1st March 2010, 14:08   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Perhaps the film is "metallic". Not sure if thats the right word for it, but some films contain a metal layer, which blocks out microwaves. Check (sitting inside with windows up) if your cell phone reception is lost as well.
Old 1st March 2010, 14:14   #523
BHPian

Hi I visited Reliance Autozone to check out the films. They had only LLumar and Vkool. 3M they dint have in their display thou.
They gave a demo of vkool, its a wonderful film for the amount of heat it rejects, they showed it using some halogen light and its heat and how this film obstruts so much heat.For sides /rear the quote was 5k to 8k for vkool. But they are all light tinted.

I saw LLumar too, two options 1.9k for sides/rear and 3.5k for sides and rear. Seemed fine but couldn't make up my mind.Wanted to check 3M too.

Which is better LLumar or 3M, they claimed LLumar is made in the US. And each pack contains 4 windows and rear with rear at 70% VLT and sides at 35% or 50% and its CMVA approved.

Can any one suggest some shops in kormangala, ORR, Marathali,HSR, bangalore, little directions will be of great help.
Old 1st March 2010, 21:06   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Which is better LLumar or 3M, they claimed LLumar is made in the US. And each pack contains 4 windows and rear with rear at 70% VLT and sides at 35% or 50% and its CMVA approved.
35% is not compliant to CMVA.

Llumar/3M - They are somewhat neck to neck depending on which range you choose. I dont think Llumar has anything close to CR70/CR50 i.e. near clear with >50% heat rejection. However 3m re70/50 is close to Llumar air 75/pp50 combination in terms of quality. But then CR is pretty expensive. Note that Llumar gives better warranty terms than 3m for the range above. Next time check the film series name and then compare on the web.

BTW - all 70% VLT films will be light onlee. 50% VLT films you can get some distinct hue options for sure.
Old 1st March 2010, 21:12   #525
BHPian

Quote:
They gave a demo of vkool, its a wonderful film for the amount of heat it rejects, they showed it using some halogen light and its heat and how this film obstruts so much heat.For sides /rear the quote was 5k to 8k for vkool. But they are all light tinted.
I recently put Vkool70 and Golddust on my scorp - the difference is quite chilling. In Hyd rather hottish season right now, I used to go at a/c hi, nearly full blast most of the time, now shifted to a/c low and bare minimum levels. Remarkable difference - worth the money spent. Would have tried Huper Optik as well but didnt find the dealer.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks