Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2010, 09:58   #586
BHPian

Issue with Garware icecool shield

few days back i have installed icecool shield on front and classic on rear and windows of my i10

now my front view has some issues, view seems distorted(maybe effect of refraction, is it because of water between film and glass ? its already been 10 days) specially for long distance object in broad sunlight, no issue in night.

i am really not sure why this happening, should i call the installer ?

anyone faced this issue before?

Thanks
Old 24th May 2010, 22:52   #587
BHPian

JustStarted, if you are having issues with visibility you should certainly call the installer, as branded sun film would give free re-placement in case of faulty products/installation.
Old 29th May 2010, 20:10   #588
BHPian

Any member has information about 3M sunfilm dealer in Kolkata? I enquired at three shops and all are dealing with Lummar or Garware.

I called 3m in Bangalore and got a local contact number. But the number is always switched off.

I am looking for 3M CR series film for my car.
Old 23rd June 2010, 20:21   #589
BHPian

Query: My chevy spark has got sunfilms with 70% VLT (all 6 glasses) which i got from the dealer when buying the car (not sure on the brand, will check later).

What i want - install 50% VLT sun film on sides. Leave front and back as it is (70%)

1. Which sun-film brand and % you recommend (VLT % should be legal in bangalore at least)
2. Why do we need warranty for sun films and what is covered under warranty ?
3. Price ? (for 4 sides only)
4. Good installer in Bangalore ?

PS: There is too much to read on this thread, so thought of popping this question directly. I did go through few posts here but that i know will not help.
Old 24th June 2010, 22:44   #590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Query: My chevy spark has got sunfilms with 70% VLT (all 6 glasses) which i got from the dealer when buying the car (not sure on the brand, will check later).

What i want - install 50% VLT sun film on sides. Leave front and back as it is (70%)

1. Which sun-film brand and % you recommend (VLT % should be legal in bangalore at least)
2. Why do we need warranty for sun films and what is covered under warranty ?
3. Price ? (for 4 sides only)
4. Good installer in Bangalore ?

PS: There is too much to read on this thread, so thought of popping this question directly. I did go through few posts here but that i know will not help.
1. VKool, 3M, Llumar and Garware.
2. Warranty covers poor worksmanship, fading of sunfilm and other manufacturing defects.
3. There are different varieties, you need to check with the dealer.
4. No idea.
Old 24th June 2010, 23:00   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
1. VKool, 3M, Llumar and Garware.
2. Warranty covers poor worksmanship, fading of sunfilm and other manufacturing defects.
3. There are different varieties, you need to check with the dealer.
4. No idea.
Thanks tsk.

1. So you have rated them as well ?? vkool being the best and garware on the lowest of the list.

FYI - mine says SAINT GOBAIN.
Old 1st July 2010, 11:24   #592

Which is the better option to go with - 3M SP series or Garware Classic Lite?
Old 1st July 2010, 23:41   #593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Thanks tsk.

1. So you have rated them as well ?? vkool being the best and garware on the lowest of the list.

FYI - mine says SAINT GOBAIN.
VKool overall has high prices comapred to the rest. Garware, 3M and LLumar have different varieties which are equally competitive considering various budgets, so technically I won't term Garware the lowest but yes, amongst the cheapest if you go for Architectural Rolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikus View Post
Which is the better option to go with - 3M SP series or Garware Classic Lite?
I think Garware Classic Lite has better Heat Rejection Specs than 3M SP Series and it is as per CMV Act. Check 3M SP specs here: 3M India: Executive
Old 2nd July 2010, 09:41   #594
BHPian

I have got an offer K14 for my wagonr for 5500. How is k14? and how is the price quoted?
Old 2nd July 2010, 12:42   #595

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
I think Garware Classic Lite has better Heat Rejection Specs than 3M SP Series and it is as per CMV Act. Check 3M SP specs here: 3M India: Executive
Thanks for the info. Go 3M SP done 50 on the sides/rear and 70 on the front.
Old 2nd July 2010, 21:59   #596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikus View Post
Thanks for the info. Go 3M SP done 50 on the sides/rear and 70 on the front.
Great! What price did you pay and from where did you get it?
Old 6th July 2010, 12:37   #597

Garware Ice cool is very effective for sides and rear, it has been highly spoken about by BHP'ians. Recently got them installed, the installer did a super job of putting it (took his time, but worth it) on Innova. The accessories shop (Carax) was suggesting 3M for front with 70% visibility, would need 100% visibility to ensure safe driving. Hence decided against, it would not help in heat rejection. That said, given an option of choosing safety .vs. extra fuel to churn the A/C, would choose the later hands down.
Old 7th July 2010, 10:02   #598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainLord View Post
Garware Ice cool is very effective for sides and rear, it has been highly spoken about by BHP'ians. Recently got them installed, the installer did a super job of putting it (took his time, but worth it) on Innova. The accessories shop (Carax) was suggesting 3M for front with 70% visibility, would need 100% visibility to ensure safe driving. Hence decided against, it would not help in heat rejection. That said, given an option of choosing safety .vs. extra fuel to churn the A/C, would choose the later hands down.
Hi MountainLord,
Can you share the pricing details of the installations and from which shop in Pune you did it from. What is the Heat rejection for the films you installed.
Old 9th July 2010, 15:04   #599
BHPian

Is it legal to use the anti glare film

Is it legal to use the anti glare film on all window glasses? I've got it done on my Beat for all glasses incl front windshield from the dealership as a package for 3840/ against a bill of 7100/. But my friend says its illegal

Any body can confirm? Dealer says no issues at all. Just want to confirm.
Old 11th July 2010, 19:09   #600
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Is it legal to use the anti glare film on all window glasses? I've got it done on my Beat for all glasses incl front windshield from the dealership as a package for 3840/ against a bill of 7100/. But my friend says its illegal

Any body can confirm? Dealer says no issues at all. Just want to confirm.
What do you mean by anitglare,the shiny reflecting one? then yes it is illegal.

The transparency level is 70% ,so next time check and install it.

In chennai i dont think cops are questioning on it
Closed Thread

Most Viewed