Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2010, 13:43   #631
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Thanks rohit...I have given it to the dealer.
I managed to get it free of cost by exchanging some other accessory which was promised by the dealer.
I am guessing that the 3M RE35 marks will be available on the sun film so that I can verify that they have indeed fitted the right one.

Thanks
Adi
There will only be 3M marks on the film. And the way to identify RE35 is the film will be very reflective and it might seem to have a greenish tinge. But if it is grey/black and not reflective then the film will not be RE but a cheaper CS series.
Old 27th August 2010, 13:48   #632
BHPian

Would the reflective RE35 look good on a Black Palio Stile or would it appear too loud? What should be the best possible shade of tints for black cars?
Old 27th August 2010, 17:29   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
It depends on the customer's preference and dealer's stand. You emphasize on a legal sunfilm.
Sure, dont want to take chances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
The legal limits are:
- 70% for front and rear
- 50% for the sides

But these limits are not strictly enforced in all states. If the cops are slightly lenient in your state, I would suggest installing sunfilm with 35% VLT (visible light transmission) on sides and rear. This is just my personal opinion - I feel 50% is too light and 20% is too dark.Rohan
I am using dealer installed 70% VLT (saint gobain). I haven't seen a side by side comparison for 20% / 35% / 50% but i feel 50% would be fine for me, considering the legal limits & that i am coming from 70%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
There will only be 3M marks on the film. And the way to identify RE35 is the film will be very reflective and it might seem to have a greenish tinge. But if it is grey/black and not reflective then the film will not be RE but a cheaper CS series.
So how does the RE50 look from outside ?? shiny / black

Attaching few pics of my car, please advice on what do you think would suit it ?? (I am just too concerned about the permissible limits)

INSIDE VIEW

Sun Film-07062010207.jpg

SIDE VIEW
Sun Film-07062010212.jpg

REAR VIEW
Sun Film-dsc05621.jpg

SIDE VIEW - drivers side window is down
Sun Film-dsc05743.jpg
Old 27th August 2010, 19:12   #634
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post

So how does the RE50 look from outside ?? shiny / black
See my garage, the Innova and the Getz have RE35.

Frankly i doubt 70% makes a difference at all unless it is from Vkool or a high end series of 3M or Llumar. 50% will be slightly better, but if you want a significant reduction in heat get 35%. All depends on how strict cops are in your city.
Old 27th August 2010, 19:18   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
See my garage, the Innova and the Getz have RE35.

Frankly i doubt 70% makes a difference at all unless it is from Vkool or a high end series of 3M or Llumar. 50% will be slightly better, but if you want a significant reduction in heat get 35%. All depends on how strict cops are in your city.
Thanks akshay. My main priority is privacy, will be able to manage with heat reduction.

I checked your gallery and i think cops in blore would flag such films irrespective of the fact that there are lots of cars here using dark films.

I think RE50 would be enough for me. It should be darker than what i have, isn't it ??
Old 27th August 2010, 19:27   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive View Post
Would the reflective RE35 look good on a Black Palio Stile or would it appear too loud? What should be the best possible shade of tints for black cars?

Any suggestions on this .
Old 27th August 2010, 19:28   #637
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Thanks akshay. My main priority is privacy, will be able to manage with heat reduction.

I checked your gallery and i think cops in blore would flag such films irrespective of the fact that there are lots of cars here using dark films.

I think RE50 would be enough for me. It should be darker than what i have, isn't it ??
Yes RE50 will be darker than what you have. But if privacy is your priority then 35 makes more sense. Like in my pics the film reflects that much only in certain conditions, on the road people will be able to see inside a certain extent.

Quote:
Any suggestions on this .
I think it will look fine. But you have to decide right? Hold the sample on your window and see if you like it.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 27th August 2010 at 19:29.
Old 28th August 2010, 11:37   #638
Senior - BHPian

I have sunfilms for my windshield and window screen of Garware Icecool, i am finding some issue in windshield sunfilm, there are marks may be due to hand or something inside the windshield and does not get clean easily, this leads to abrutpion in viewing while driving, is somebody else also facing the same issue
Old 30th August 2010, 18:51   #639
BHPian

Hi Akshay,

I remember you suggested me to get my sun film done outside for my White Chevy Cruze. The GM dealer is quoting around 2K for some Sunshield Brand of Sun film.He is providing 3 years warranty also for the same. Please advise on this, as well as can you please advise any other good brands in the 2 to 3K bracket?
Old 31st August 2010, 10:31   #640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I personally do not like reflective sun films.

Also, reflective sun film would not look good on black car. I would suggest normal RE35 (non-reflective type).

Rohan
Old 31st August 2010, 12:11   #641
BHPian

Quote:

Also, reflective sun film would not look good on black car. I would suggest normal RE35 (non-reflective type).

Rohan

Is there something like reflective and non-reflective in 3M RE35? Is there different shaded too?
Old 31st August 2010, 16:48   #642
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathnair View Post
Hi Akshay,

I remember you suggested me to get my sun film done outside for my White Chevy Cruze. The GM dealer is quoting around 2K for some Sunshield Brand of Sun film.He is providing 3 years warranty also for the same. Please advise on this, as well as can you please advise any other good brands in the 2 to 3K bracket?
If you ask me. It makes sense to spend 1.5k more and get a known brand like 3M or llumar. You will be sure that the film will last 5 years at least and the heat rejection will be much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
Is there something like reflective and non-reflective in 3M RE35? Is there different shaded too?
RE is the reflective series. There are other series like CS and SP which are non reflective, but the heat rejection of RE is better.
Old 31st August 2010, 17:10   #643

What kind of sunfilm do you suggest for a bakers choclate wagon R VXI ABS?

The city where this car will be driven, will be quite hot and I got some sugestions not to install sunfilm at the rear as it might damage the defrogger?
Old 31st August 2010, 17:25   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigamani View Post
What kind of sunfilm do you suggest for a bakers choclate wagon R VXI ABS?

The city where this car will be driven, will be quite hot and I got some sugestions not to install sunfilm at the rear as it might damage the defrogger?

Rear sunfilm does not damage the rear defogger - improper removal of the rear sunfilm might damage the rear defogger.
Old 31st August 2010, 17:38   #645
BHPian

Quote:

Rohan
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
My question too ! Are there different types within the RE series itself? That would be really useful. Or do i need to find options in the lower CS series. They seem to be less on heat insulation as per the 3m website, and the CR series is too heavy on the pocket.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed