Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2010, 23:31   #676
BHPian

Raguholla, you got any pics of your car with tints on?
Old 8th October 2010, 23:38   #677
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooze View Post
Khoj i think got both the locations and will get the work done from there.

Akshay 5,500 does that include windscreen also?

As some days back during a small car exibation i was told V kool will cost me around 13K for Jazz with a further discount of 1K. That was the reason in my 1st post had asked about the price difference between Vkool and 3M.
No buddy 5500 is for sides and rear. With the windscreen it will probably come to 13k. The windscreen film makes a lot of difference, I have 3M on my car. Vkool windscreen films are quite a bit more expensive than other brands, but then again they offer much more heat rejection.
Old 8th October 2010, 23:49   #678
Senior - BHPian

I had VKool 70 on the OHC all around. Cost a pretty packet but it let in lots of light (just the way I like it) while keeping out the heat well most of it.

Now I am searching for Klaar 80 by Huper Optik which lets in 80% visible light compared to 70% of the VK70. However as yet I have been unable to locate an installer in Bombay for Huper Optik, would appreciate if anyone could share any information that they might have regarding the same.
Old 12th October 2010, 12:25   #679
BHPian

Quote:
I have booked a Jazz. Currently thinking of sun film to be installed from outside.
Sunfilm from outside? Never heard about this. AFAIK sunfilms are installed from the inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The difference in price between 3M and Vkool is hardly 300 or so rupees. Now what would you pick?

Also Im talking about the economy range of Vkool with 60% heat rejection. There are higher ranges with 70%,90+% of heat rejection which are pricey.

The dealers for Mumbai are car world I think, you can google it. They have a shop in Andheri im reasonably sure.
Whats the price for economy range from Vkool?

I know Vkool has its showroom in Parle (W), near Pawan Hans (Juhu airport).
Old 12th October 2010, 12:51   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrman View Post
Sunfilm from outside? Never heard about this. AFAIK sunfilms are installed from the inside.
I believe he meant installing sunfilms from outside vendor and not from the dealer.
Old 12th October 2010, 13:32   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajakumar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by razrman View Post
I believe he meant installing sunfilms from outside vendor and not from the dealer.
Now that is a funny confusion.
Old 13th October 2010, 10:48   #682
BHPian

I recently (about 10 days ago) installed sunfilms on side and rear. But as a bad luck, it started raining (pouring) while the job was getting done and continued to rain for the rest of the day. Hence (i guess), the end result is not good.

I plan to remove and install new films all over again. I just want to know is it possible to remove a newly installed film and install new films. Or will I end up screwing up the glasses more?
Old 13th October 2010, 23:47   #683
BHPian

you are living on NCR dont u worry about sun film VLT . My cousins live in delhi and they habe more 20% VLT films on their car .

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
I am not too sure about strictness but I heard that the tints must be transparent enough that others are able to see who is inside.
What is the legal limit?
Do the cops in Delhi have those gadgets to measure VLT?
Should I be worried? Please suggest.
Old 14th October 2010, 00:28   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Khoj i think got both the locations and will get the work done from there.

Akshay 5,500 does that include windscreen also?

As some days back during a small car exibation i was told V kool will cost me around 13K for Jazz with a further discount of 1K. That was the reason in my 1st post had asked about the price difference between Vkool and 3M.
I have installed 3M for my Jazz and happy with the results, particularly the front one - 3M CR 70.
3M CR 70 will cost around 5.3K .
If you go for 3M RE35 for sides and rear, it will cost around 4.5K

Last edited by adimicra : 14th October 2010 at 00:30.
Old 14th October 2010, 00:59   #685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
I am not too sure about strictness but I heard that the tints must be transparent enough that others are able to see who is inside.
What is the legal limit?
Do the cops in Delhi have those gadgets to measure VLT?
Should I be worried? Please suggest.

The legal limit is 70% VLT. However on the sides up to 50% VLT is usually OK in NCR.

Some cops have those machines but it's very very rare to see them. During a drive however they have blades and I have seen strips of films being haphazardly cut out to force the erring vehicle owners to take out the rest. Such incidents are common close to special dates 15/08, 26 & 29/01 etc you get the idea.

If you are genuinely concerned, I would suggest that you go to Automarc at Defence Colony community center market. This guy usually knows the mood of the thullas for the season and will tell you how dark is being frowned upon or otherwise what with the Andrews Gunj Police station being across the Ring road from his location. I have had issues with HR police in the Karnal-Ambala stretch with 50% VLT and that too when the vehicle had HR plates. On the flip side the DP guys have never stopped me. So it is like a diluted version of Russian roulette

My cars now have 70% VLT films all around. These actually have better IR rejection than others for the same make. For extra privacy I have the vacuum suction cup net screens at 100 bucks for a set of 4.
Old 14th October 2010, 15:48   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive View Post
Now that is a funny confusion.
rajakumar thanks. Ya i meant was to install from Outside vendor as dealer is charging on a higher side. Currently thinking of getting K37 or T35 on sides and back as suggested and V Kool 70 for windscreen.

Also Khoj and Akshay i think will get it done from V Kool prabhadevi as just saw that Akshay youself also got it installed from there.
So better to follow the expert rather then trail and error method.

Khoj - I tried to find out about the Huper Optik dealer in Mumbai but without any success.
Old 14th October 2010, 17:12   #687
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Also Khoj and Akshay i think will get it done from V Kool prabhadevi as just saw that Akshay youself also got it installed from there.
So better to follow the expert rather then trail and error method.
The outlet in Andheri (?) is also run by the same family. So if Prabhadevi is too far for you I think the other outlet will be just fine.
Old 14th October 2010, 17:35   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The outlet in Andheri (?) is also run by the same family. So if Prabhadevi is too far for you I think the other outlet will be just fine.
Ya Andheri should be better as i normally go there once or twice a month.

Actually was thinking will get it done from some outlet in Navi Mumbai. So went this weekend for some Sunfilm hunting. I was shocked with the results.

Garware sun films almost every outlet had and the cost is Rs. 600 for sides and back and for Windscreen it is close to 750. i saw the box but was not at all convinced that it was a original Garware sunfilm.
Also saw installation work was being done on the road side in open. Read somewhere in the forum that place where sunfilm is installed should be covered.

So i realised that one need to be very careful in regard to sunfilm i.e sunfilm should original of that brand and should be installed correctly.

Also Akshay forgot to ask last time what do you think of the combination that i am thinking currently. Any idea how much should this cost so that can bargain accordingly.
Old 14th October 2010, 23:32   #689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Khoj - I tried to find out about the Huper Optik dealer in Mumbai but without any success.
Thanks for that man. I have actually decided not to film the Cedia at this point in time and see how it is in the summer of 2011.

Quote:
Actually was thinking will get it done from some outlet in Navi Mumbai. So went this weekend for some Sunfilm hunting. I was shocked with the results.
Majority of work done in most accessories shop in Navi Mumbai is well the less said the better. The one shop that does carry original sunfilms including Garware is in Nerul. It is called Amar tyre & battery but the install is out in the open. Infact I do not know of anyone except Vkool that does the install indoors.
Old 16th October 2010, 22:14   #690
BHPian

Hey, does anyone know if Garware sells reflective films like 3M RE 35 as well??
Closed Thread

Most Viewed