Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2010, 22:20   #691
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooze View Post

Also Akshay forgot to ask last time what do you think of the combination that i am thinking currently. Any idea how much should this cost so that can bargain accordingly.

IMO K37 will look a bit better since its less reflective and your car is a dark colour. About cost like I said around 5500 for sides, dont know about the front. Do post pics when its done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydevil View Post
Hey, does anyone know if Garware sells reflective films like 3M RE 35 as well??
Would advise you not to go for Garware. I had the dealer installed Garware on my Punto pulled off for Vkool and the adhesive quality was crap. It took 2 hours to get the film off and clean the adhesive. On my Accord taking off Llumar film took 15 mins. Adhesive came off with the film. Just shows 3M/Llumar are of higher quality than Garware. Even though im just talking about the adhesive, im sure it will be in many other areas too.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 16th October 2010 at 22:23.
Old 16th October 2010, 22:57   #692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Garware Classic, the reflective property is equivalent or better than RE series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post

Would advise you not to go for Garware. I had the dealer installed Garware on my Punto pulled off for Vkool and the adhesive quality was crap. It took 2 hours to get the film off and clean the adhesive. On my Accord taking off Llumar film took 15 mins. Adhesive came off with the film. Just shows 3M/Llumar are of higher quality than Garware. Even though im just talking about the adhesive, im sure it will be in many other areas too.
Akshay, which Garware did you go for? I hope it's not the architectural roll. I had Garware Classic on my i20 and got them removed yesterday. The Installer specifically got 'Thinner' to do away the adhesive marks on rear windshield as removing the normal way could've meant high probability of damage to De-fogger.

I've witnessed removal of local sun-films, LLumar and Garware and the latter two have shown exceptional requirement of labour by the installer.
Old 16th October 2010, 23:03   #693
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I earlier got EcoDrive tints on ANHC. 70 front n rear 50 side. With a certification and bill, total hit Rs 5000/-. Till date, good results in Delhi.
Old 17th October 2010, 01:25   #694
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Akshay, which Garware did you go for? I hope it's not the architectural roll. I had Garware Classic on my i20 and got them removed yesterday. The Installer specifically got 'Thinner' to do away the adhesive marks on rear windshield as removing the normal way could've meant high probability of damage to De-fogger.

I've witnessed removal of local sun-films, LLumar and Garware and the latter two have shown exceptional requirement of labour by the installer.
I had Garware Classic lite vlt-50 if im not mistaken. Well when the Garware was being removed the adhesive was all over the place, half on the film half remained on the glass. It was a real mess and took the installer 2 hours to get it done.

With the Llumar, the film and adhesive came right off. No need for thinner or anything of that sort.

What did you put on instead of Garware?
Old 17th October 2010, 13:16   #695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had Garware Classic lite vlt-50 if im not mistaken. Well when the Garware was being removed the adhesive was all over the place, half on the film half remained on the glass. It was a real mess and took the installer 2 hours to get it done.

With the Llumar, the film and adhesive came right off. No need for thinner or anything of that sort.

What did you put on instead of Garware?
Classic Lite is VLT-50% for sides and VLT-70% for rear, you're correct. The Classic one was removed window by window in one go, nothing of the kind of ordeal in your case.

I haven't installed any Sunfilm as of now on the sides and rear. The front is having 3M RE50 and no immediate plans for getting the rest filmed. The 'Classic' Dark Natural Ash shade has a VLT-25%, the same film is being used on Bold Beige ANHC and Real Earth Xing but on a White i20 it looks a lot darker. If ever I feel the need to get the rest filmed, I'm thinking of VLT-70%. I'm aware of 3M RE-70, please suggest other films.
Old 17th October 2010, 14:22   #696
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, it would be great if you post some pics of your ride showing the sun films and mentioning the details. It would really help us to see the films in action, especially th front windshield sun films. Am looking to install the windshield films.
Old 17th October 2010, 19:38   #697
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Classic Lite is VLT-50% for sides and VLT-70% for rear, you're correct. The Classic one was removed window by window in one go, nothing of the kind of ordeal in your case.

I haven't installed any Sunfilm as of now on the sides and rear. The front is having 3M RE50 and no immediate plans for getting the rest filmed. The 'Classic' Dark Natural Ash shade has a VLT-25%, the same film is being used on Bold Beige ANHC and Real Earth Xing but on a White i20 it looks a lot darker. If ever I feel the need to get the rest filmed, I'm thinking of VLT-70%. I'm aware of 3M RE-70, please suggest other films.
RE50 on your windscreen is illegal. Not that I should be preaching.

RE70 dosent have good heat rejection. I would suggest RE35 if anything.
Old 17th October 2010, 21:42   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Well bro, I am looking for a film that would give me privacy as well as good heat rejection. From what Ive read in one of your posts, RE series are opaque only in certain conditions, otherwise you can see through easily.

The reason I asked about Garware is because I noticed, their Ice cool range (tough not reflective) offers a film having about 41% VLT with 56% Heat Rejection, the heat rejection is good but film too light.

I have looked at the RE 35 on your innova and getz and also CS 35 on another bhpians car and noticed that despite it having 35% VLT it still isn't too dark from the outside...........

CS 20 with a VLT of just 16% is just too dangerous to put on. What would suggest?
Old 17th October 2010, 21:46   #699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Guys, it would be great if you post some pics of your ride showing the sun films and mentioning the details. It would really help us to see the films in action, especially th front windshield sun films. Am looking to install the windshield films.
Naveen, I shall upload soon.

Quote:
RE50 on your windscreen is illegal. Not that I should be preaching.

RE70 dosent have good heat rejection. I would suggest RE35 if anything.
Yeah, RE50 is illegal but thank God, no films on the rest take care of the interior's visibility. RE35, that would again mean returning to what I had earlier (to some extent). Thanks for the suggestion Akshay .
Old 18th October 2010, 10:50   #700
BHPian

Can anyone give me feedback on 5% VLT films.

I sat in a friends swift which had Garware 5% and visibility was a problem. I think it is more due to the quality of the film. He had installed it on sides and rear for some mere 950 bucks. Are all 5% VLT films like this? Can anyone give me any f/b on Llumar 5%?

I have been using 20% VLT on all my cars and I am comfortable with them. I want to know if there is any 5%VLT film which from inside will give me visibility similar to a 20% one.

Quote:
If I am not mistaken, the TopCool range from Garware is reflective.

You can find entire Garware range here :
http://www.garwaresuncontrol.com/pro.../car_packs.pdf
Old 18th October 2010, 10:58   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrman View Post
Can anyone give me feedback on 5% VLT films.

I sat in a friends swift which had Garware 5% and visibility was a problem. I think it is more due to the quality of the film. He had installed it on sides and rear for some mere 950 bucks. Are all 5% VLT films like this? Can anyone give me any f/b on Llumar 5%?

I have been using 20% VLT on all my cars and I am comfortable with them. I want to know if there is any 5%VLT film which from inside will give me visibility similar to a 20% one.
5% VLT means only 5% light is being transmitted through to the cabin hence the visibility is very low. Such films are not recommended as they wont enable you to be able to see anything, I wonder how your friend drives at night.
Old 18th October 2010, 14:17   #702
BHPian

Quote:
5% VLT means only 5% light is being transmitted through to the cabin hence the visibility is very low. Such films are not recommended as they wont enable you to be able to see anything, I wonder how your friend drives at night.
Exactly. I had visibility problems during evenings. Night would be just worse. But I have seen such dark (jet black) films on many cars and that makes me wonder, how do these people drive at night? Are there any high-end 5% films that give a better visibility as compared to cheap ones?
Old 18th October 2010, 14:33   #703
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Exactly. I had visibility problems during evenings. Night would be just worse. But I have seen such dark (jet black) films on many cars and that makes me wonder, how do these people drive at night? Are there any high-end 5% films that give a better visibility as compared to cheap ones?
Why not go for a 15-20% film, it will offer almost the same amount of privacy.
I have 15% films on my car and its fine driving at night since the film is only on the sides and rear, infact it reduces glare from the outside rear view mirrors. lol
Old 18th October 2010, 16:43   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Why not go for a 15-20% film, it will offer almost the same amount of privacy.
I have 15% films on my car and its fine driving at night since the film is only on the sides and rear, infact it reduces glare from the outside rear view mirrors. lol
15%? I dint know these were available. Can you please tell me which one specifically. Are you able to watch your OVRMs through this film at night? I know its a prob to see OVRMs through 5% ones at night.
Old 18th October 2010, 20:08   #705
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
15%? I dint know these were available. Can you please tell me which one specifically. Are you able to watch your OVRMs through this film at night? I know its a prob to see OVRMs through 5% ones at night.
I have Vkool K14. Yes I can see through the ORVMs at night but not as good at 35% or anything. But enough to be well aware of the traffic situation around me.

There is also 3M CS20 which is 16% I think.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks